Frost DK or fury warrior for pve?

Death Knight
Looking for an alt (strictly pve) and asking this in both forums. It'd be great if I got feedback from people that play both classes but at least this way I can get opinions from people that play one of the classes.

If you play both which do you find more fun and why?
If you only play one what do you find fun about the class?
Frost DK because everyone is rerolling Warrior. Be unique.
Honestly I raised my death knight to 110 and am really struggling to find enjoyment with drost. Keep in mind I have a rogue and Enhancement Shaman as well and really love the melee combat specs these offer. But Frost death knight feels... like it's missing something. I think part of that has to do with the fact that the only way to be competitive is to take the breath of sindragosa talent which I find has a pretty annoying play style. I hear a lot of good things about Fury Warriors right now but have never played one so I can only offer one side. I can tell you that I raised my death knight to 110 hoping it would get better and it did not. Of course this is just personal opinion
05/02/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Chaak
Looking for an alt (strictly pve) and asking this in both forums. It'd be great if I got feedback from people that play both classes but at least this way I can get opinions from people that play one of the classes.

If you play both which do you find more fun and why?
If you only play one what do you find fun about the class?

What sort of pve? Are you someone who mostly does WQs/LFR/Random dungeons, or are you planning to do raiding/M+? Both specs pull very similar numbers in high end raiding, but fury drops a bit when you look at heroic and normal logs, so it may be that you need a specific set of legendaries to make it work or it might have a higher skillcap. I imagine if you're doing more of the WQ/LFR/Random heroics type content, you may be happier with fury due to mobility.

As far as frost goes:

2. You have counters to a lot of mechanics that, if used skillfully, can be very helpful. For example, AMS can be used to self-dispel some mechanics, you can break stuns with IBF, etc.
3. Grip can be very useful in both group and solo settings
4. I don't feel as legendary dependent as I do on other classes.
5. Instant B-rez can be clutch.

Dislikes:
1. Poor mobility
2. Outside of my cooldown abilities, IBF and AMS, I feel incredibly squishy.
3. Very little on-demand CC

My likes outweigh my dislikes, but understand that poor mobility is going to be a constant frustration. I can't speak for anything else with fury, but they seem to have decent mobility compared to frost. Hope that helps.
I play both and I love both. I also have a very geared paladin (I play plate classes- they fit me). However, frost dk will always be my one true love.
After playing frost for so long- I can't help but love how mobile my warrior feels compared to my dk. I can charge, I can leap (I have legendary shoulders on my warrior so I can leap again and again and again). Seriously- its too fun leaping around everywhere like a gorilla. I do find the aoe on warrior a tad frustrating. With my dk- I pull insane cleave damage in the same spec that I can pull very high single target damage. I never change talents and so I can ready for anything. With warrior I find I have to respec in order to pull decent damage for either aoe or ST. However furry warrior damage really starts to shine in a good execute phase. With my dk I'm constantly frustrated with movement speed during fights- which never seems to be an issue for my warrior. Honestly the only way you will find what YOU like is to play both and experience both. Make a trial character and test it out. Truthfully I have a blast playing both- but they are drastically different.
I like to Breathe with my mouth. and not just IRL.
Are ya feeling lucky?
Fury Warrior's a !@#$%^- monster with CoF and a high ilevel Draught of Souls combined with be legendary helm/cloak

Our Fury Warriors' 2nd highest damage is always Fel crazed Rage aka Draught active

But without them, Frost does better without its bis legendaries

Do ya like mobility?
If yes Warrior

Do ya absolutely hate being slow af?
Stay away from DKs in general

Also, so many folks are probably gonna reroll warrior next patch so if ya wanna be a bit more unique, you pick Death Knight