Why can you get kicked from an Invasion scen?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Some next level idiots decided to kick me from it because I ran around and destroyed all 3 of the things blocking the energy shield to the tower because they died. That's the fastest way to do the damn thing, you get all those destroyed, then die, then run up to the top of the tower and complete it. Why is it even possible to kick people in a 3 person scenario? On top of this I get a 30 minute deserter debuff on top of it. I mean, I just did something else and requeued but this is some seriously stupid stuff.
Next time don't get people killed, this "rush rush" mentality is painfully annoying. All you're doing by rushing and getting them killed is saving maybe a minute tops.
05/07/2017 07:22 PMPosted by Dràcula
Next time don't get people killed, this "rush rush" mentality is painfully annoying. All you're doing by rushing and getting them killed is saving maybe a minute tops.

Have to agree with this. Just suck it up and take a few minutes longer. Some of us like completing/role playing the scenarios
Because as with any other group content, people shouldn't be forced to play with people they don't want to.

Good reason or not, they wanted you out. Suck it up and move on.
And getting killed is a big thing? It's nothing in this game. You have no argument. These people wasted like 10 minutes of my time for something entirely trivial. If you're going to kick people for trivial reasons I'd rather you not pug anything.
... dying is trivial? Why the eff would I want to walk into a scenario, watch some !@#$%^ zerg everything and get ME killed for dumbassery? No one wants to die. I don't care how little it costs, don't want the repair bill, the dying or the re spawning because you're a jerk in a hurry.

Get off my lawn.
Because people either just try to sit at the spawn while the other two do everything, or they try to exploit their way to the last boss and screw the other two out of their stuff.

That's why.
05/07/2017 07:26 PMPosted by Zedonra
And getting killed is a big thing? It's nothing in this game. You have no argument. These people wasted like 10 minutes of my time for something entirely trivial. If you're going to kick people for trivial reasons I'd rather you not pug anything.

So instead of blaming your inability to be a team player, you're gonna blame them for not wanting to be killed for no good reason.

Ok then.
You also wasted their time for something trivial. I'm with them on this one.

Queue up with likeminded people or else risk getting kicked for pulling a stunt like that.
05/07/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Thallia
... dying is trivial? Why the eff would I want to walk into a scenario, watch some !@#$%^ zerg everything and get ME killed for dumbassery? No one wants to die. I don't care how little it costs, don't want the repair bill, the dying or the re spawning because you're a jerk in a hurry.

Get off my lawn.

Not saying zerg is good or not, but play 5+ min just to clear trash without die, compare to 5 mins early finish the invasion. I would believe that 5min you earn can do sth else meaningful and cover the repair bill.
05/07/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Moringa
You also wasted their time for something trivial. I'm with them on this one.

Queue up with likeminded people or else risk getting kicked for pulling a stunt like that.

I didn't waste their time, I am literally finishing the scenario faster for them.
Of course you told them exactly what you were doing and they were like, cool with it...right?

Cause this is absolutely not a communication issue.
Regardless of anything else, there should absolutely be no 'Deserter' debuff for being removed from a damn invasion scenario, and especially not for a full 30 minutes. That's insane. You didn't 'Desert' jack !@#$.
05/07/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Zedonra

I didn't waste their time, I am literally finishing the scenario faster for them.

Which they obviously didn't want. They wanted to complete it normally, peraps even role playing. As far as you wishing they not que for pugs, perhaps it is you who shouldn't be queuing solo.
I agree with you. Too many "carebear pve" players who wanna do "everything right" and ignore the fact that fighting every mob in the val'sharah scenario is stupid because it's infinite spawn and they just sit at spawn and kill incoming demons making 0% progress and thinking they are doing it right. These are the players we should kick.
05/07/2017 07:52 PMPosted by Borlerish
05/07/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Zedonra

Which they obviously didn't want. They wanted to complete it normally, peraps even role playing. As far as you wishing they not que for pugs, perhaps it is you who shouldn't be queuing solo.

Perhaps ppl who wants to role playing shouldn't be queuing solo too. Btw dying to wave of demons with endless fight is kind of neat role playing, don't be so bias...lol

And define what is "normally"? Killing anything moves is "normally" or doing the objective is normally?
05/07/2017 08:06 PMPosted by Balabu
05/07/2017 07:52 PMPosted by Borlerish

Perhaps ppl who wants to role playing shouldn't be queuing solo too. Btw dying to wave of demons with endless fight is kind of neat role playing, don't be so bias...lol

And define what is "normally"? Killing anything moves is "normally" or doing the objective is normally?

The moment anyone uses the instance to "roleplay" demon fighting for their silly nonsense will be the day they meet the 30 min deserter debuff over and over because of something that shouldn't be done in a que, unless they group with 2 other friends.
lol at the mindset of you doing someone else a favor?! really? selfish much. Not everyone wants to rush and zerg everything. Think about others before you do something in a GROUP or at least say something to let them know. This is the one time I agree with the desert debuff being applied. If you dont want to be kicked or get the debuff, get your own group and do it.
You can get kicked from a scenario for much the same reason as any other instanced random group content.

The kick system is there so a random group is capable of removing unwanted players, for whatever reason, by vote.

The scenario has this system as well, because it is randomly assembled group content. It naturally also has a need for a system that allows the removal of unwanted players by vote.
Man OP I must have gotten into a group with you and a friend because I got kicked for asking the pair to wait as I stealth and destroy the beacons. They said i'm [Insert insult here] [Insert word about mentally slow people here] and that it's much faster to zerg and die. I was surprised they wouldnt accept an option that doesnt involve a repair bill.