WoW ruins Blizzards reputation?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
05/01/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Snowfox
Not really, that's more of a forum trend.

We get extra hateful here.. but that's not really representative.

Yes, because we're the only ones who express disappointment. *rolls eyes*
Someone once said that Blizzard is sunsetting WoW. I think there might be some truth to that.

Oh don't get me wrong, they can turn a profit with one million customers, but, given the massive resources required by WoW versus Hearthstone or Hots, well, I can see that PoV.
I think HoTS ruined blizzards reputation. That game is all kinds of bad, i tried that pos so many times with an open mind trying to find the tidbit of hope. Nope none!
What are you even talking about? The Warcraft franchise are what put them on the radar to begin with.........
05/01/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Nobunanga
WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't.

You do realize these forums represent such a small % of the actually player base, right? I don't see this negativity from friends and guildies who don't come to the forums. Hell the only reason I come here is to kill time at work.
WoW used to be the main reason of Blizzard's success but now it has become exactly the opposite, while Overwatch, Hearthstone and their other games are praised by the fans and give a good impression of Blizzard to the audience, WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't. Im pretty sure that Blizzard was the one who asked Square Enix to do that twitter fight thing in order to make WoW look a bit more positive because SE definately doesn't give a crap about that stuff.

Stop worrying about made up issues. I dont understand how people have the time or energy to even think about these sort of things.
05/03/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Bloodidan
You do realize these forums represent such a small % of the actually player base, right? I don't see this negativity from friends and guildies who don't come to the forums. Hell the only reason I come here is to kill time at work.

For over 20 years of browsing MMO forums I have seen this obviously ridiculous claim of people inferring it is only a small percentage but not representative.

WRONG.

Anyone with even basic education knows you do not poll an entire population, you use population SAMPLES.

Duh. As I stated earlier, there are really a lot of unintelligent people playing this game who are so emotionally invested that they will white knight all the way until the very day the lights finally go out in a game.
WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't.

if we're referring to the gaming community as a wholes perspective on wow then the OP is correct.

Wow is not highly regarded in the NA or EU gaming community
I mean, back in 2015 (the dreaded year of the worst xpack ever) WoW was still amongst the top 10 most profitable games in the world, making an estimated 800 million $ if memory serves. Whatever damage this game might or might not do to Blizzard's reputation, it sure doesn't hurt their finances, which is what they care about in the end.

Also, going by forums as a measure of ''reputation'' is a terrible metric. Every game forum I've been to is filled with criticism, with the exception of Bethesda forums where the posters are downright sycophantic.

if we're referring to the gaming community as a wholes perspective on wow then the OP is correct.

Wow is not highly regarded in the NA or EU gaming community

Alright, I'll bite.

What 12 year old ongoing mmos are you claiming have better reputations?
Um... Have you... actually read the other forums?
05/01/2017 11:43 PMPosted by Elterrible
05/01/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Nyxnova
They clearly are happy with their sub numbers enough to continue on in the direction they choose. And thats all we need to know about their current sub numbers.

Why would they be happy with half as many subs as 5 years ago. That's their goal? Just accept declining subs and don't try and do anything to create more? K pal.

Half as many subs, still the same amount of income(or greater). A lot of you 'experts' seem to fail to realize that since the introduction of the WoW token, and what I believe to be a fairly decent shift to people paying for this game with in game gold, I'd be willing to bet a good 20% of the player base actually pays 5$ more a month to play this game.

If you want to estimate numbers go for it, but if there are any decent amount of token players, blizzard doesn't need WoW to maintain it's ridiculously high sub count.

Hell, Overwatch, HotS and Hearthstone bring in stupid levels of income as well. And yes, they are in different departments, and each department has it's own costs which should be offset by income generated through said game. But at the end of the quarter, if WoW isn't the number one money maker, it's not that big of a deal.

They can afford to play around with things, try wildly new avenues, make big sweeping changes, and why is that? Because WoW isn't the only game bringing in massive amounts of revenue.

Now, to address your response, are the happy with sub numbers yoyoing each expansion? Probably not, I can't speak for them. But sub numbers don't matter anymore.
you got it wrong OP its quite the opposite Blizzard is ruining WoW rep as well as their own by making unpopular game changing decisions despite the players reacting badly to them
So many white knights grasping for some good news about a dying game.
You think WoW brings negativity ? Damn you really should see the D3 community. People are so done with that game.
05/03/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Someone once said that Blizzard is sunsetting WoW. I think there might be some truth to that.

Oh don't get me wrong, they can turn a profit with one million customers, but, given the massive resources required by WoW versus Hearthstone or Hots, well, I can see that PoV.

This.

So I do think they are shifting away from the MMO genre.

I do visit the D3 forums-- They get just as much hate there.
WoW used to be the main reason of Blizzard's success but now it has become exactly the opposite, while Overwatch, Hearthstone and their other games are praised by the fans and give a good impression of Blizzard to the audience, WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't. Im pretty sure that Blizzard was the one who asked Square Enix to do that twitter fight thing in order to make WoW look a bit more positive because SE definately doesn't give a crap about that stuff.

If WoW ruined Blizz's reputation, ask the Devs why. XD
05/03/2017 02:02 PMPosted by Shadow
05/03/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Bloodidan

For over 20 years of browsing MMO forums I have seen this obviously ridiculous claim of people inferring it is only a small percentage but not representative.

WRONG.

Anyone with even basic education knows you do not poll an entire population, you use population SAMPLES.

Duh. As I stated earlier, there are really a lot of unintelligent people playing this game who are so emotionally invested that they will white knight all the way until the very day the lights finally go out in a game.

It's not the smallness of the sample size that makes the forums unrepresentative. What makes them unrepresentative is that the players who come to the forums tend to be more invested in the game than the average player.