Why I don't like legion.

General Discussion
04/23/2017 07:29 AMPosted by Cantz
04/23/2017 07:27 AMPosted by Gaeono
Don't know if trolling or captain obvious here.

Oh just stating it because I've done it on 3 weapons so far, it isn't hard at all.

I don't play 10+ hours a day anymore. It's a GAME not a JOB.
04/23/2017 05:47 AMPosted by Gaeono
Warlords was great at the start (ignoring all the massive server issues at launch, bugs, broken promises, etc). I loved leveling my characters, at least the first few times. The questing zones were really good and I enjoyed them.

You lost any credibility you had with this statement OP.
04/23/2017 07:30 AMPosted by Gaeono
I don't play 10+ hours a day anymore. It's a GAME not a JOB.

I play about 3 hours a day, most of the time I'm doing stuff like I'm doing ingame right now though, AFK on some random rock in Azsuna.

Anyway you said 30 traits, do some world quests, in about 2 hours(probably even less) you'll have the new traits unlocked.
Someone doesn't like mecha pets?! Shame on you! No cookie for you, not even one a my famous salty shortbreads. None. No!
04/23/2017 05:47 AMPosted by Gaeono
Hear me out on this one. I've played the game since the end of burning crusade, where I was a level 20 warlock. I didn't have my first max level character till wrath of the lich king. I played alliance and I was a protection warrior, I thought that the only thing that mattered on a tank was having all the stamina you could get, I was a pretty bad tank. I didn't start to really understand the game until after the tournament raid came out and I was somewhat competent in icecrown. I also leveled a druid and paladin to max level and began raiding on them. I picked up pvp a bit but I wouldn't learn how to keybind for many many years.

Cataclysm was my first game pre-order ever. I played at launch and had fun. I raided as a discipline priest. I wasn't the best or the worst but I had fun. Pandaria was the first time I was actually really raiding for a bit, towards the end I actually set up keybinds and began to use them, which helped me out a lot. I raided on the new monk class and dabbled on the tournament arena server. I never did the dailies for panda, they were incredibly boring for me.

Warlords was great at the start (ignoring all the massive server issues at launch, bugs, broken promises, etc). I loved leveling my characters, at least the first few times. The questing zones were really good and I enjoyed them. I started to raid again and managed to get ahead of the curve for highmaul. This was the last time I raided the whole expansion. I picked up arena and focused on pvp. I had done rated battlegrounds off and on in previous expansions and some arena. But in warlords I mostly focused on it. Pugging groups and almost reached 2200 rating.

Come legion, I mained a class I had never before, a mage, a fire mage, which was fun for a bit, surumar sucked big time. I leveled multiple characters to 110 but didn't play them. One of the biggest issues I have with legion is how anti-alt it is. Any other expansion I could pick up a character and go grind out gear and be competitive. Not in legion, nope, in legion not only do you have to grind out gear, but you have to grind out a massive amount of artifact power to be competitive, even in pvp, which is ridiculous. Multiple people have said this before and I stand by it, letting artifact ranks be active in arena in incredibly unbalanced, stat templates and other things, basically have ruined pvp for me. Going into a 1500 mmr match on an alt that i've been 2000 rated on and getting killed in literally 5 seconds flat by a melee cleave is not fun, nor is it balanced. Thats pvp, though. Come patch 7.2, the supposed biggest patch in the history of the game, we got next to nothing. Ok you revamped mythic dungeons a bit, you put an incredibly laughable, boring, and super grindy catch-up mechanic on the shore. Nethershard drops are atrociously low, faction tags on mobs when we're supposed to be fighting the legion as one, alliance and horde. On top of same-faction tags happening, among several other bugs. I find myself logging on to fail missions that magically used to require 820 IL followers, being raised to 890+, with my now 880-900 followers. Doing garrison missions and waiting on super time-gated research for the mundane and boring artifact power grind for ONE specialization. Not to mention beating the dead horse that is flying, nightfallen rep takes forever, thats the only thing I have left for it, but oh well.

I have felt such a detachment from the game this expansion, this current patch. I used to be able to switch to an alt when I felt a burnout like this, but artifact power grinds on alts is just no fun. I'm probably going to get downvoted for this, but I had to put this out there. Oh and another thing, world quests are NOT fun, they're not inventive, they're not fresh, stop taking things from diablo when you run out of ideas. Also all the bugs this patch has brought doesn't help.
blah blah blah