FoF losing increased range from pvp talent.

Class Development
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6590-Patch-7-2-5-PTR-Build-24026%20%20LIKE%20%20QUOTE

PvP Talents
Heavy-Handed Strikes Your first strike of Fists of Fury knocks targets to the ground, stunning them for 3 sec. Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range 4 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Why though?
05/03/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Pluix
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6590-Patch-7-2-5-PTR-Build-24026%20%20LIKE%20%20QUOTE

PvP Talents
Heavy-Handed Strikes Your first strike of Fists of Fury knocks targets to the ground, stunning them for 3 sec. Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range 4 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Why though?

Good. Ranged abilities are cancerous in a competitive PvP environment such as this one. It's a welcomed change. If only they would do the same for Clawing Shadows. Great direction for PvP. Love the change.
Hover over the tooltip... it still says +5yd.
I mean, technically speaking your hands arent 5 yards long so FoF shouldn't be 5+ yards..
05/03/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Dmonlrd
your hands arent 5 yards long

Uhh obviously all windwalkers are RPing as this guy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Fantastic
I mean, technically speaking your hands arent 5 yards long so FoF shouldn't be 5+ yards..

Technically you're a talking corpse, but i digress :P
05/03/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Reimmi

Boomshockalocka
The increased range is becoming baseline for PvE, so that's why.
05/03/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Reimmi

does that mean I can't die from 15 foot long monk fists
05/03/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Kungeffyou

Correct, Fists of Fury is gaining a range increase baseline, so this part of the Honor Talent has been removed.
05/03/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Arempy
Correct, Fists of Fury is gaining a range increase baseline, so this part of the Honor Talent has been removed.

Holy heck they do exist!!!

Is judgement supposed to not spread lawbringer anymore, it doesnt in ptr

It's things like this that make the WW community feel that we get left behind in every aspect. Previously a 5 yard range and then 10 yards with the pvp talent. Logic would dictate that the baseline range of FoF should then be 10 yards but instead you make it 8 yards and remove it's range increase and not give the talent a 2 yard range increase to gap the difference.

While a small difference it makes us feel that you will take any opportunity to nerf an already struggling spec in both PvE and PvP. It's quite frustrating to wait for each PTR update only to see changes that either slightly nerf or do ultimately nothing to address some of our main concerns from day 1.

So far we lucked out that celestalon cares enough about brew master to make it work but WW and MW and being left in the dust with changes that barely scratch the surface.

And responses like "your hands aren't 5 yards long" really don't help the situation. The fact is how the spell fits into the tool kit and how it's setup to be used meant that for the longest time it was extremely inconvenient to use and it's not really appreciated that people who clearly don't play the spec come in and say adjustments aren't warranted because you don't have long arms....
I think the pvp forums just witnessed a miracle.

The blue moon has passed now though. Do not expect another for the next 3.4 years. (Lore doesn't count)