Working Transfers and services!

Customer Support
Combing through these threads the past few days (Since I was 36+ hours on a server transfer) it is apparent there is a problem with character services. My theory is blizzard knows this but they are staying mum till this "extended downtime" is over and it is corrected. Viewing the forums this morning I saw that people were meeting with success cancelling and doing it strictly in game.

I can CONFIRM this works. I was able to cancel my pending server xfer of almost 36 hours and perform the same xfer from the client as well as a race change in a total of 35 minutes.

Thank you to all the folks that braved testing this to confirm it works. Blizzard has either been grossly incompetent investigating this or willfully deceitful. Thanks Blizzard.
I'm in the same boat my xfer is over 36 hrs in queued state. How exactly do you cancel it, I don't have an option to cancel in Bnet account screen?

Thanks
There was a blue post stating they were aware of a service slowdown with paid services. The services were still going through, just slower after the services issues on Sunday. The downtime likely is to address any issues found after that, but hopefully wil address this too.

04/17/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in and say that we are aware of the delays with character services and we are looking into them. Thus far it appears only to be a bit of a slow down, and they are going through otherwise.
04/18/2017 05:13 AMPosted by Ñeah
I'm in the same boat my xfer is over 36 hrs in queued state. How exactly do you cancel it, I don't have an option to cancel in Bnet account screen?

Thanks

Cancel from your account management screen online. You can go into the pending transaction and cancel it.
04/18/2017 05:15 AMPosted by Kozzae
There was a blue post stating they were aware of a service slowdown with paid services. The services were still going through, just slower after the services issues on Sunday. The downtime likely is to address any issues found after that, but hopefully wil address this too.

04/17/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in and say that we are aware of the delays with character services and we are looking into them. Thus far it appears only to be a bit of a slow down, and they are going through otherwise.

There is a difference between degraded speeds and something being totally broke. If this is a true queue then cancelling a pending order and reordering would have no affect but to only further delay the action as I would be placing myself at the back of the line. The fact that you can cancel your pending multiday action and restart it via the client with almost instant results means something's broke. Blizzard has been responding like this to mitigate ticket volume and credit requests.
My problem is I can't cancel from my account management page :( Mine is showing "Queued" not "Pending"
Well, this is hopeful. I initiated a character transfer (via the web) yesterday and it remained in a queued state. Reading this OP I went in and cancelled the pending transfer and initiated a transfer from the game client (from the login screen when not logged in on a character). I now have a very official gear icon next to the transferred character. On mouseover it has an estimated 8 minutes left to process. I'll update this post with success or failure of the transfer.
04/18/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Ñeah
My problem is I can't cancel from my account management page :( Mine is showing "Queued" not "Pending"

Mine should queued on the order history page but I was able to cancel the "pending" transfer from the order itself. The cancellation was effective immediately.
04/18/2017 05:57 AMPosted by Kerali
04/18/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Ñeah

Mine should queued on the order history page but I was able to cancel the "pending" transfer from the order itself. The cancellation was effective immediately.

My order page is showing no option to cancel :(
Same, the status says pending with no cancel option and I'm sitting at 30hrs. Uncool as atm there are those that can cancel and redo and their transfers worked instantly. Would be nice if a blue can leave a reply here.
04/18/2017 05:55 AMPosted by Kerali
Well, this is hopeful. I initiated a character transfer (via the web) yesterday and it remained in a queued state. Reading this OP I went in and cancelled the pending transfer and initiated a transfer from the game client (from the login screen when not logged in on a character). I now have a very official gear icon next to the transferred character. On mouseover it has an estimated 8 minutes left to process. I'll update this post with success or failure of the transfer.

Update: Confirmed success of this procedure. My transfer went through from the game client in under a half hour. BTW, this would seem to indicate a a queuing mechanism from the web interface that differs from the game clients, i.e., a different potential point of failure.
Thanks for stopping with positive bit of information and then turning it into what you really meant it for, a jab at something to which you don't have nearly enough information to to make jabs.
04/18/2017 05:27 AMPosted by Rallic
Blizzard has been responding like this to mitigate ticket volume and credit requests.
Since you are standing right there at blizzard HQ and know what is really going on, can also tell me exactly what the issues was? And I mean exactly? So that we can even lend a shred of credence to anything about you?

You're no different than the nutcase in general discussion that explicitly knows why all the game servers had to be shut down on sun. No matter what any logic, rational counters them... nope! They know exactly what is was and just how incompetent blizzard is for ever allowing such a travesty to come to pass.
04/18/2017 06:33 AMPosted by Kuthoril
Thanks for stopping with positive bit of information and then turning it into what you really meant it for, a jab at something to which you don't have nearly enough information to to make jabs.
Blizzard has been responding like this to mitigate ticket volume and credit requests.
Since you are standing right there at blizzard HQ and know what is really going on, can also tell me exactly what the issues was? And I mean exactly? So that we can even lend a shred of credence to anything about you?

You're no different than the nutcase in general discussion that explicitly knows why all the game servers had to be shut down on sun. No matter what any logic, rational counters them... nope! They know exactly what is was and just how incompetent blizzard is for ever allowing such a travesty to come to pass.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I was merely seeking a resolution to a problem that clearly exists (Even though Blizz won't acknowledge its more then a slow down). To everyone meeting with success on their transfers I'm happy for you. Its good to see the community find a way.
I'm speaking with a GM via Live chat now to see if they can cancel the xfer...fingers crossed!!!
There is a difference between degraded speeds and something being totally broke. If this is a true queue then cancelling a pending order and reordering would have no affect but to only further delay the action as I would be placing myself at the back of the line. The fact that you can cancel your pending multiday action and restart it via the client with almost instant results means something's broke. Blizzard has been responding like this to mitigate ticket volume and credit requests.

This doesn't prove what you think it does. If it were "broke" as you claim, it wouldn't be working at all.

Blizzard responding like this is nothing to do with mitigating ticket volume and credit requests. They are responding like this to let player know that they know there's a problem and someone is working on it. You don't need any more information than that. You don't need to know any of the minutiae of what happened and what is being done.

Edit:
04/18/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Rallic
(Even though Blizz won't acknowledge its more then a slow down)

You can't prove that it's not. You don't have access to Blizzard's servers. You have absolutely no idea what the issue is.
We don't need to know anything about why our hard earned money and days off from work are being burned because of this? You're right, the paying customer has zero right to be told what's going on. Who knows, if more info was given, out of the 5 million subs, someone might have an idea and pass it on to blizzard for a fix.

We pay to play, we pay for the convenience to play on any server any faction. These aren't cheap, and when people are at 90 hours in "qued" and they are told "it will happen at some point", not being told "hey it's a bigger issue than we thought, may need to cancel so you can raid or take advantage of the 14.99 you pay monthly". They let everyone just burn that money.
Looks like my character is stuck in limbo. The GM couldn't cancel the xfer nor could he roll it back...he said its on the new realm but payment hadn't been completed yet. So I'm stuck waiting :(
43 hrs queued and counting...
04/18/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Noxdotz
We don't need to know anything about why our hard earned money and days off from work are being burned because of this? You're right, the paying customer has zero right to be told what's going on. Who knows, if more info was given, out of the 5 million subs, someone might have an idea and pass it on to blizzard for a fix.

We pay to play, we pay for the convenience to play on any server any faction. These aren't cheap, and when people are at 90 hours in "qued" and they are told "it will happen at some point", not being told "hey it's a bigger issue than we thought, may need to cancel so you can raid or take advantage of the 14.99 you pay monthly". They let everyone just burn that money.

What more information about the issue do you feel you are entitled to? The internal workings of most businesses are proprietary. They are just not going to publicize it on a public forum.

If you've been waiting 90 hours, have you made a ticket about cancelling it yourself? You could do it as call-back or chat support. You don't need additional information from Blizzard to use that option. You could have done it the first day instead of waiting. Blizzard left the decision up to individual players.
I'm sorry if I offended you. I was merely seeking a resolution to a problem that clearly exists (Even though Blizz won't acknowledge its more then a slow down). To everyone meeting with success on their transfers I'm happy for you. Its good to see the community find a way.
You mean "I was merely seeking a resolution to a problem that clearly exists.... plus some" with...
04/18/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Rallic
Blizzard has either been grossly incompetent investigating this or willfully deceitful. Thanks Blizzard.
You dirty little liar.
Even though Blizz won't acknowledge its more then a slow down
And so again:
04/18/2017 06:33 AMPosted by Kuthoril
04/18/2017 07:32 AMPosted by Ñeah
Looks like my character is stuck in limbo. The GM couldn't cancel the xfer nor could he roll it back...he said its on the new realm but payment hadn't been completed yet. So I'm stuck waiting :(
43 hrs queued and counting...

In the same boat. Even the GM is unable to cancel or rollback. Even at 91.5 hours in.