Draenor flying. Fix it.

General Discussion
05/04/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Sipiri
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Edit:
In fact here this is what you need. Rep and treasures.
http://www.wowhead.com/flying#us-duskwood-sipiri

I'm one daily quest from one rep, but the rep for "Order of the Awakened" is only increased by a daily quest. The only way to complete this quest is from 1) harvesting one-time treasures (I have cleared out all the treasures from tanaan) or 2) killing rares.

Please know what you are talking about before telling me I am wrong.

You're wrong. Yes you have to do the quest, but no you don't have to kill rares. There are crystal deposits that you can find to get the shards you need. They spawn all over the place, but one notable spot where they spawned in abundance is the Ruins of Kra'nak. Would you like to me to jump in game and show you?
05/04/2017 08:25 PMPosted by Deathchix
medallions of the legion also give rep.

Didn't know this. You have literally saved me hours of my life (depending on drop rates).

Thanks.
It should never have been as involved as it was, but now that tons of players have gone through it, it shouldn't be changed. They already trivialize plenty of other content every time a patch/expac rolls around, no need to start looking for more ways to make us regret time spent on previous endeavors.
Nothing is broken. It doesn't need to be "fixed".
05/04/2017 08:15 PMPosted by Sipiri
No, because the rare spawns are so low. I have spent HOURS there. The quests are done. The map is explored. Every hidden item is retrieved. I have spent more than enough time to "Experience the map"- the requirement for wandering around the jungle in the same areas for hours on end is just sadistic.

You realize that rares aren't the only way to get rep, right? Just doing the dailies (which will get you all the rep you need in about 5 weeks-ish). You can buy Medallions for 1k to all reps a pop. And you're nearly done. You have less than 2% to go on Hand of the Profit and right around 30% on Order of the Awakened.

If you're just looking for rares, you're doing it wrong.
05/04/2017 07:57 PMPosted by Sipiri
Draenor flying. Make it purchasable, or make the rep grind easier, or retroactively add it when you unlock legion flying, or something.

I've been walking around the jungle for days now trying to find rare spawns so that I can get rep up. Tying everything to rare spawns is and always has been ridiculous, and the fact that I have to GRIND old content for something so freaking basic is nuts. Add to that: Since everyone else is flying nowadays, the things die before I have a chance to get them.

Also: The ring is useless. It has never helped me find a rare spawn.

No. Get over it. Get it done. It'll take a day.
05/04/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Mordant
It should never have been as involved as it was, but now that tons of players have gone through it, it shouldn't be changed. They already trivialize plenty of other content every time a patch/expac rolls around, no need to start looking for more ways to make us regret time spent on previous endeavors.

The value of flight should be taken into account for the content. When the content was current, flight had a higher value as the relative advantage of having flight was greater. When new expansions are released the value of flight goes down for older content partially due to lower value on gathering commodities, and also due to the lower relative value because of higher supply from reduced competition. The best approach would be to increase the reputation granted per quest to reflect flight's current estimated value for the current content in that region. Lowering the price a bit in other words, similar to lowering flights gold cost in other previous expansions.

It's elementary economics my dear watson.
05/04/2017 08:13 PMPosted by Thallia
... why the heck did I get downvoted for coming up with a plausible solution to the problem? O.o

it doesn't matter since blizzard has decided letting the players choose how to get flying whether buying it at max etc is bad haven't you learned yet flight is bad Blizzard says so and anyone that wants the right to choose is automatically wrong according to the Blizzard cheerleading squad
05/04/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Sipiri
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Edit:
In fact here this is what you need. Rep and treasures.
http://www.wowhead.com/flying#us-duskwood-sipiri

I'm one daily quest from one rep, but the rep for "Order of the Awakened" is only increased by a daily quest. The only way to complete this quest is from 1) harvesting one-time treasures (I have cleared out all the treasures from tanaan) or 2) killing rares.

Please know what you are talking about before telling me I am wrong.

But you do not.. technically there are there little fel-nub crystal things that you can click on and get a Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragment. There are enough of these around that you do not need to kill rares.

They were also a good place to get blue gear tokens too.. go figure.
Rare spawns are not the only way to get the quests done and the rep. I did Draenor flying during WoD on 4 accounts and actually found very few rares. the cats in the circle that you can kill once a day were my secret weapon to get the crystal thingys for that quest.
You can buy tokens for rep...on the AH.

I still get about 3-4 a week from my garrisons and I put them on the AH for players like the OP who are back and want to fly the quicker way is buying these rep tokens...
people still care about draenor?
People still go back to Draenor?
not even draenei go back to draenor