Live Developer Q&A - Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Thursday, April 27, at 11:00 a.m. PDT, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A. We’ll be looking back over the first few weeks of 7.2, and answering your questions about everything involved with the patch, including the Broken Shore, Legion Assaults, new and improved dungeons, and more.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #LegionQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Thursday!
Why weren't the m+ changes communicated better?

Ex first boss of m+ Vault can now use both demon forms. That was a shock on 10 first week of the patch.
Moo.

Will the building uptime be changed at all? I see the uptime going way down as people do less Broken Shore WQ's now that they've obtained flying.
What's going on with Arms warriors? They are entirely dependent on colossus smash RNG and have one viable spec for virtually all situations.
Are you happy with the outcome / design of The Broken Shore
What are the changes for the last order hall trait cuz it's another RNG fest and prob the worst one, why not allow people equip another legendary? or another benefit?

Nethershards are still an issue, you can't farm (sentinax overnerfed) them what are you going to do to get some good amount of them without having to wait for invasions?

RNG is still destroying balance on classes around legendaries, how's this still happening even with the nethershard and the gear introduction any plans to keep "tweaking" the RNG on legendaries?
Will every spec get a developer post on talent and spell changes (or lack thereof) coming in 7.2.5? There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding specs that have not been discussed--we don't know if changes are coming or not.
With demon hunters having the ability to transmog the warglaives of azzinoth, will this pave the way for future transmogable legendary items, did someone say thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker?
For 2.5 months i've been getting every single item from the Weekly Challenger Cache, with crit. As a Prot Paladin, no use. Any plans on changing the way that system works?
Would it be possible for invasions (or at least future events like invasions) to have different possible scenarios? This would keep them feeling interesting and varied for a longer period of time if we get a different set of tasks and event each time we do them.
04/24/2017 10:17 AMPosted by Utyr
For 2.5 months i've been getting items with crit from Weekly Challenger Cache. As a Prot Paladin, no use. Any plans on changing the way that system works?

As a balance druid I am haste starved and my class is really dependent on this stat. I would also like a solution to this.
When will Arcane receive a visual update?

Updates have already been applied to NPCs in Suramar and NH since 7.0. Why not players?

On that note, the Arcane challenge appearance, while thematically consistent with our support spells in terms of our manipulations of Time and Space (Blink, Teleport, Displacement, Conjuration, Temporal Shield, etc..), is visually inconsistent with our entire arsenal with the sole exception of Slow Fall.

Have you considered implementing a different aesthetic (time) for generic Mage spells to better support that "chronomancer" fantasy, much like the one on the Arcane challenge staff, while leaving the ethereal violet aesthetic (space) to the damage spells?
Why such a huge rework of Discipline priests? Why were our comments and requests throughout the past 7 months seemingly not heard at all and now you're pulling us in a completely new (and arguably harder and less efficient) direction mid-tier?
How is the tuning of Mythic Tomb going to be relative to pre-nerf Mythic Nighthold?
Mage Blink has been semi-broken since the dawn of WoW. Often, minor ground detail will impede it. Any plans to address this? Perhaps by optionally making it work like Heroic Leap in terms of path-checking?
Any planned changes for the Artifact Challenges? (i.e. making them easier)
Is Mistweaver still a spec that is continuing to be focused on in 7.2.5, or are the changes on the current PTR iteration all that we should expect?
With 7.2 there seemed to be a change to the way channeled spells worked. On recasts, they no longer chain into themselves by dynamically extending the length of the channel and keeping the same tick period, but instead seem to reset to the full tick period. This is a negative change in the quality of life for casters such as Shadow Priests or Arcane Mages who rely on chaining together channeled spells.

What was the reason behind making this change back to the older way channeled spells work?
nerf warlocks pls ?
Can we please, in the future during Legion, get a 12 part class QA session?