Would you rather...

General Discussion
...have a new race to play with next expansion?

Or have expanded customization options for existing races?
Straight standing orcs, Zandalari muscular straight standing trolls
Yes please?
05/05/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Murderhobo

This. :)
05/05/2017 08:57 PMPosted by Teiah

I don't know of any other races that really make sense. I mean, we knew that BLood elves were out there (Not-broken Draenei they sort of made up), Goblins were a given for the Horde at some point, Gilneas was an easy addition as well. Pandaria we knew was out there, so that is pretty obvious.

People have been saying Ogres for the Horde, but I couldn't think of a "realistic" Alliance counterpart, or a theme where they would come in. Plus I think Ogres would be difficult to do because of their size.

I'd rather have deeper races than more of them. Update Silvermoon and Exodar, and give us a reason to hang out in those areas. The regions (not the zones but the actual areas of the map) around there are mostly unused. There is still a zone between Quel'thalas and Lordaeron that isn't even in game.

tl;dr - Fill out what we have instead of adding more new stuff
05/05/2017 08:57 PMPosted by Teiah

Agreed
I want Dwarf Druids.
...have a new race to play with next expansion?

Remember when the dev team was so good we could have both?

Why does "the biggest team ever!" deliver us less and less options and less and less original content as time goes on?

Can we pick option 3: Entirely new lead and dev team who will deliver both option 1 AND 2 and listen to player feedback when it's given in alpha, beta, the bug report forums, and elsewhere?

I choose option 3!
05/05/2017 08:56 PMPosted by Sieten
Straight standing orcs, Zandalari muscular straight standing trolls
Yes please?
I'm sure erect and upright orcs and trolls will be popular than the current limp and droopy versions
Probably more customization for existing races.

I'd love to have hair and the dark black around my eyes like Kargath Bladefist, and the upright posture of and musculature of Thrall.
They can't even update Worgens & Goblins you think they will bother wasting resources on more races that will only cause current ones to be less playable
expanded customization including more options for eyes hair faces etc or hell even body sliders/face sliders id LOVE that
If it were a massive customization addition as well as updated Worgen/goblin models I'd much rather have that.
05/05/2017 09:10 PMPosted by Velpha
expanded customization including more options for eyes hair faces etc or hell even body sliders/face sliders id LOVE that
sliders will never be in wow. engine can't do it.
05/05/2017 09:11 PMPosted by Deathchix
05/05/2017 09:10 PMPosted by Velpha
sliders will never be in wow. engine can't do it.

if they really wanted to im sure they could do it but i doubt they would put that much work into it
Yes please for more customisation options, I cant be a proper (or was that improper) floozy without more curves and bigger assets
05/05/2017 09:14 PMPosted by Velpha
05/05/2017 09:11 PMPosted by Deathchix
...sliders will never be in wow. engine can't do it.

if they really wanted to im sure they could do it but i doubt they would put that much work into it
no, i'm telling you this engine can't do it.
Forget new races (even though Arakkoa or Murlocs or Tuskarr would all be good): if I had my druthers, I'd ruther have flying from the git-go. Not Pathfinder, not max level, but from day one, and integrated into the leveling & questing process. Of course, I probably stand a better chance of being able to play a Murloc pally in 8.0...

P.S. Pity we don't have Murloc paladins in Legion. Who wouldn't want to see a Murloc wielding the Ashbringer?
How about both? :D

I know I'll probably be alone in this, but I was kind of hoping they'd make the Suramar elves a neutral race. They're really well done, I love the art and armor styles, and they have an amazing capital city just sitting there. I know it will never happen, but it just seems like a massive waste to let it all rot post expansion.
05/05/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Deathchix
no, i'm telling you this engine can't do it.

Curious, do you think they could do more options in the barber shop tho? I would gather this would be a better alternative if the data engine itself can't handle it?

I would just settle for this.