What about WoW is fun to you?

General Discussion
I've played for a long time.

PvP was somewhat fun but hardcore PvP (arena) can be annoying, needing to find a partner and voice chat, with not so great rewards other than bragging rights.

I spent a lot of my time playing for class fantasy. Finding that transmog I wanted and just creating this awesome character.

My main has always been a mage, which I feel they have like no good transmog for. Transmog is outdated and there's nothing that screams mage, so many transmog options for mages wasted and tier 20 looks horrendous imo.

Everything is so grindy/endless/aimless.

I unsubscribed. I love some of the artifact weapons but meh. Very vague reasons about why I'm not having fun but hopefully everyone can share theirs.
I love the story. Void lords and old god lore specifically, and what remains to be seen once we defeat the legion and realize obtaining all the pillars is allowing the void lords and old gods to come back into the world while we're off on another planet fighting sargeras.

Other than the story, it's just friends that play that keep me here. Story and friends. Otherwise I would have unsubbed a long !@# time ago with the games blizzard has been playing these past 2 expansions with the whole "we know what the community actually wants" mentality vs. listening to player feedback like other mmo's.
RNG
The people. The whole point of a role-playing game is to play it with other people. It's been that way since RPG's were invented in the early 1970's.

I love making friends and having adventures with them. If it wasn't for my raid team and guild, I seriously doubt I would continue playing.

People make games fun.
04/22/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Tewa
The people. The whole point of a role-playing game is to play it with other people. It's been that way since RPG's were invented in the early 1970's.

I love making friends and having adventures with them. If it wasn't for my raid team and guild, I seriously doubt I would continue playing.

People make games fun.

Yeah it's hard making friends in real life and especially in video games now... at least for me. Lol
This is going to sound a tad awful, I play less for fun anymore. I still have fun, but I mostly play to keep me busy. I use it to help keep my mind on something, keep me doing something.

Well, and its one of the few things I can do with my mom these days.

What keep me playing for a long time, was the lore, exploring the zones, seeing all the stuff. I always get real happy when a new x-pac drops, and I get to see new zones.
My toon!
All the content to do!
Flying!
Raiding and Dungeons!
BG's
Story /Lore
The massive world
Transmog
Ink night potion
Killing stuff
Immersion

I really like this game and have since TBC. Ill slow down but I'll never stop playing.
04/22/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Ansa
This is going to sound a tad awful, I play less for fun anymore. I still have fun, but I mostly play to keep me busy. I use it to help keep my mind on something, keep me doing something.

Well, and its one of the few things I can do with my mom these days.

What keep me playing for a long time, was the lore, exploring the zones, seeing all the stuff. I always get real happy when a new x-pac drops, and I get to see new zones.

That's not awful, that's beautiful. I'm happy you can play with your mom. I wish my mom played games. :)
Story.

Leveling alts.

Flying so I'm focused on the story not how to navigate around a boulder.

So basically not Legion.
Haven't played the game in a while because I find it incredibly dull right now, I think the forums are more entertaining than the actual game
04/22/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Razilax
Haven't played the game in a while because I find it incredibly dull right now, I think the forums are more entertaining than the actual game

Same. Lol
I love my priest Levie. I love my friends and guild. I wax and wane on how hard I go. 7.2 kind of fried me as I felt the GRIND and the BLAH of the Broken Shore. There are some hang ups I have with regards to Paragon Caches being disappointing - as well as a lack of really fun transmog hunting. I have the old Absolution set from back in the day, getting the NEW upcoming recolors of the same old set in Tomb of Sargeras really isn't that exciting.

I'm trying to pace myself out and enjoy some down time between now and when the new raid opens up so I can be charged and ready to make the push through normal then heroic with my guild. We aren't a mythic type of guild but enjoy completing the heroic content as a team. Trying my best to keep a full raid with decent composition each week keeps me busy. Not only does there need to be bodies in the raid, I have to be somewhat of a stickler for inviting players who do not consistently mess up mechanics. It is uncomfortable when you have a lot of friends you want to bring -but simply can not until they GET IT. Some do- some don't , some fall through the cracks. Some step up and SHINE! It is very rewarding when the team pulls together and we conquer the content. I like looking back and remembering how overwhelming the fights used to be, but now we've GOT IT! Easy Cakes!!!

I'm really hoping this next raid is FUN with good momentum and a sense of progress.
- One other thing that I really love about WOW right now is the 5 person content. I've always loved dungeons and the mythic plus groups are such a blast. I've gotten most of my gear from mythic plus in fact. Though I love our heroic raid, I can see clearly it is not my bread and butter for gear.

I love that in the mythic plus, everyone is trying hard. Everyone wants it super bad. Everyone MATTERS. There are no carries in the higher keys. I love the synergy of working with the same people each week. Learning how they play and being able to react to what the encounter is demanding smoothly.

Anyway - I know this is getting long, thanks for reading.

~::~ Levie ~::~
I played since early BC and honestly different activities appealed at different times.