Future Possible Hero Classes

General Discussion
From the current list of 'hero' classes from Warcraft III, we have Death-knight and now DemonHunter. Some of the other hero archetypes were made into normal classes, such as Paladin and Monk (Pandaren Brewmaster).

Other classes are very similar to some of the Hero Archetypes, and it would seem pretty near impossible for a hero class to come out with such close similarities. Below are those classes

- Blademaster, Which is represented very strongly in current Warriors

- Shaman, Which is very close to Far Seer

- Hunter, which is very close to Ranger (Dark Ranger in the Scourge's case)

- Priestess of the Moon, which is currently represented by Priest class, Hunter class and Druid class amongst Night Elves. May still be possible but seems unlikely

- Blood Mage, which is just a fancy term for Blood Elf Mage

- ArchMage, which is very much represented in current Mage

- Keeper of the Grove, represented strongly through Druids.

With those aside, we then have the unrealistic concepts that just seem near impossible to make into a class:

- Tauren Chieftain

- Mountain King

- Pit Lord

- Naga Sea Witch

- Firelord

- Dread Lord

- Crypt Lord

What does this leave us? The current possibilities are:

Beastmaster, Shadowhunter, Warden, Lich(Debatable), Goblin Alchemist, Goblin Tinker,

In my Opinion, I think the Shadowhunter has a big chance to be next. Shadowhunters and mystical dark spirits have been in WoW for quite some time, with several quests related to them. With the death of Vol'jin, it seems like something that could build up in time. A Hero class focused on Troll, but could likely be amongst other races as well. It would focus on the idea of "Voodoo" magic (as per the abilities in Warcraft III), and as was seen in the game, can be both benevolent as well as malicious force (healer or damager).

Beastmaster would also be quite fun, but Hunters seem to also do this quite well. Tinker could easily be Goblin and Gnome. Thoughts?
They should just add the tinker.

Have different cosmetics for them the player can choose from. Gnome/dwarf or draenei for Alliance and goblin or blood elf for Horde.

Basically a choice between magitech and tech tech.

I don't really see how shadow hunter could be added since it's troll exclusive and they aren't going to be training alliance to do it.
I do believe they are going to do a time warden next. I mean they already introduced the race that perfected it (nigtfallen or nightborne). So I'm guess next expansion is a new race and "maybe" time warden after that. Honestly I think we should be done with new hero classes and well classes in general. Maybe add more specs? A healing time mage? A field medic rogue? A support fel empowered warlock?

I mean we have many classes that exist that could use a forth spec for something besides dps.
What about Dark Knight/Void Knight? Blizzard has a lot of lore about the Void/Old Gods lately, I mean there tied to everything. If you're a Spriest you'll hear a lot of interesting things about the Void/Old Gods, that other classes don't get to hear. I would really like to see more interesting whisper things like that in the future..I mean we have Paladins (priest who've become battle priest on the front line, using the light), why not Dark knight/Void Knight (priest who've become battle priest on the front line, using Darkness/Void energy). Nobody can say it's not realistic to see this happen. ((Void Expansion)) Since someone is going to say it, no not DK. DK is necromancy, that's why everything is dead and you cold and you revive dead things...but your still love-able.
Warden(Are they Mail or Leather? I dunno.), Tinker(Mail), Necromancer(Cloth).

Those are really the only three I can think of being viable and solidified in some chunk of lore without taking too much away from current classes.

Especially Tinker & Necromancer, that'll sort out most of the armour class imbalances. Also giving us a Hero Class of each armour type.

Please for the love of god not another leather class.
I think the most likely candidate is a mail-wearing, gun-toting, hammer-wielding tinker-alchemist for goblins and gnomes (and dwarves and orcs, if they want it to be less niche than demon hunters). The class could have some added customization options for the backpack as part of character creation.

I think there's enough material there for a class if you roll the two together, because you could have an alchemy-based healing spec that uses the tinker backpack's arms to throw tonics and hose your friends (and enemies) down with experimental sprays.

I only pitch a healing spec because demon hunters already added another tank. Seeing as tinkers turned into literal tanks in Warcraft 3, though, it seems pretty likely they'd also do that in this game if they were made into a playable class.

Damage dealing could just focus on shooting things, I guess. Maybe you could throw down a turret or two, that could be fun to deal with if they could differentiate it enough from shaman totems.
I actually think a necromancer class would be cool. Like a caster version of death knights; along the lines of how demon hunters and warlocks are similar, yet have very different styles. And necromancers already have a large foundation in lore too.

The way I picture it, necromancers would focus more on using shadow magic and working with souls themselves instead of ghouls, plagues, ice and what not like death knights do. The specs could be like:

-A solo damage spec. Your spells are designed to hack away directly at your opponent's soul instead of their physical body and rip it apart.
-A pet focused dps spec. Instead of ghouls you'd summon a variety of ghosts and spirits to assault your enemies, while you support behind.
-A healing spec. You'd use your magic to heal and rejuvenate the spirits and by extension bodies of your allies.

A rough idea. I don't know if it'd be considered too similar to warlocks and death knights, but I think it could be very interesting. And without a doubt we do need a new ranged class, have never gotten one before.
Blood Mage afaik used fire and fel magic both. Something current Belf mages cant do
I'd love to see an actual proper turret class (think Magus from Warhammer Online), but I'm not creative enough to offer ideas for how to make it work in WoW.

I'd also love to see a Blood Mage class that relies on HP to cast and has a healer spec that works along the same concept as Disc.

I doubt we'll see either, though.
04/20/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Evalyn
I actually think a necromancer class would be cool. Like a caster version of death knights; along the lines of how demon hunters and warlocks are similar, yet have very different styles. And necromancers already have a large foundation in lore too.

The way I picture it, necromancers would focus more on using shadow magic and working with souls themselves instead of ghouls, plagues, ice and what not like death knights do. The specs could be like:

-A solo damage spec. Your spells are designed to hack away directly at your opponent's soul instead of their physical body and rip it apart.
-A pet focused dps spec. Instead of ghouls you'd summon a variety of ghosts and spirits to assault your enemies, while you support behind.
-A healing spec. You'd use your magic to heal and rejuvenate the spirits and by extension bodies of your allies.

A rough idea. I don't know if it'd be considered too similar to warlocks and death knights, but I think it could be very interesting. And without a doubt we do need a new ranged class, have never gotten one before.

I am actually legitimately surprised we haven't got a Necromancer yet considering how soaked in lore they are. It's practically just sitting there, waiting to be implemented. The only issue I can see is that they might be too similar to Death Knights, they'll just have to make them different enough. Similar, yes, obviously-- they are the caster equivalent after all. But they managed to do it with Paladins & Priests, Warlocks & Demon Hunters.

With a little creativity, it shouldn't be that hard to pull off, surely.

Tinkers are also a very possible class I can see added, as mentioned above.
Murloc tide hunter.
Tinkerer
Warden
Spell Breaker
Necromancer
Gun Slinger
Earthwarder
My bet is shadowhunter paired with a southseas zandalar/nazjatar xpack
I personally see them putting in a Warden class, and maybe Shadowhunter too
Warden, would probably be it

We also managed to get pistols for comba.....ahem outlaw rogues, we could have a spell/gun slinger
I, too, would like some kind of tinker-techie-engineer class. Goblins and Gnomes would be the natural choice, of course, but I'd like to toss the hats of the Forsaken and Draenei into the ring.

Forsaken are very scientific (granted it's MAD science, but still) and have surprisingly advanced technology powering their sinister labs. We'd be a perfect fit for a gothic-Frankenstein look.

Draenei, on the other end of the spectrum, are all about their crystals. We don't see it much anymore, but in their starter quests they have hologram projectors and other Star Trek worthy gadgets thanks to the Naaru and the Exodar. It would give a distinct, unique look to their approach to a tinker class.

Needless to say, Goblin and Gnome tech both have very clear appearances already. The class could (and should) work the same way for all characters, but giving it a separate racial LOOK (similar to druids) would be welcome.
Witch doctor, with jars of spiders and flaming bats. I guess there would have to be a new race though since only trolls really make sense as witch doctor rn.
Tinker is the most likely.

There is nothing in WOW, except a really jank profession that hasn't been relevant in years except for some mundane bonuses, like it.

Imagine this, a mail wearing class that uses guns, they have a spec based around expirimental devices, which is a DPS spec, they have one thats a tank spec, which revolves around mechs like Mekatorque.

I'd make a third spec where they're essentially goblin techies, but that would be too fun, and too passive in PVE and PVP, and wouldn't work with the modern wow RNG proc based class design, without being super gimp and useless.

Sadly almost every single WC3 hero has a representation in WOW in terms of abilities and theme, and WOW's endgame isn't conclusive to diversity in character design.
People who ask for necromancers piss me off. All it's gonna do is pretty much make it to the point they should delete unholy from dk. Seriously DKs are walking talking necromancers in solid plate. What more do you need? Oh for little letters to say "Necromancer" next to [insert race] so you can somehow feel like a necromancer...

Play a Dk you feel like a god damn necromancer.
04/20/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Darthaes
With those aside, we then have the unrealistic concepts that just seem near impossible to make into a class:

- Tauren Chieftain

- Mountain King

- Pit Lord

- Naga Sea Witch

- Firelord

- Dread Lord

- Crypt Lord

Nearly all of which are races, with the exceptions of Firelord and Chieftain being titles.

The problem is the game doesn't have a lot of room for new classes. Tinker maybe, but past that, idk what else you could do. Tinker also won't be a Hero Class if it actually joins the game. It'll be like Monk.