Argus, Flying

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
After making us wait for flying and unlocking it this expansion, they better not pull a bait and switch and not allow us to fly in Argus
I'm pretty sure they already said there will be no flying in Argus sadly. Correct me if I'm wrong, since that would be cool.
Uh... I've got bad news for you. (they generally don't allow flying in new content zones).
Yea I'd be tempted to unsub and uninstall if they pulled some childish crap like that.
It's gonna be Isle of Thunder or Timeless Isle style no flying forever. At least, I would put good money on it.
If flying does come, it will be after Pathfinder 3. Funny though, "you can't be a pathfinder if you haven't pathfound."
See, if we were using the pre-WoD style of flight, I wouldnt care about new patch zones being No Fly.

But since I spent most of the xpac grounded, I SHOULD be able to use it in new content. For the past 2 months my hunter has been in what is essentially old content. Melting mobs, doing 'dailies'. I am not entitled for wanting to go back to the way it was.

I am starting to understand the allure of Legacy Realms.
Why would it be a bait and switch not to allow flying on Argus?

At no point have they told us that we would be able to fly on Argus. Argus is Timeless Isle sized according to what they said at Blizzcon. It's a totally isolated zone from the other expansion areas.

Traditionally, those types of zones have never had flying. Isle of Quel'Danas didn't in BC. Molten Front didn't in Cata. Isle of Thunder didn't in MoP.

I've been one of the most vocal proponents of flying in these forums going all the way back to the original discussion that started up after Blizzcon 2013's "no fly until 6.1" announcement and yet even I genuinely do not expect to be flying on Argus.

If Blizzard handles the lore correctly for the patch content, it would make sense that we aren't flying. It's the Legion's stronghold. The Army of the Light has been there for several years attacking. I doubt very much that the Legion has been ignoring them and neglecting their defenses, both ground and air.

So, let's say there's no flying on Argus. What are you going to do?
It would be so classy if they surprised us and granted flying on Argus since the start. Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

On the other hand, suppose Argus were a whole world with 7 new big zones, instant flight, 3 new dungeons, 2 raids and the return of Yrel.

People would complain all the same.
04/12/2017 07:46 PMPosted by Saltedpork
Uh... I've got bad news for you. (they generally don't allow flying in new content zones).

Why are we flying in Broken Shore then?

I hope it does but it all depends how its laid out. If its a small area similar to Timeless isle not a big deal. If its a large area with mountains, steep cliffs, giant craters, etc I REALLY hope they do.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but Death Knight hall and Druid hall allows flying. The Warlock hall, which looks like something from Argus, does not have flying. Might not mean anything but it is something I noticed.
04/12/2017 07:52 PMPosted by Mailborn

There was no flying in vanilla...
I've got this feeling Argus will be more than one zone. Given how early Thal'Dranath was scrapped (Nearly a year and a half ago, they had begun work on it too) and given going to Argus would have been in the pipeline when the expansion was written, I would be surprised if Argus is anything like another Timeless Isle/Isle of Thunder; rather a full scale zone at least.

While I wouldn't be concerned with no flight in 7.3 (we're going into their home world, makes sense to be grounded until we have some advantage), 7.4 should have flight in the zone (or zones, fingers crossed). I've always been sat on the fence regarding flight, however it would be a really poor move to have it for only a few months for relevant content and then have it stripped away.
04/12/2017 07:59 PMPosted by Shrilinda
04/12/2017 07:52 PMPosted by Mailborn

There was no flying in vanilla...

Legacy != Vanilla.
Legacy is any previous version of the game that is no longer accessible to us.

Vanilla is the most talked about, but anything from Vanilla to Wrath is typically considered 'Legacy', since Cata is when major changes started happening. People could fly in Wrath and BC.
Do you even know what a bait and switch is?

They haven't promised flying in Argus, so they aren't "baiting" anything. Also it's not uncommon AT ALL for a new zone released in a patch to have no flying, look at Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, Giants, etc etc. Nobody cared about flying in those places, why the hell would you care now?
04/12/2017 08:01 PMPosted by Unscripted
I've got this feeling Argus will be more than one zone.

I hope so. Argus deserves more than a single zone. It's one of the most important places in Warcraft.
04/12/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Nasaya
After making us wait for flying and unlocking it this expansion, they better not pull a bait and switch and not allow us to fly in Argus

The logic behind that is that we all fel down :p

get it?

the planet is covered in fel corruption!

get it?
"So we can fly in Argus?"

"Yes, flying is available in Argus. "

"No pathfinder quests?"

"Nope."

"No rep grinds?"

"Not a one."

"So we can fly? Right from the get go? "

"From the moment you enter Argus flight will be available to you"

"Ookay....."

".... tho I should mention that the entirety of the Argus map is classified as 'indoors', so .... "

"You bastards."
Simple point is, Once its unlocked for an expac (Which it should bloody be from the stat but thats a different issue) it should stay that way.

There are people pointing to Timeless Isle for a comparison, but that is flawed. Timeless Isle contained no raid only World Bosses. The nearest comparison to what they so far mentioned is Isle with Sunwell in TBC, and their was !@#$%ing that we couldn't fly their to. Blizzard ever since thier legendary back down in Draneor has been looking for further ways to string along the subs with flying as they realize how many actually care about it.

A Character should get MORE POWERFUL as a expansion progresses, not less.

Will i Unsub in 7.3 if there is no Flying?

No but i will be further disappointed in a company that until WOD i held above all other Gaming companies. One which i revered for doing right by its subscribers. One of the few that wanted to go the extra mile for the players.
04/12/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Katahnkah
"So we can fly in Argus?"

"Yes, flying is available in Argus. "

"No pathfinder quests?"

"Nope."

"No rep grinds?"

"Not a one."

"So we can fly? Right from the get go? "

"From the moment you enter Argus flight will be available to you"

"Ookay....."

".... tho I should mention that the entirety of the Argus map is classified as 'indoors', so .... "

"You bastards."

i loled
04/12/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Joynal

At no point have they told us that we would be able to fly on Argus. Argus is Timeless Isle sized according to what they said at Blizzcon. It's a totally isolated zone from the other expansion areas.

At no point did they tell us there WOULDN'T be flying on Argus. I was on the PTR today. Argus is larger than the Timeless Isle. Even if it was the same size, you cannot compare the two. All of Pandaria was ensconced in mist and mystery. There were bound to be pockets of nuisance. The idea behind no flying there was also to keep those without the legendary cape from going to the bonus area. With Argus, there is no such needed mechanic or lore that I'm aware of to restrict flying. It should be allowed in all of this expac's areas.