Character Transfer *Fix*

Customer Support
Character Transfer service is being delayed drastically when buying the service from a web browser. I cancelled mine and did it through WoW and it took me no more than 10 minutes.

1. Cancel current pending order
2. Log into WoW character screen
3. Click "Shop" on the bottom left corner
4. Purchase your transfer
5. Give it a few minutes and rejoice

Credit where credit is due:
04/18/2017 05:55 AMPosted by Kerali
Well, this is hopeful. I initiated a character transfer (via the web) yesterday and it remained in a queued state. Reading this OP I went in and cancelled the pending transfer and initiated a transfer from the game client (from the login screen when not logged in on a character). I now have a very official gear icon next to the transferred character. On mouseover it has an estimated 8 minutes left to process. I'll update this post with success or failure of the transfer.

Edit: You can find your orders by going into your account settings, click "Transaction History", on the drop down click "Order History", then click on the order number that you want to cancel (Its in blue).
04/18/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Terrenar
Character Transfer service is being delayed drastically when buying the service from a web browser. I cancelled mine and did it through WoW and it took me no more than 10 minutes.

Well, this is hopeful. I initiated a character transfer (via the web) yesterday and it remained in a queued state. Reading this OP I went in and cancelled the pending transfer and initiated a transfer from the game client (from the login screen when not logged in on a character). I now have a very official gear icon next to the transferred character. On mouseover it has an estimated 8 minutes left to process. I'll update this post with success or failure of the transfer.

+1 Thank you!
04/18/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Terrenar

I'm glad at least this worked for some people. But for me and some others that's got no cancel button, the whole situation's dead in the tracks. One dude tried to have a GM cancel the order for him but was told that it can't be done. Sigh...
anyone else tried this and had it work?
trying it now
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for people that are in "queued" status. The payment has already been made, and so there's no option to cancel.
04/18/2017 08:41 AMPosted by Karbuncle
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for people that are in "queued" status. The payment has already been made, and so there's no option to cancel.

I will add this piece of info to my first post thanks.
This method works!!!! Also...make sure your clicking on the right pages to hit cancel on...mine said queued too on the one screen, but if you click on the character transfer tab on the web browser likie you were going to do one, there a little box for transaction history, and i could cancel it there.
04/18/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Terrenar
04/18/2017 08:41 AMPosted by Karbuncle

Actually don't! I just figured out the "Order Page" has yet another link to "Transaction History" which does in fact have a cancel option (nowhere else does). I was able to cancel from here and initiate the transfer in-game.
This is being looked into folks, I do not yet have any more information.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
04/18/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Karbuncle
04/18/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Terrenar

Actually don't! I just figured out the "Order Page" has yet another link to "Transaction History" which does in fact have a cancel option (nowhere else does). I was able to cancel from here and initiate the transfer in-game.

I spoke to a GM via live chat today and mine is stuck in the "queued" state, he couldn't cancel it or roll it back. It's stuck in limbo, I had no "cancel" option on any of my account pages on the web, and I checked about 10 times lol
Anyone know if canceling the pending transfer will automatically refund the money? I used blizzard balance from tokens and not a card. Don't wana spend another 25$ if I don't have to but I have raid tonight :(
I missed two days worth of AP and AK so far be use of this. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath on that being refuneed after they fix the problem... I wish I would have looked this up sooner so I could have cancelled before my character got stick in limbo. :(
04/18/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Serafína
Anyone know if canceling the pending transfer will automatically refund the money? I used blizzard balance from tokens and not a card. Don't wana spend another 25$ if I don't have to but I have raid tonight :(

yes i used bnet balance too and i immediately got the money back when cancelled through my accounts page.

+1 for purchasing through in-game shop instead. faction changed worked for me! took about 10 minutes
There is a small link under the main info "Service History". I was in q and clicked that link which took me to a page i could cancel it on. Which is odd considering a gm told me 2 days ago there was no way to cancel it until the 19th.

And for those complaining about us complainers with some "it's clearly posted it can take 72 hours when you do the change"... This is what it actually says "However, please allow up to 24 hours for the faction change to be reflected on the character selection screen." Another pure example of fake news!
I think I am going to try and cancel my faction change and do it through the in-game shop instead. Wish me luck!
Anyone know if they refund your credit/debit card when you hit cancel I found where to cancel my faction change and want to try it this way instead.
Just did this says completed on my account page but my character is still stuck on my old realm
04/18/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Winninja
Just did this says completed on my account page but my character is still stuck on my old realm

Have you tried creating a level 1 character on either realm? This worked for me - I think it helps refresh it.