WoW ruins Blizzards reputation?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
05/05/2017 11:24 PMPosted by Mikdra
05/03/2017 02:02 PMPosted by Shadow

For over 20 years of browsing MMO forums I have seen this obviously ridiculous claim of people inferring it is only a small percentage but not representative.

WRONG.

Anyone with even basic education knows you do not poll an entire population, you use population SAMPLES.

Duh. As I stated earlier, there are really a lot of unintelligent people playing this game who are so emotionally invested that they will white knight all the way until the very day the lights finally go out in a game.

It's not the smallness of the sample size that makes the forums unrepresentative. What makes them unrepresentative is that the players who come to the forums tend to be more invested in the game than the average player.

Spot on. Any quality survey will make sure the sample used is representative of the make up of the population as a whole.

Using GD as your sample would be like doing a survey on poverty and only selecting people from Beverly Hills.
05/01/2017 11:15 PMPosted by Havia
05/01/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Snowfox
Not really, that's more of a forum trend.

We get extra hateful here.. but that's not really representative.

I tend to see some hate outside the forums on other parts of the internet. But it's usually by people who used to play the game and fell out of love with it for various reasons.

It's been that way since Vanilla, especially when playing other MMOs or visiting their forums, they're always filled with bitter ex WoW players.

I have never seen someone so whiny; and btw DOOR----->

Go on someplace loser. It'd be nice if I could take that door and slam it on you ;) Multiple times of course

/punt rofl
The only hate towards WoW that I've encountered first hand is from people that have never played the game.

It's also mostly been from people who have only ever played Overwatch in regards to Blizzard's library, they seem to resent any attention given to any game other than their favourite. Most laughable reason someone gave me was that WoW was 'anti-feminist/SJW', racist, and every other current tumblr buzzword under the sun.
05/06/2017 10:07 PMPosted by Elunester
Go on someplace loser. It'd be nice if I could take that door and slam it on you ;) Multiple times of course

/punt rofl

/force choke rofl
Dude it's Nobunaga
Overwatch, Hearthstone, and HoTS are all terrible games.
05/02/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Mvura

The game has millions of players and the most dramatic !@#$ fits only generate a few hundred upvotes. Do the math.

Surveys are always carried out on a small sample base and scaled up, yet still prove to be an pretty accurate reflection of the wider audience.

All through the WoD flying debate there were the Blizzard shills saying that the pro-flyers were just forum goers and their number was small compared to the millions of players the game had. Yet when the crunch came, enough quit over the issue to make Blizzard change it's mind. You do the maths. A few hundred upvotes wouldn't have come close to doing that.
05/07/2017 04:38 AMPosted by Avangaline
05/02/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Mvura

The game has millions of players and the most dramatic !@#$ fits only generate a few hundred upvotes. Do the math.

Surveys are always carried out on a small sample base and scaled up, yet still prove to be an pretty accurate reflection of the wider audience.

All through the WoD flying debate there were the Blizzard shills saying that the pro-flyers were just forum goers and their number was small compared to the millions of players the game had. Yet when the crunch came, enough quit over the issue to make Blizzard change it's mind. You do the maths. A few hundred upvotes wouldn't have come close to doing that.

If the sample is carefully selected to be representative, yes. If the sample has inherent biases then no.

GD will sometimes reflect the opinions of the player base, as happened with the idea of completely removing flight. But that is more by coincidence than because GD is a representative sample.

/punt rofl

/force choke rofl

/pity
it will be ok hon I know Gnomes can't help it /hug
05/07/2017 05:02 AMPosted by Elunester
/force choke rofl

/pity
it will be ok hon I know Gnomes can't help it /hug

Immature trolls like you are why WoW's known for having a toxic playerbase
05/01/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Rythok
05/01/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Nobunanga
WoW used to be the main reason of Blizzard's success but now it has become exactly the opposite, while Overwatch, Hearthstone and their other games are praised by the fans and give a good impression of Blizzard to the audience, WoW brings only negativity and bad impressions for both those who play the game and those who don't. Im pretty sure that Blizzard was the one who asked Square Enix to do that twitter fight thing in order to make WoW look a bit more positive because SE definately doesn't give a crap about that stuff.

Most people who are happy with WoW are playing the game, they don't waste time on the forums venting and moaning and complaining and carrying on like little girls who have had their dolls taken away. And yes, Blizzard organized the twitter fight thing like some preschoolers because they have nothing better to do.

I wonder what all these moaners who can't find anything positive to say about the game will do when Blizz eventually cancels the game, which will happen eventually.

They will cry because Blizzard cancelled the game.