BM Hunter Artifact trait get nerfed?

Hunter
On mmo champion jaws of thunder and pack leader get nerfed or im wrong? If yes then why that it affect alot in pvp too not only pve, while some other class are still op.
They're getting nerfed, I'm assuming, because of Dire Beast/Frenzy getting 2 charges baseline. I knew they were gonna nerf us for it.
Do you know how big is the nerf for both trait?
05/02/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Jonhunter
Do you know how big is the nerf for both trait?

Jaws is going from a 10% chance per rank to 8%, and Pack Leader is going from 5% damage per rank to 3%.
ah ok i see for me on ptr it said increase dmg from kill command to 18% instead of 30 % on live so it a big 12 % nerf, for jaws thunder im not sure but now i wonder how much damage kill command will do on plate armor in pvp after it go live, that what i hate about blizzard nerfs and nerfs and they dont look at how it hit in pvp.
I know I'm biased here, but I wish they'd wait and see what the effect is before nerfing anything. Many top raiders probably already had Mantle...I think this will be more of a bump for the little guys like me. Maybe just let it ride?

I have a bad feeling they're going to overnerf BM and we're going to be in the toilet at the start of the next raid
05/02/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Jonhunter
ah ok i see for me on ptr it said increase dmg from kill command to 18% instead of 30 % on live so it a big 12 % nerf, for jaws thunder im not sure but now i wonder how much damage kill command will do on plate armor in pvp after it go live, that what i hate about blizzard nerfs and nerfs and they dont look at how it hit in pvp.

It's 2% per rank lost, so if it buffs by 18% instead of 30%, that would mean you have 6 ranks of Pack Leader.
They are more likely being nerfed because we are currently FORCED to use relics with those traits. Those two traits are larger dps increases than +25ilvl on a relic, which is just insane (because BM weapon dmg doesnt matter enough).
05/02/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Padrin
05/02/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Jonhunter

It's 2% per rank lost, so if it buffs by 18% instead of 30%, that would mean you have 6 ranks of Pack Leader.
No i have 2 relic of pack of leader and 1 of jaws thunder in total my kill command it increased by 30 % its said 6/6 and for jaw thunder is 5/5 for 50 % change of kill command doing more dmg, but in ptr it said 18 % for kill command so yes its a big 12 % nerf.
05/02/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Stulh
They are more likely being nerfed because we are currently FORCED to use relics with those traits. Those two traits are larger dps increases than +25ilvl on a relic, which is just insane (because BM weapon dmg doesnt matter enough).

I don't think it's quite that high. According to icy-veins, they're worth about 9 ilvls over a bad trait. Granted, that's still fairly high.

@Jon, as I said, a 12% KC nerf means you have 6 ranks of Pack Leader. Having 2 Pack Leader relics and 4/4 in the base trait means you have 6 ranks.
05/02/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Padrin

I don't think it's quite that high. According to icy-veins, they're worth about 9 ilvls over a bad trait. Granted, that's still fairly high.

@Jon, as I said, a 12% KC nerf means you have 6 ranks of Pack Leader. Having 2 Pack Leader relics and 4/4 in the base trait means you have 6 ranks.
Ah ok i didnt understand at first but yes,but i think it a big nerfs that will affect us in pve and alot in pvp.

What other trait/relic are you going to use?

Mimiron's shell? Increased multi-shot damage?

The only one maybe worth taking is the aspect of the wild timer increase.

The reason people took those relics for those traits is because the large majority of relic traits that they put in game for BM are terrible. Mostly because a not insignificant amount of our artifact traits are terrible.
it's to compensate for all the buffs.

BM rotation will overall have less downtime now with two charges of Dire Beast; while maintaining similar dps.

They had to nerf a couple of the artifact traits to make all relics feel balanced with each other; otherwise all the Dire Beast relics would be way better than non- Disre beast relics of higher ilvl.
Even with the proposed nerfs, the other traits would need to be buffed to be considered to take over either KC relic.

Its possible the Cobra Shot mana reduction relic is only slightly behind now.
Perhaps the Aspect of the Wild trait is only slightly behind now.

Cobra Shot damage trait would need to be buffed to around a 5% increase to be competitive

Bestial Wrath trait would need to be buffed to a 3/4% increase to be competitive.

Slightly worried where we will be between the relic nerfs and the massive damage reduction to our 2/4p T20. Its very likely that at equal Item Level that T19 4P is stronger than T20 4p now.
The relic nerfs were needed to bring them in line with the other traits. So long as overall damage stays where it is now, this makes other relics feel less terrible.
05/02/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Armheim
I know I'm biased here, but I wish they'd wait and see what the effect is before nerfing anything. Many top raiders probably already had Mantle...I think this will be more of a bump for the little guys like me. Maybe just let it ride?

I have a bad feeling they're going to overnerf BM and we're going to be in the toilet at the start of the next raid

not everyone is a top raider and i'm ok with these changes.
STOP!! Just stop nerfing everything hunter!!
Both BM and MM
just stop!!!
the focus gain from the double DB charges baseline + the extra range from KC and DB should be enough to compensate Pack Leader and Jaws of Thunder nerfed. Unleash the Beast relic might be a viable option (I wonder how it sims when speced into Dire Frenzy+Bestial Fury+Killer Cobra and got tier19 4pc set bonus). Considering the slight Aspect of the Wild buff maybe even Wilderness Expert might be even close if you have Call of the Wild with Convergence of Fates.
05/02/2017 08:14 PMPosted by Ashowl
the focus gain from the double DB charges baseline + the extra range from KC and DB should be enough to compensate Pack Leader and Jaws of Thunder nerfed. Unleash the Beast relic might be a viable option (I wonder how it sims when speced into Dire Frenzy+Bestial Fury+Killer Cobra and got tier19 4pc set bonus). Considering the slight Aspect of the Wild buff maybe even Wilderness Expert might be even close if you have Call of the Wild with Convergence of Fates.
Im not talking only about pve but pvp too, 12 % nerf to our main damage is big.
This is a huge nerf for us current shoulder owners, yes people without the shoulders this would even out. 20% extra proc(50% chance on auto shot crit by default) will not make up for the dps loss of these traits. Loosing 8% kc dmg and 12% chance on Jaws myself. Hopefully they will see this dps loss is too big. Loosing 100k+ on a kc crit and 12% chance loss on 500k+ Jaws crit is huge. And Jaws gets its dmg from kc so Over a boss fight it would amount to millions of dmg lost.

With the belt and nearly 100% beastial wrath uptime I'm rarely starved for focus. This nerf and the nerf to t20 ugggg

Definitely a dps loss for current shoulder holders