Seperation Anxiety is a Joke

Arenas
Seperation Anxiety for PvP is a joke.

I wanna know whose brilliant idea it was to give BM hunters an AFK playstyle. Is blizzard really this idiotic that have ran out of ideas for hunters so they decided " oh guys lets just let them sit behind a pillar and press kill command because you don't actually have to be in line of people to use your abilities just like every other class has to, no LoS for Bm hunters!!!" Blizzard has really outdone themselves on such creative thinking, I wish I could've grown up and been as creative as them. Every other class has to be in line of people to use their abilites, sure locks don't have to be in line to use their pet stuns or kicks, but that's an actual pet ability, kill command is casted by the player themself it's not something that COULD auto go off such as a kick or a stun. Blizzard should really go back to the WoD design of BM in which you got kill command in a LoS only mode and your pets can't use kill command if they're a certain range from you, it's really simple.
This thread is so original.... So... new....... it's helping sooo much........ I wish they would take the talent away too...... but nobody would stop whining..... so why does it matter........ it'e like you log into the forums....... click on arena.........and all you hear is......................................

crying babies...................

WAHHHHH WAHHHHH WAHHHHHH..................................
04/13/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Rokhonn
This thread is so original.... So... new....... it's helping sooo much........ I wish they would take the talent away too...... but nobody would stop whining..... so why does it matter........ it'e like you log into the forums....... click on arena.........and all you hear is......................................

Wished that it would have been rokhonn instead that would have been dragged out of the united airlines... Would literally take a day off just to laugh at him.
04/13/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Angelblade

Wished that it would have been rokhonn instead that would have been dragged out of the united airlines... Would literally take a day off just to laugh at him.

Ummm.... what?

"It's not BS just because you don't like it"-Rokhonn 2017

god bless these BM hunters, they can't control their mental disabilities

edit:
don't worry, dench, i support you

just today I bought a cupcake some mentally disabled students at school and was patient with them when they forgot to give me a dollar back in change. from now on, i'll be patient with you
04/13/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Felrynn

wow was that really said
04/13/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Autocracy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

wow was that really said

She complains about everything. That was my response.
I honestly don't know why we are still on B-tag considering she has told me to kill myself 3 times and hates everything that i play.... We troll each other a lot.... It's an odd friendship.....
04/13/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Rokhonn
I honestly don't know why we are still on B-tag considering she has told me to kill myself 3 times and hates everything that i play....

I was pulling jokes at a serious topic is all, but you wanted to get offended which was hilarious. Pulled out rating bashing and everything +1.

BM is a bullsht spec bottom line. How I reacted to it towards you was a joke, but hey that's not my problem LOL.

I've played OP garbage before and knew it. Didn't deny it was broken what-so-ever. You don't do that. You think your spec is fine and dandy when it's not. You're delusional.

edit:
You play 2 classes and that's BM Hunter and Arms warrior.
One is a BS spec due to how it's played mechanically.
The other is BS purely because the CD of Duel/Disarm is too low.
04/13/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Rokhonn
04/13/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Autocracy
wow was that really said

I honestly don't know why we are still on B-tag considering she has told me to kill myself 3 times and hates everything that i play....

it's okay i hate everything you play too
04/13/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Kungfudemon
Seperation Anxiety for PvP is a joke.

I wanna know whose brilliant idea it was to give BM hunters an AFK playstyle. Is blizzard really this idiotic that have ran out of ideas for hunters so they decided " oh guys lets just let them sit behind a pillar and press kill command because you don't actually have to be in line of people to use your abilities just like every other class has to, no LoS for Bm hunters!!!" Blizzard has really outdone themselves on such creative thinking, I wish I could've grown up and been as creative as them. Every other class has to be in line of people to use their abilites, sure locks don't have to be in line to use their pet stuns or kicks, but that's an actual pet ability, kill command is casted by the player themself it's not something that COULD auto go off such as a kick or a stun. Blizzard should really go back to the WoD design of BM in which you got kill command in a LoS only mode and your pets can't use kill command if they're a certain range from you, it's really simple.
prob the same one who made monks so stupid.
Amazing that only now...do people complain. lol.

So rich, and BM Pets were nerfed last season.

Oooooh knows, my class isn't OP anymore, now I care!! lolz
04/14/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Rélik

People only complain now. Because its Op now. We want balance you !@#$knuckled pillar humping beastiality freak. Calling a Zoo on someone while they cower behind a pilar to 2.2k isn't balance.

You're just as pathetic as the Dh's and Mw's trying to defend their class in S1/S2
04/14/2017 05:27 AMPosted by Sùngrazer
04/14/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Rélik

People only complain now. Because its Op now. We want balance you !@#$knuckled pillar humping beastiality freak. Calling a Zoo on someone while they cower behind a pilar to 2.2k isn't balance.

You're just as pathetic as the Dh's and Mw's trying to defend their class in S1/S2

Your probably right, but its rare i get to chime in to the whining.

My theory, people aren't used to the style they're frustrated. 2v2 is the only place its even effective, Bgs, Rbgs, and 3v3 it isnt even used.

Here's how you beat it, without a nerf or with one.
Don't kill pets, CC Main pet, kill hunters teammate. Yes you have to CC the pet. And every time i see a person kill hati i wince. He's 3% of our damage. Sometimes arenas take more than just dps; CC and knowing the opponents class. And yes, especially in 2v2, some classes are not balanced.
04/14/2017 05:54 AMPosted by Rélik
Your probably right, but its rare i get to chime in to the whining.

My theory, people aren't used to the style they're frustrated. 2v2 is the only place its even effective, Bgs, Rbgs, and 3v3 it isnt even used.

Here's how you beat it, without a nerf or with one.
Don't kill pets, CC Main pet, kill hunters teammate. Yes you have to CC the pet. And every time i see a person kill hati i wince. He's 3% of our damage. Sometimes arenas take more than just dps; CC and knowing the opponents class. And yes, especially in 2v2, some classes are not balanced.

You can't kill their teammate. They LoS with the hunter. Using CC on the pet isn't going to win you the game. I need my Cc. We charge in with a full setup and try to steal a kill. Reset and keep trying untill the pets kill us or we manage to kill them in a cc chain. If I throw a useless Hoj onto the pet then Defiantly not wining then. Theres are very easy solutions to this(As explained in other threads). Blizzard is just autistic.
Separation Anxiety is a interesting talent. Creative on the design part I think. However, it has no place in a game like this. Especially in Arena. They could disable it in Arena. But it's clearly meant exactly for the situation it is causing problems in.

Basically, I agree...it's a strange and unneeded talent. Blizzard should just remove it.

All anyone ever did is complain about hunters, especially BM hunters -- during WoD - during the beginning seasons. The whole crows fiasco.

I have mixed feelings about agreeing to a nerf/change.

Meanwhile:
demon hunters globalling people still
shadow priests have a ranged execute
fury triple leap is broken in CTF maps
disc priests killing dps...sigh.
Affliction warlocks have too high dps
SA has been there since launch. It's only now getting noticed because of the dampening changes in 2s. BM isn't any stronger or weaker (relatively) in any other way. No real changes have been made to it since they redid the MM/BM stat template last season. I've never liked SA, and it's always seemed like a cheesy mechanic. That said - Hunters have been complaining about the entire design of bm and mm since legion alpha. BM just needs to be redone but it's mid expansion.

I think the game would be better if they replaced SA with scatter shot or some other kind of useful utility on the hunter. BM's biggest problem is that you just don't bring much of anything meaningful outside of your BW burst windows, and you don't have very many non-damage buttons like you do as MM/SV, so it's not really worth playing over either of those two in 3s. SA makes it way too strong in 2s. Take away the stupid ability that lets you cheese 2s on the other side of the map and give it something that promotes thought-based play imo.
Honestly, it needs a rework, and BM won't get that until 8.0.

BM pets should provide utility and buffs to the hunter. Certain spells make the pet do something that providers a unique buff or interaction that increases damage output from the hunter.

Or BM pets have unique abilities to heal the hunter, silence the enemy, buff the group, etc.

When your pet is doing 80% of your damage without LOS and practically unpeelable, it's a design problem. And you ride a very fine line of not powerful enough to OP.

So yeah, they really backed themselves into a corner. For Legion, they can at least look at maybe toning down pet dmg in pvp and buffing cobra shot? Design likely won't change though this expanison.
04/14/2017 07:35 AMPosted by Linkolas
Honestly, it needs a rework, and BM won't get that until 8.0.

BM pets should provide utility and buffs to the hunter. Certain spells make the pet do something that providers a unique buff or interaction that increases damage output from the hunter.

Or BM pets have unique abilities to heal the hunter, silence the enemy, buff the group, etc.

When your pet is doing 80% of your damage without LOS and practically unpeelable, it's a design problem. And you ride a very fine line of not powerful enough to OP.

So yeah, they really backed themselves into a corner. For Legion, they can at least look at maybe toning down pet dmg in pvp and buffing cobra shot? Design likely won't change though this expanison.

Pretty much this. Even if you don't play SA and try not to play like a scumbag (i.e. actually use cobra shot and do your "rotation" correctly), cobra is still only 15-20% of your damage. Everything else comes from your pet. When they redid the template a month before S2 ended, they kind of did a little bit of this by replacing a bunch of mastery (bm mastery is flat +pet damage) with haste and versa.

But basically, separation anxiety has been here since launch but people are just now really noticing it because of the dampening changes in 2s. BM is not anywhere near as good as SV or MM in 3s.

The only thing about "buffing non-pet damage" for the current iteration of BM is that "non-pet damage" consists of cobra shot. I don't know what point you would actually arrive at where cobra shot does enough damage to actually make a "weak pet" version of BM actually work for anything. It would be weird for cobra to hit really hard because it's just an instant cast filler.
remember 7.1.5 with us????? Yeah 4 shot kills, you just get auto kill and dont have to do anything but run..... About the same OPness
The year is 20XX. Everyone plays BM at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on pet priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.