Character Transfer *Fix*

Customer Support
04/18/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Matriarch
04/18/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Winninja
Just did this says completed on my account page but my character is still stuck on my old realm

Have you tried creating a level 1 character on either realm? This worked for me - I think it helps refresh it.

tried that already

Edit: you have to create a lv 1 toon login then delete it and it works
04/18/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Dyingbreed
Anyone know if they refund your credit/debit card when you hit cancel I found where to cancel my faction change and want to try it this way instead.

I don't think it will refund instantly. I have two $30 charges even though I canceled the web browser transaction. I assume I will get a refund eventually but again it is not instant.
04/18/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Matriarch
Anyone know if they refund your credit/debit card when you hit cancel I found where to cancel my faction change and want to try it this way instead.

I don't think it will refund instantly. I have two $30 charges even though I canceled the web browser transaction. I assume I will get a refund eventually but again it is not instant.

I'm currently trying this fix right now. I was able to Cancel mine and it instantly refunded, however I used bnet balance to pay for mine. I currently have the gear icon and have an "estimated wait time" of 9 minutes. I'll update this thread if it goes through.
This trick is great and all, but doesn't give the option for Guild Transfer, so now I'm sitting here with my main locked out. Really frustrating.
Update, my transfer went through sometime in the last 10 or so minutes. Thanks for the fix!
48 hrs stuck in "Queued" limbo, no option to cancel nor can the GM's cancel or roll the xfer back. Sucks :(
04/18/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Ñeah
48 hrs stuck in "Queued" limbo, no option to cancel nor can the GM's cancel or roll the xfer back. Sucks :(

It is a bit of a pain to cancel it when queued but there is a way what you have to do is go to the part that says transaction history then click order history it will bring up all your transactions you made with Blizzard.

Then click on the one that is still queued and it will take you to that part which you then service history and that should bring up the option to cancel it.
I can confirm this WORKS. I waited 72 hours with nothing. Read this post here. canceled it. Bought the server and faction change through the log in screen and I had my server/faction change within 5 minutes +100000 bump
04/18/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Ñeah

Mine said "queued" and I was still able to cancel it. Are you sure you are looking in the right spot?
This fix totally worked.
I also can confirm this way works after being stuck in queued for some time I went and cancelled it then went into game and used the shop on the character select screen to rebuy a faction change it took only maybe 20 minutes or so but when I logged back on it was right there.

Thank you so much for discovering this work around.
I can also confirm that this works!
Did a realm/faction change Sunday (didn't know about the outage at the time), canceled it today, and bought a new one via the client.
Went through in 30-ish minutes.

Thanks a bunch for posting this! @-@
I love you all. I went to order a transfer and then clicked on the status/history tab and was able to cancel my queued transfer
So after 5 chats with GM's via live chat I was able to get one that could actually cancel my xfer. Now I will try via in game client.
It worked, OP. Thanks! You have made the day better for me!

I did leave 2 characters canceled though. Will Blizzard refund my card? Since I was unable to get back on those toons and was not able to get them faction changed?
04/18/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Matriarch

Eh...I wish I had scrolled up. I wanted to ask the same thing!
04/18/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Nokneecaps
Eh...I wish I had scrolled up. I wanted to ask the same thing!

It does read it back into your bank account.
This worked for me!
Not seeing anywhere that it will let me cancel the transfer to do this from the web browser :(
04/18/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Orlyia
This is being looked into folks, I do not yet have any more information.

So, any updates on this? Still in limbo.