Is Mining Broke?

Professions
Been farming mining since I got flying for broken isles and I'm not getting up in skill points? stuck on 750 something...what is the issue here...thanks
I don't know how far they go up but seams should get you to the 60s to 80s (or something like that). The last several points are from mining Infernal Brimstone.
And then you have to strike it lucky that you can get a rank up from that brimstone.

All I can suggest is to make sure you visit DMF each month for the extra 5 points.

On my main that's how I got cooking, LW, first aid up to 800.
I did get skinning up to 800 but don't have rank 3 of everything.

This toon got herb up to 800 via DMF.
If you mouse over a node to mine, check the tool tip. If it is grey, you will not get a skill up. If it is green, your chance of a skill up is very low.

Don't forget the dark moon faire for an easy +5 skill up quest.
The only thing that can gain you levels at that point is Felslate stems. Caves are your friend. GL!
04/17/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Vêntrêss
Been farming mining since I got flying for broken isles and I'm not getting up in skill points? stuck on 750 something...what is the issue here...thanks

It is the same in every profession. Each skill is orange, then yellow, then green, then grey as your skill level increases. Each one has a different skill level range. When they are orange or yellow they always give a skill point. When green they sometimes do. When grey they never do.

My miners got up to around 740 and stopped getting "every time" skill-ups. Eventually one of them got to 800.
you can get to 800 farming leystone/felslate
The profession world quests now give skill points as well. I don't remember if the Infernal quests give anything, but turning in the loads of ore should give you a bump.