First Aid

General Discussion
Does anyone really even do this anymore? - Serious question.

If you still do, why?
Am I missing something?

Healing tonics?
Only reason I ever made bandages was when I was a lowbie and gold was tight.
Only reason I even look at bandages now is if there is an achievement for making X amount of bandages.

Insight please!
I max it out because there's an achievement.

I have bandaids in inventory, but I don't use them.

It's become pretty useless over the years. I probably should use the inventory slot for something else.
On my main I did it for the completion of professions. I don't remember bandages being worth much to me after BC, but once my tailoring on her is maxed, I always seem to have plenty of cloth to barrel through and complete it.

(It's also ridiculously easy to do the DMF quest each time that comes around. Between that and the random drop First Aid quests being how to level it, it didn't require tons of cloth so I did it easily.)
I haven't cared. I just do them because of achievements. Don't think I've used bandages since TBC. Maybe wrath.
The only reason to level it up is to get the achieve, because they will most likely be becoming legacy achieves/FoS sooner rather than later.
On this character and on my new warrior alt. Any questing it is in my benefit to go back to full health so as not to risk getting ganked. Cloth drops all the time and my main has mining so the loss of these resources hurts FAR less than cooking. With no healing spells outside of victory rush on my arms warrior and deathstrike on my dk, first aid is vital.
My brother that plays a hunter frequently uses them in PvP. Just for a few seconds for that little extra health. He also uses the gliders from engineering very heavily.

So I would say there's a tiny market / use for them.
Maxed it. Have used it a couple times if i get low and have no other option. But the heal is so low it basically useless.
04/19/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Shadöwkid
Does anyone really even do this anymore? - Serious question.

If you still do, why?
Am I missing something?

Healing tonics?
Only reason I ever made bandages was when I was a lowbie and gold was tight.
Only reason I even look at bandages now is if there is an achievement for making X amount of bandages.

Insight please!

I just like maxing out all professions, on all alts :) Although I must admit, I usually then end up forcing myself to use the bandages just because I have them (it's very rare that I use them because I *need* to).
For any class that lacks decent heals, first aid is good and is relevant
04/19/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Crepe
I max it out because there's an achievement.

Now I have reason! (Just wish I asked this before vending 2000+ of the current cloth)

With the leggo chest, the bandages are just taken up space.
I am yet to see someone bandage themselves out in the world questing. Been years since I saw those red cross graphics float up over a players head while bandaging.
Nope not at all. Lost all interest. Ironically it was once my fastest leveled specs on the beginning ending with wrath.
As you can see its pretty useless skill and just good for an achievement.
It is largely not all that useful, but that doesn't mean it is useless.

Probably find it more relevant to a class that has little in the way of self heals. I know I am more often using bandages on my rogue or my warrior.
04/19/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Shudder

Probably find it more relevant to a class that has little in the way of self heals. I know I am more often using bandages on my rogue or my warrior.

The heals haven't scaled with the heath so any minor bene they might have had is pretty much gone.
I use it all the time.
Health regen is kinda op at the moment. I made a hunter that ive only leveled through killing things and exploration and only use items i find or are from vendors. I used to use bandages all the time to keep my pet alive. Im starting to hit a point where even he doesnt need them and hes in a few greens and white/gray gear. Kinda sad when even terrible gear makes you overpowered and two shotting things 5 levels above you.
04/19/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Vinø
04/19/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Shudder

The heals haven't scaled with the heath so any minor bene they might have had is pretty much gone.

I know. It was far more useful while leveling up than anything else.

It might still see some use in PvP though even though it heals for a relatively meager amount compared to our current health pools.

Either way, I think the profession can largely be ignored. I still managed to max it out though out of habit.
I only did it when I found out about the "Field Medic" title.