Upcoming Crypt Fever change

Legion Class Development
Crypt Fever is changing to have a high chance on each healing event to deal more damage than it does currently on live. This change is to smooth out the Honor Talent's power based on the type of healer you are facing, while still keeping an emphasis that this is powerful against heal over time effects. We'll be tuning the proc rate and internal cooldown to make sure we're hitting the numbers we want against each type of healer.
05/03/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Arempy
Crypt Fever is changing to have a high chance on each healing event to deal more damage than it does currently on live. This change is to smooth out the Honor Talent's power based on the type of healer you are facing, while still keeping an emphasis that this is powerful against heal over time effects. We'll be tuning the proc rate and internal cooldown to make sure we're hitting the numbers we want against each type of healer.

Woah! Looks like UH is returning to its anti-healer role again. Resto tears inc! We just need to know how much dmg the updated crypt fever can do.

Also, can you guys take a look at the last tier of UH pvp talents? All three are completely useless atm.
Fix Necrotic Strike!
05/03/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Diecruxx
Fix Necrotic Strike!
Changes to Necrotic Strike are coming in 7.2.5 too!
05/03/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Arempy
Fix Necrotic Strike!

I

Love

You
05/03/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Arempy
Fix Necrotic Strike!

Thank you!
As it stands, Crypt Fever in it's current state is not okay. An Honor Talent, that can be applied through both the Death Knight and his Ghoul, shouldn't cause a Healer to be punished for using a HoT effect. I do agree that it is an interesting idea, but it shouldn't consist of 30-40% of a Death Knights damage in an arena. It should be something that puts out slight pressure, not something that completely kills any healer who isn't capable of hard-casting.

While I agree that adding more RNG to the spec is a bad thing, I don't see why, in this case, it's a bad thing. Crypt Fever can punish HoTs, and that's okay. If the new Crypt Fever also breaks even with hard-cast healing abilities in it's new state, that's a different story entirely. One spec of one class shouldn't be able to completely make a healer useless for having one of their main mechanics on someone. That's just absurd.

#TwoCents
05/03/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Arempy

This will make Resto druids even more powerful. Dont you feel that Resto Druids are already ten times stronger than all the other PvP healers? Rubcub didnt get kicked from his team because he didnt play amazing. he was kicked from his team because he doesnt play Resto Druid.

Can you answer that? WHy do you feel the strongest healer by far needs more help? This is the head-scratcher.
A blue post in the Arena forums?

Am I dreaming?

Edit:

Oh nvm they moved it to the development forum. So I was dreaming after all.
05/03/2017 03:41 PMPosted by Victor
Can you answer that? WHy do you feel the strongest healer by far needs more help? This is the head-scratcher.
Better question.

Why do you think that one specific always-picked passive talent belonging to one spec for one class should be the solution to a completely different class's problem?

Resto druids need nerfs.
Unholy DKs need buffs.

Crypt Fever should not be the tuning knob for either of these problems.
I'd just like to say thanks for the reply. It helps to give us insight as to why the change was made.

When you say "high" are we talking around a 50ish% proc chance or ?

Are you able to share any information on necrotic strike changes?

Also as an aside, is anything being done regarding our other spec frost in PvP? The spec was left out in the cold after the brutal nerffing it took in 7.1.5 and has since never recovered. It would be great if both specs had some ability to compete again.

Also awesome, first topic with a blue reply! I honestly wasn't expecting this
frost ... was left out in the cold
KEK
Here's to hoping the changes will make healers & tanks less annoying. I initially rolled unholy because of how much I hated playing against immortal healers in 2s; Sadly it never truly worked to counter that nonsense. Here's to hoping it will, because it really gets tiring to try playing 2v2 and ALWAYS be stuck in a 15 minute healer vs healer duel. It's not fun. Anti healing tools need a serious buff.

I honestly dont understand what was the need to bring mortal strike from 50% to 20%, to then simply bring it back in the form of dampening in Arena. Maybe cut out the middle-man and just make anti-heal abilities more powerful again to save everyone's time? Or just nerf healers.

Also lol @ all the people saying crypt fever is 'too stronk'. It pads the damage meters but it barely does 20% of what your hots actually heal for. It should negate 60-80+% of a HoT to actaually be useful, and if the changes make it do that I'd honestly be very happy.
If any of you think Crypt Fever is too strong, you have no idea about Holy Paladin talent "Pure of Heart", which is a passive, an aura to buff his team, and clear all team not just one person, without or tiny effort of course
How cool would it be to have necrotic be changed to a RP spender instead of Generator. Aside from poor scaling Necro seems lack luster because you lose even more damage than you would just popping wounds.