Sentinax now just a lonely ship

General Discussion
They really need to revert the changes they did for Sentinax.

There are far fewer people bothering with Sentinax anymore. There's nothing immersive about having to put portals down so we can kill demons that give .25 shards per body.

Blizz had the blueprint for invasions. The pre-legion event was perfect.

Blizzard has no one to blame but themselves.

7.2 promised a lot of content but there's really nothing to do especially in Broken Shore. Invasions are cool but should be more frequent and give rep.
or you know...rewards increase depending on which tower is up...but yeah even with the right tower up the drop rates are low..and well players get lazy.
Nobody goes there on my server, literally empty
And lonely demons under the ship, people still opening sentinax, but no one touch the demons.
04/12/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Têt
or you know...rewards increase depending on which tower is up...but yeah even with the right tower up the drop rates are low..and well players get lazy.

Lazy? Meh, nerfed rewards and fighting for tags? I'd rather do something else.
04/12/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Têt

Lazy, no. Players need a reason to do something and since this is a game, that reason should be a reward.

Nothing lazy about that.
I dunno, it's upright on my island right now, it's excited about something. . .

though, should we tell Blizz if it's up for four hours or more?
04/12/2017 08:53 PMPosted by Phloofnpha
There's nothing immersive about having to put portals down so we can kill demons that give .25 shards per body.

Biggest problem with the sentinax now is the portals only last about 30-45 seconds and only like 2 or 3 waves of mobs come out before you have to put down another beacon. Couple that with a reduced shard count and a reduced beacon drop rate and the nerf basically rendered the sentinax completely useless.
I think the big issues with mob tagging killed it for a lot people. Tossing down a beacon for yourself and having the mobs stolen by others leaves very little incentive to do it. Couple that with reduced rewards and it's a no win scenario.

I gave it a good shot myself in the early days and seeing the mobs go grey nearly immediately was what decided me. The same things happened to my kids when they grouped up and tried it. Their server is Alliance dominated and they were the minority Horde players. You can guess how well it went.

It was a really good idea, but frankly, the old outdated faction tagging and the 5 man limit to tagging worked directly against it from the outset. Areas where we're supposed to be working together for a purpose need to have the archaic faction tagging system dropped on all mobs. If you have to re-balance things to accommodate that, then so be it. I can't think of another MMO where that tagging system even still exists.
These demons are having so many HP which feel like rare elites... and yet the reward is so poor that makes me don't bother to do.

I just start to delete the summons stones, what a waste of my bag slots.
Less people doing it = less time thinking about a fix = profit?
Yes the tagging definitely turned off a lot of players.

Do they see the complaints about the Sentinax nerf?

I saw PTR vids that showed folks farming shards and it looked fun in a way. Not frustrating like it is now.

I'm now seeing updates to those type of vids that rightfully accuse Blizz of switching it up to this dull version currently.
A friend of mine got 100,000 nethershards out of a single chest in that new treasure room. When I see that, while I know that's not the norm, grinding out nethershards at a rate of ten or twenty per pack sure feels like a ridiculously minute amount.

There's a toy sold by the vendor in the treasure room for 50k nethershards. Nobody (sane) will ever get that by grinding under the Sentinax.
If everything wasn't nerfed, it'd be exactly how it was on the first day.

Even if it was nerfed but not everything was farmed for such as this horrible reputation for flying then maybe there would be a few more people there.
I can't see ANY reason whatsoever to bother with the Sentinax. I completely avoid it wherever is because ALL it does is provide an annoyance.

The mobs don't give legionfall rep so WHAT IS THE POINT of farming ANYTHING there?

This development team is the worst this game has EVER seen. I cannot fathom how they are still employed.
Apparently their solution to mob tagging issues was to make the ship awful so fewer people would be there and mob tagging wouldn't be a problem.
Is it the lonliest ship that you ever do?
04/12/2017 10:14 PMPosted by Adelphie
Apparently their solution to mob tagging issues was to make the ship awful so fewer people would be there and mob tagging wouldn't be a problem.

See my other post.

They seem to be playing the long game on a lot of issues.

Unfortunately for them the playerbase seems to be playing the even longer game.

Unsubbing and not coming back unless they change things.
04/12/2017 08:53 PMPosted by Phloofnpha
There's nothing immersive about having to put portals down so we can kill demons that give .25 shards per body.

[/quote]

Don't use "immersion" as an excuse. The effort isn't worth the reward. Has nothing to do with getting lost in the game world.
I feel like the slow burn of this patch isn't fast enough for the majority of the playerbase, but the people that stick with it will be rewarded once things are in full swing.

Finding out the existence of the nethershard gambling NPC at the end of the questline really makes me think on how this patch is going to feel after 11 more weeks of buildup, and I'm kinda ok with that if things keep unlocking. The extra world quests added this week after the first part of the class hall quest makes me think that after a month, that island is going to be packed full of rewards. Also, the invasions getting faster will mean more nethershards to gamble or spend on legendary chances.

I was really skeptical last week, but I bore through it, cause as bad as it seemed, Blizzard hasn't been intentionally cruel. There could definitely be some fixes, but I'm ok with waiting to see if there aren't any other plans before getting all keyboard warrior about it.