How to handle Bursting affix??

General Discussion
Yeah... I got a +5 bursting cathedral of eternal night key in my chest this week... won't even touch it.... did a +2 maw to test the mechanics, and it's a nightmare.... basically when bursting ia an affix I won't be doing mythic + that week.... it's just such a horribly designed mechanic and makes mythic + miserable

So to answer your question, I handle bursting by not not logging in this week and play zelda on my nintendo switch instead because it's actually enjoyable
04/26/2017 11:34 PMPosted by Palentine
04/25/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Wsgnovice
If stuff like bats on brh and slimes/rats in arc/eoa burst i feel like a lot of stuff isn't even possible without guaranteed wipes w/o immunities

Bats don't burst. You would know this if you actually attempted to do the thing you are complaining about before making a post on the forums.

TRUE the bats don't ,but spider/slimes do on arcway,EoA and Every mob in Lower Kara and you can't pull 1 or 2, once you do, the whole pack comes running. guaranteed wipe unless your dps actully listen and focus the the target you set. The only real workable strat is what other people have said which is to run away once you get a certain number of stacks.
Fighter chow, pull small packs, big packs stop dps after killing 2-3 and wait then dps more, this week is really on the DPS to not AOE burst everything down.
04/29/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Beanbasher
Fighter chow, pull small packs, big packs stop dps after killing 2-3 and wait then dps more, this week is really on the DPS to not AOE burst everything down.

This guys got it. Healers should also be saving CDs for when dps derp because it happens. 5+ is not impossible. I can heal up to ~8 but it's still a pain.

04/27/2017 03:37 AMPosted by Atellus
did a +2 maw to test the mechanics,

+2 doesn't get affixes. Stop complaining about something you don't even know about.
Be an Affliction warlock.

From what I've seen they can easily handle 7x every pull, no issue. All while pulling the top single target, cleave, and area dps in the game for raids and mythic+. Several groups running 2-3 afflocks this week.

Balance.
Ah yes, the perpetual wheel of "This affix is the worst ever" continues.

04/26/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Crustysocks
04/26/2017 10:48 AMPosted by Kéres
The best way to handle it is to simply keep pulls on the smaller side, and single target each mob down.

Like that is anti-fun...why put an anti-fun affix in the game?

Mythic+ dungeons are about strategy and adjusting to each affix and pushing higher levels. If you don't find that fun you're going to have a bad time. It's not about nuking all the content down ASAP all the time like you appear to want it to be.

To be sure there will be weeks that are more entertaining/cakewalk due to not being restricted with your playstyle, but that comes with the territory of mythic+ dungeons.
04/27/2017 03:31 AMPosted by Kessiaan
Bursting isn't too bad in a dedicated group but it's definately a pug-slayer. Good luck getting 4 randoms to not stack it up to +8 or higher.

I did +9 Arcway last night and honestly it wasn't too bad for what it is. You can cheese the slimes by running out the door after they split which helps a bit. The rats gave us 15 stacks (and then we exploded. It was glorious!) but I don't see this being a problem for a non-pug since you can stop DPS when your stacks start getting high until they fall off.

Yep! Stop making sense!
We don't Like iT!

*smacks you*
I had some experience with it for the first time last night and it basically comes down to staggering mob deaths. Its a relatively short debuff they give you (5s) but if you kill another add within that time it refreshes the duration. We found that in a big pack just killing 3-4 of them, slowing down dps for a second to let it drop off then finishing the pack off worked well.
first time trying has a 900+ mw healer man it can be rough depending on the dung tbh
Did arcway 10 last night, didn't really give a !@#$ if we wipe, poped all my CD on the little adds, 5-6mill dps and we all died, still better than wait and slow dps imo. U can still make the timer and 1 chest if u completely ignore the bursting machanic and just aoe like crazy, Just kill them all before they kill u. That's the tip I can give you if ur over geared as %^-*.
If you're me in a +9 carrying for the ezmode you just hold back on your aoe and pop mitigations if there're noobs nuking.
04/26/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Chickkilledu
The bursting affix is total garbage. You can't really do any speed runs with this crud. Trying to 3 chest just about anything is damn near impossible since it slows down the kill rate off mobs tremendously.

Clearing dungeons shouldn't be a painfully slow process because of this stupid affix, but unfortunately it is.... horrible design (but this is blizzard, are we really that shocked?)

Speedrunning a keystone is already deliberate set-up for failure.

Git gud kappa.

Anyway Bursting isn't bad. Just gotta choose which trash packs have to die quickly and which ones you wanna stagger their deaths. It's not hard. As long as you have a solid healer it's not noticeable.
10/12/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Charco
Did arcway 10 last night, didn't really give a !@#$ if we wipe, poped all my CD on the little adds, 5-6mill dps and we all died, still better than wait and slow dps imo. U can still make the timer and 1 chest if u completely ignore the bursting machanic and just aoe like crazy, Just kill them all before they kill u. That's the tip I can give you if ur over geared as %^-*.
Thats really bad and lazy advice that lose a lot of time from each death and running back

Aoe trash to a low % and kill of a few to a stack your healer can handle, let the debuff run out then kill the rest.
I think the most useful comment is, "numbers don't matter." That kind of changed my perspective. As dps, numbers are almost always foremost so this is a challenge in itself. Fortunately my buds don't mind rezzing me every few minutes :D
Use weak aura, stagger kills and keep stacks low...
04/29/2017 07:17 AMPosted by Blackpower
Be an Affliction warlock.

From what I've seen they can easily handle 7x every pull, no issue. All while pulling the top single target, cleave, and area dps in the game for raids and mythic+. Several groups running 2-3 afflocks this week.

Balance.

Why you think I swapped my main to lock?
My 1st time healing this affix, PUGged a +7 Eye to test. The slimes don't burst, but crabs and seagulls do. No idea how to determine which mobs are non-bursting. It didn't seem so bad even when my group didn't respect the mechanic, and this week is Tyrannical so a +10 shouldn't be killer except on the nastiest keys.

On a harder key pulling large packs, I would stagger kills as mentioned above and save damage mitigation (stuns, dazzles, cc) usually used on the pull for after the first half of the pack is down to help survive the DoT.
04/26/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Radjehuty
Not the greatest place to ask this.

That said, it is essentially the opposite of Bolstering except the DPS has to pay a bit more attention.

Tank has to decide what group to pull and hopefully it's not a massive pack. If it is, DPS should mostly Single-target them down quickly until you reach around 5 stacks and let those stacks fall off before AOE'ing the rest down.

Some dungeons are better than others. Lower kara is tough, Halls of Valor is easy. It's mostly a combination of the tank making good choices about what to pull, and the DPS being aware of stacks and knowing when to STOP dpsing. High numbers are not the goal.

Yeah, but all classes do aoe damage in their rotation. Its !@#$ing retarded. DK's, Shamans, Demon Hunters, etc....Shadow priest, affliction warlock only two that wins here. This is a stupid affix and I sit it out every week with the exception of the shadow priest, and only then with a group of guildies that have the same.