WoW ruins Blizzards reputation?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
WoW used to be the main reason of Blizzard's success but now it has become exactly the opposite, while Overwatch, Hearthstone and their other games are praised by the fans and give a good impression of Blizzard to the audience, WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't. Im pretty sure that Blizzard was the one who asked Square Enix to do that twitter fight thing in order to make WoW look a bit more positive because SE definately doesn't give a crap about that stuff.
Twitter fight?
WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't.

Not really, that's more of a forum trend.

We get extra hateful here.. but that's not really representative.
05/01/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Daneel
Twitter fight?

yea wow and ffxiv had a friendly twitter fight to hype up fans which is almost 100% sure that blizzard asked them to do it
05/01/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Nobunanga
WoW used to be the main reason of Blizzard's success but now it has become exactly the opposite, while Overwatch, Hearthstone and their other games are praised by the fans and give a good impression of Blizzard to the audience, WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't. Im pretty sure that Blizzard was the one who asked Square Enix to do that twitter fight thing in order to make WoW look a bit more positive because SE definately doesn't give a crap about that stuff.

Most people who are happy with WoW are playing the game, they don't waste time on the forums venting and moaning and complaining and carrying on like little girls who have had their dolls taken away. And yes, Blizzard organized the twitter fight thing like some preschoolers because they have nothing better to do.

I wonder what all these moaners who can't find anything positive to say about the game will do when Blizz eventually cancels the game, which will happen eventually.
05/01/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Snowfox
Not really, that's more of a forum trend.

We get extra hateful here.. but that's not really representative.

I tend to see some hate outside the forums on other parts of the internet. But it's usually by people who used to play the game and fell out of love with it for various reasons.
I still love the game and enjoy playing it. Not everyone hates the game.
05/01/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Rythok

Most people who are happy with WoW are playing the game, they don't waste time on the forums venting and moaning and complaining and carrying on like little girls who have had their dolls taken away. And yes, Blizzard organized the twitter fight thing like some preschoolers because they have nothing better to do.

I wonder what all these moaners who can't find anything positive to say about the game will do when Blizz eventually cancels the game, which will happen eventually.

if that was true they wouldn't suddenly hide their subscriber number after dropping so much and instead they would do it when it was still at a high number
Hey OP, Wow is Blizzard, So they ruin themselves either way.
Speak for yourself. I've played this game since 2005, and every game Blizzard has made except Overwatch.

These folks make great games. Other than Borderlands, there is nothing else that I keep installed.
05/01/2017 11:18 PMPosted by Spongebobt

if that was true they wouldn't suddenly hide their subscriber number after dropping so much and instead they would do it when it was still at a high number

They clearly are happy with their sub numbers enough to continue on in the direction they choose. And thats all we need to know about their current sub numbers.
Speak for yourself? Nah hes speaking for his grandma who owns half of Blizzard.
05/01/2017 11:37 PMPosted by Promiseland
Speak for yourself. I've played this game since 2005, and every game Blizzard has made except Overwatch.

These folks make great games. Other than Borderlands, there is nothing else that I keep installed.

How do you know someone's played since 05? They'll tell you they've played since 05.

Here we have another tin foil hat expert who has all the inside information about subscriber numbers. He knows more than investors who buy ATVI stock or the SEC that reviews ATVI filings. Yes Blizz have less than 100k subscribers, by the time the disastrous 7.2.5 patch is released it will be down to a few thousand right.

It's amazing how some of the people so negative about this game are still playing, and not only that have invested many hours and multiple toons into the game and are continuing to do so. And they spend hours and hours of time complaining about the game on forums instead of being proactive and just cancelling. Why play something you don't like? It's a game not a job.
05/01/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Nyxnova
They clearly are happy with their sub numbers enough to continue on in the direction they choose. And thats all we need to know about their current sub numbers.

Why would they be happy with half as many subs as 5 years ago. That's their goal? Just accept declining subs and don't try and do anything to create more? K pal.
Don't know why he's getting downvoted, it's not like he's wrong. Out of all of Blizz's current games, WoW's the only one that's more disappointing than the others. Even Diablo 3 is proving to be more fun than WoW in its current state, which is ironic as WoW is starting to take elements from D3 yet doesn't pull it off as well
05/01/2017 11:43 PMPosted by Elterrible
Why would they be happy with half as many subs as 5 years ago.

Well, 5 years ago their competition was... what? SWTOR wasn't quite six months old, there was GW2, EQ2... not exactly making WoW quake in its boots. Their competition has gotten a lot tougher and, more importantly, there's a lot more of them now. WoW's not going to be able to claim the market share that it did back then.

They also had a lot of advertising campaigns, mostly in the late Wrath/early Cata era, that they've since scaled back or discontinued.
05/01/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Rythok

Here we have another tin foil hat expert who has all the inside information about subscriber numbers. He knows more than investors who buy ATVI stock or the SEC that reviews ATVI filings. Yes Blizz have less than 100k subscribers, by the time the disastrous 7.2.5 patch is released it will be down to a few thousand right.

It's amazing how some of the people so negative about this game are still playing, and not only that have invested many hours and multiple toons into the game and are continuing to do so. And they spend hours and hours of time complaining about the game on forums instead of being proactive and just cancelling. Why play something you don't like? It's a game not a job.

It's amazing how it doesn't occur to some people like you that not everyone here on the forums is still playing the game, they're just still able to post because their sub hasn't expired yet or they've not bothered to log on again.

Your reasoning is like why do people keep watching WWE if they complain about it. It's loyalty, that or maybe they keep playing/watching to hope that the company will prove them wrong..Or they just have nothing else to do, which was the case for me as to why I came back because there wasn't much to do in console gaming at the time, which isn't the case now since Mass Effect/Horizon Zero Dawn/etc has came out.

"It's a game not a job"..Funny you say that when there's so many chores we have to do in this game now to get anything that we want that it might as well be considered a job. Sorry it makes you butthurt that not everyone likes the game just because you do. You want them to say something positive? How about Blizz show they actually care about their fanbase like companies like CD Projekt Red does about theirs..Then you'd see more "positive" comments occur. It never ceases to amaze how people b*tch about people making threads saying something negative about Blizz yet you chose to take the time to enter this thread and read it when you've could've just scrolled on.
OP,

Guess what..

I don't spend money playing games that I hate.

I don't even spend money on games that I dislike.

I don't even spend money on games that I feel that are mehhh...

I only spend money on games that I like... I only spend money for 8 years on games that I really, really like.
WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't.

Listen very carefully to these words.

All games that have significantly large player bases draw negativity on their forums. It is almost a guarantee. There will always be a segment of players that disagrees with something you do, and at a certain volume of players, no matter how insignificant to the greater population, is going to be able to put up a major fit.

The game has millions of players and the most dramatic !@#$ fits only generate a few hundred upvotes. Do the math.

Almost nobody lingers around games they don't like. People here who moan constantly are behavioral outliers or are just blustering.