Got flying, nothing changed

General Discussion
Opened flying yesterday, flew for a minute and logged out...other than doin WQ faster nothing really changed. Not gonna lie i miss MOP for the scenery, legion is just a hilly dark area and no real appeal like timeless isle was with mounts, games and uplifting setting. Idk what do you think
I think the reason people initially thought Legion was so good was because WoD was so bad.
Sounds like a you problem. Flying made me love my alts again.
How, you still have to grind out ap..which ive done on 3 characters now
I've also been playing more since I unlocked flying, and sorry to hear it didn't make a difference for you, OP. I do agree with you somewhat about the scenery; Pandaria was beautiful, and I sometimes go back just to see it and hear the music again.
05/07/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Jettsroe
Opened flying yesterday, flew for a minute and logged out...other than doin WQ faster nothing really changed. Not gonna lie i miss MOP for the scenery, legion is just a hilly dark area and no real appeal like timeless isle was with mounts, games and uplifting setting. Idk what do you think

yep nothing changed cept faster travel times between wq
05/07/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Jettsroe
How, you still have to grind out ap..which ive done on 3 characters now

People that !@#$% about AP at this point don't know what they are talking about. An alt can be AK26 the moment they hit 110. You don't grind ap anymore. People that say they have to are full of ^-*!. Get your 36th trait in each weapon and that is more than good enough for the time being. Then start working towards your new gold trait on your alts main spec.

It's not a grind at the very most I prioritize AP wqs when doing caches but you don't even have to do that.

Flying made leveling my alts so much better. I actually started enjoying the game again.
Eh, if you're talking scenery, it kinda depends on where you are. Highmountain, Suramar and Azsuna are really cool scenery-wise. They have different tones to each area throughout, but they blend together decently well.

Other zones though, kinda meh.

Broken Shore is a desolate chunk of evil land, Stormheim is just cliffs and alot of yellow and gray, and Val'sharah is a big chunk of green that someone spilled some red paint on part of.

Val'sharah's probably the worst of the zones IMO. Nothing blends at all. There's no smooth transition between the green forests and the red areas from the nightmare corruption, and there's even LESS transition between the forests and Bradensbrook/Black Rook Hold. The whole zone feels more like two or three zones shoved into one.
@Op well what irks me is this pathfinder nonsense isn't OPTIONAL. I'd like the OPTIOn to plop down I duno 200g for one toon.
I also don't like that the 'good sumartan' thing is part of the requirement. Mostly because I don't like that Fliping city or plot.
If it was a OPTIONAL part of a OPTIONAL set of achievements sure.

@Mop. LOVED every single part of it. Except SOO. wich was just a dumb bad plot. IMO
Otherwise it rocked for all the reasons and more you said.
It might not have had plot. Neither does leigen. But didn't take itself seriusly. It knew it was just a goofy !@# fun set of everything.
Got flying, nothing changed

I got flying and lost my reason for logging in everyday. Now I just do broken shore world bosses and wait for my AK to get high enough to care about grinding AP.

I'll probably ubsub since I've run out of stuff I feel like doing.
05/07/2017 07:36 AMPosted by Blasius
Val'sharah's probably the worst of the zones IMO. Nothing blends at all. There's no smooth transition between the green forests and the red areas from the nightmare corruption, and there's even LESS transition between the forests and Bradensbrook/Black Rook Hold. The whole zone feels more like two or three zones shoved into one.

Getting around Valsharshar just sucks balls to. lol as much. more more so than HighMountain.
As much as I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE tauren. Their zones drive me bonkers. At least TB has elevetors everywhere.
How on earth are a wandering set of cows, and mooses so industriusl. Litterally able to build a whole city darn neer anyplace!
Dezco: sure lets build a small village so as my wife can have her kid...in the middle of a swamp! LOL that's awsome.
I love flying. It lets me get stuff done faster that I feel I need to do then get on to the stuff I WANT to do. I hate that it takes so long now to get to fly, I wish they'd get their heads out of their butts and just design the game WITH flying in mind instead of treating it like the enemy.
05/07/2017 07:40 AMPosted by Cedartusk

Getting around Valsharshar just sucks balls to. lol as much. more more so than HighMountain.
As much as I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE tauren. Their zones drive me bonkers. At least TB has elevetors everywhere.
How on earth are a wandering set of cows, and mooses so industriusl. Litterally able to build a whole city darn neer anyplace!
Dezco: sure lets build a small village so as my wife can have her kid...in the middle of a swamp! LOL that's awsome.

Eh, Highmountain did a few things right. There's a smooth transition across the entire zone between each area, for one. You don't go to any specific area in the zone and have the reaction of "Okay, how in the world did they manage this?" And to be fair, if you're exploring a mountain, chances are you're not gonna see many elevators. :P

And for Val'sharah, yeah, getting around on the ground is a nightmare. Vines and roots everywhere that you have to walk around, and the trees are just low enough that, even if you're flying, you can hardly see anything through all the foliage.
Well i guess i could level a warlock, just noticed i need WOD flying lol FML. whats the best way to level dps....i just wanna sit in pandaria and enjoy the views.
05/07/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Jettsroe

On the note of scenery:

I'm mostly disappointed with the lack of any kind of arctic zones overall in the game. We had winterfall in vanilla, but nothing to do there. Nothing in BC. Northrend despite being basically Canada only had one "snowy" area (ICC was more just, barren) and even then there wasnt much going on there (oh, actually there was wintergrasp as well, LOVED THAT ZONE.. can we have that again as a mass pvp zone rather than !@#$ing trashran). Cata, nope. MoP, I guess you can say that northern most zone was but again mostly just barren. WoD? Nope. Legion? Nada (well I guess highmountain has snow on the mountains no one goes to)

Is it to much to ask for a wintery zone that has a reason for us to go there and do things consistently? And maybe has some actual weather effects show up like blizzards that limit visibility or avalanches that can happen and obstruct a passage/road from time to time then little gnomes and goblins come out with plows and clear the way? Or maybe a permanent "chill" effect or some kind of hp drain unless you wear winter attire over your armor LIKE AN ACTUAL FREAKING CLOAK FOR ONCE AND NOT A DAMN SUPERMAN CAP LIKE EVERY "CLOAK" IN THIS GAME IS!?

We've had countless forests, swamps, barren wastelands, mountains, valleys, oceans, seas, and you name it. But we rarely get wintery zones, and when we do no one goes there because theres no reason to. I honestly think someone at blizzard really %^-*ing hates snow and cold weather
As soon as I got flying earlier this week, I literally binged on flying all day. I didn't do one flight path or flight master's whistle.

As soon as I turned in my Kirin Tor Emissary and picked up the Legionfall Rep Token and activated it, pushing me past the goal, I mounted up and took off right there.

I landed only to do WQs that I really like -- and spent the rest of the day exploring all the things I meant to explore before, that I'd been planned to take close looks at for months.

I finally logged out because it was hours later and the time I usually get on Skype with friends.

And I still didn't have time to get around to doing everything I'd planned . That came the next day.

Seriously, unlocking flying opened everything back up for me. It's liberating to be able to do current content WITH my wings open. ^_^

EDIT: Say, does anyone know how to do somersaults? I love doing aerial acrobatics like that. You can't do THAT on a ground mount. x)
flying made the game playable again. no more wasting time running everywhere. if you can't understand the benefit of not being stuck on the ground you should maybe take a break.
05/07/2017 06:37 AMPosted by Athrys
I think the reason people initially thought Legion was so good was because WoD was so bad.

Legion is good, just not great.

Frankly, I'd argue that one of the points that seriously dragged it down was the no flying thing. WQs - quick, little objectives scattered all over the continent that players pick and choose from freely - seem like they'd perfectly complement flying. But we waited so long for it to be unlockable that I really just feel burnt out on WQs, without ever really being able to enjoy them.
It didn't really change anything for me either(main character wise), but It also didn't stop my enjoyment the game. Kindof a doubled edged sword for me. It makes the grind easier, but I'm also burning through everything so fast. I can now level 100's to 110 and gear them to 875+/37+AP in less than a week now.
Flying allowed me to get this alt to where he is with just two days play time total!! 887 with two legendarys and just about caught up to my main.