Question about Paragon Exalted Chests

General Discussion
Is there any bad luck protection for the mounts that can be in these chests? I have already opened up about 15 chests and still not a single mount (been dying to get a storm dragon mount). I mean I know its RNG but for having to grind out 10k rep every time to get really poor rewards just feels very painful, even more so that we can't just buy them for being exalted like its been for every expansion...

Just would like to know if there is any bad luck protection cause I really don't want to farm all expansion and have such bad RNG that I still have to farm after Legion is over :(
I can't recall any specific information from Blizzard on this.

They have talked about bad luck protection for legendary items and for at least some of the "hidden" artifact skin drops, but not for these that I can recall.

My guess would be that they are probably regular RNG drops, but not at the very small percentage chance of some rare mount drops in raids, for example.

But that is just a guess.
Probably the most annoying part of the expansion. 650g at the end of a 10k grind, possibility of it going into the hundreds, so bloody frustrating.

The worst part is you know it's intentional. They know you want those mounts, they also want you to keep grinding rep over and over and over, very psychologically manipulative.

It makes getting Exalted almost feel pointless.
I've opened 16 paragon chests so far and haven't received a damn thing.

Honestly I'd be happy if they just made it so the chests have a 100% chance to drop a curious coin or 2.

At least then I'd feel like I'm working towards something.
In about 20 bags I've had 2 mounts and 1 pet, I wouldn't be surprised to see the droprate end up being around 10%, going by personal experience. These 10% obviously include the 90% that lead to frustration.
None so far either.

But thank god instead of giving something like AP it gives you guaranteed Order Resources because we definitely need more of those right?
05/07/2017 07:58 PMPosted by Plyx
None so far either.

But thank god instead of giving something like AP it gives you guaranteed Order Resources because we definitely need more of those right?

I can't spend order resources fast enough on my main. I predict I'll be at 150k before the month is over and that's spending 7k a week on coins.

I like the curious coin idea as 100% with my 650g and 750 resources.
How many years has it been since ICC released?

When will I get my invincible?
Its a mount that is supposed to be rare. If everyone has it, it'll lose its value. No one is impressed with my horse right? Scarcity adds value to something. Fortunately its a cosmetic, and not gear.
05/07/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Handcake
I like the curious coin idea as 100% with my 650g and 750 resources.

They should also double the AP token and put in a decent chance for 865+ gear. I'd also advocate for a chance at multiple Curious Coins from the cache.
05/07/2017 08:39 PMPosted by Lokubi
Its a mount that is supposed to be rare. If everyone has it, it'll lose its value. No one is impressed with my horse right? Scarcity adds value to something. Fortunately its a cosmetic, and not gear.

But why is it meant to be rare? Why can't they be like every reputation mount we have had since vanilla? Nothing wrong at all with having the odd low rng grinding mount, but this is just ridiculous.
It's not so rare as people making it up for it. I got 2 already and i only do WQs for daily caches. Chances are those people complaining here doesn't even do their daily emissaries. I'm pretty sure i'll have all 5 of it before 7.3 and so will you as long as you do daily caches.
05/07/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Èsui
It's not so rare as people making it up for it. I got 2 already and i only do WQs for daily caches. Chances are those people complaining here doesn't even do their daily emissaries. I'm pretty sure i'll have all 5 of it before 7.3 and so will you as long as you do daily caches.

You have good luck. Many others don't. These mounts should not be exclusive. We already put the time in to get exalted with those factions.
05/07/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Èsui

Just because some person wins the lottery every week does NOT mean that every person will win the lottery some week.
I just want my unicorn mount :(

Even if it's green and not rainbow with sparkles and wings.................................. :P
05/07/2017 08:45 PMPosted by Borlerish
But why is it meant to be rare? Why can't they be like every reputation mount we have had since vanilla? Nothing wrong at all with having the odd low rng grinding mount, but this is just ridiculous.

Because most of those old reps weren't so easy to attain as the legion ones, in Legion you will get exalted merely by continuing playing the game. You have way more incentives in Legion to keep working for the faction, back then it was only the mount. These mounts are supposed to be little extras, not the faction reward itself.
05/07/2017 07:11 PMPosted by Arakain
Is there any bad luck protection for the mounts that can be in these chests?

Why would there be?
Why exactly should there be?

What rule are we using here to determine what does and does not receive bad luck protection?

05/07/2017 07:11 PMPosted by Arakain
even more so that we can't just buy them for being exalted like its been for every expansion...

You can still buy mounts for gold from a vendor after reaching exalted if that is what excites you.
Talons Vengeance.

Also some other factions with mounts you get awarded for reaching exalted are Armies of Legionfall and Nightfallen.

Mounts from reaching exalted are still around today. Just not these specific mounts.
Not all new mounts have to come from vendors for gold after reaching exalted.
Diverse ways for obtaining different rewards is a good thing.
05/07/2017 10:03 PMPosted by Whitecrow
Also some other factions with mounts you get awarded for reaching exalted are Armies of Legionfall and Nightfallen.

The nightfallen doesn't award any mount.
05/07/2017 10:08 PMPosted by Averyx
05/07/2017 10:03 PMPosted by Whitecrow

The nightfallen doesn't award any mount.

...And Legionfall no longer requires Exalted.