Demon Hunter Flight

General Discussion
Roll a druid.
04/19/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Mailborn
but the whole point of FANTASY is for me to believe that I am actually using a BANG BANG gun and not a pew pew gun.

Your fantasy, but there is no longer a reason to think all guns make a loud bang anyway. Bm's artifact could possibly sound like anything from a rasp to an airsoft gun.
Uh huh. lets look at undead dragons flying without working wings then.

Seems they fly by sheer magic force.

04/19/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Jaedenfall
We're no longer normal elves.

You still have elves bodies, you just got wings spawning, that doesn't make you a flying creature.
04/19/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Azevara
Think about this within the confines of the game though: how would you start flying?

Give them a button like our shapeshifting.

Would toggle fly/no fly. If in an area with no flight/mount, it would do nothing. When fly is on, it acts like a flying mount, when off you get the double jump/glide behavior.
04/19/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Kyx
Think about this within the confines of the game though: how would you start flying?

Would toggle fly/no fly. If in an area with no flight/mount, it would do nothing. When fly is on, it acts like a flying mount, when off you get the double jump/glide behavior.

Flight if you "jump" again after the double jump.
04/19/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Averyx
Seems they fly by sheer magic force.

Then all arguments against it are no longer valid. There's no reason we cant do the same. You can disagree against it, but it all boils down to magic allowing us then.

04/19/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Averyx
that doesn't make you a flying creature.

There's no reason it doesnt make us not a flying creature as well.
04/19/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Chilayllenn
Prob because the blues didn't want to give us something no other class can do without a mount.

druids say hi
04/19/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Kyx

Except the game doesn't function that way currently. When you are shapeshifted, you are explicitly in a different form that doesn't need to change it's behavior from "mounted" status while on the ground.

The requirement for Demon Hunter wings would be very different: it would need to let you fly while in the air (mount mechanics), but walk normally on the ground (character mechanics).

The alternative is to be in a "mount" mode while on the ground if you land from flying. But this brings up the same point I made originally: what the heck does that look like? A demon hunter constantly flapping their wings while sitting an inch off the ground? Do they get to fly/glide around at mount speeds while grounded in this form?
04/19/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Azevara
A demon hunter constantly flapping their wings while sitting an inch off the ground?

Yes, likely. It doesnt look so bad in meta form when we are levitating. In fact that could be our "mount", we go meta and fly instead of ourselves.
04/19/2017 12:53 PMPosted by Averyx
Yeah real sense doesnt work here. We have dragons and demons(i'm meaning doomguards) flying around.

They all were born that way, which means they are naturally flying creatures whose bodies are fit to fly one way or another. Elves aren't.

Illidan can fly, plus we have magic in this game, so it doesn't really matter that night elves weren't born to fly.
Because reasons.

That's why.
We have demon forms correct?
Make it so that it acts like running wild except we turn into a demon form with wings, possibly make it different for vengeance and havoc as both those forms have different appearances. Maybe with some kind of animation like the Worgen animation of turning from human to Worgen with some swirly fel animation. Standing could just be standing with the wings at rest and then when you use the space bar you jump up and start flying using your wings.

Granted I see some problems with this, such as the vengeance form not really supporting wings as it is to wide framed/muscular. Maybe just use the havoc form for both as that already has wings attached?

However on the other hand this whole idea would allow demon hunters to be in demon form much longer than the meta ability and that would be fun, can't have that.
04/19/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Jedonai
Such a power being given a class is extremely unbalanced. In fact the glide is fairly unbalanced on its own.

I can slowfall on command. Granted, I can't control the direction once I've made the leap. I still don't think it's overpowered. It's actually really cool and I'm jelly.
Oh my goodness...Being able to fly as a DH sounds too cool! I'd totally be ok with the flight restriction in certain areas too if it meant I could be my own flight mount. *_*
i dont see why that wasn't a think either, the monkey bat thing they gave us as a class mount is silly

oh well.
Listen to all the babies crying that the DH has too much already. Go to your own classes' threads and make your own suggestions. Mages have absolutely no room to talk... *cough cough portals cough cough teleport*

There is absolutely no viable reason why we can't use our massive wings to fly, especially since druids have a flight form. It should have been the class flying mount, rather than that stupid bat. No one said it had to be insta-cast... What do you all care what we look like while we're flying around? Children....
bump
easy enough, use demon form for flight, we already have animations for it while on the ground as well. Make it have a cast time like any mount. When you use it on the ground you just run around in a sort of perma-metamorphis look. I'd kill to be able to stay in demon form. I don't even care that you wouldn't be able to see your armor.
They sell flying mounts for real money and wont even let you fly... they promote a flying boat that wont fly (or float) in current content. Makes sense they cant fly. Goes with every other retard idea they have come out with since Ion became director.