[CS Lounge] Szechuan sauce, Morty!

Customer Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
04/22/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Thundertotem
Speaking of food...homemade chicken egg rolls.

I remember these egg rolls i had once...no cabbage in them...just all beef. they were amazing. never was a huge fan of chinese food honestly...though I've had General Tao chicken before. I usually get them from the freezer section of my grocer. Normally I just cook them up and have a side of fries with them...quite delish, though a major pain to clean up afterwards.
These threads always makes me hungry... Oh, time for lunch
04/22/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Kalviery

Food trucks today? Your selection out there for both trucks and other local places is fantastic. I live in a rural area with nothing nearby.
04/22/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Mirasol
04/22/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Kalviery

Food trucks today? Your selection out there for both trucks and other local places is fantastic. I live in a rural area with nothing nearby.

we've got a place in Burnside that houses all these food trucks under one roof. always wanted to visit there and see what it's like.

think it's old dutch that has these all dressed crinkle cut chips that're based off their french fries of the same flavor. now THAT I wouldn't mind trying at least once.
04/22/2017 07:18 AMPosted by Foolysh
I recently discovered Postmodern Jukebox. Love it. Especially (as weird as this might sound to those who know me), anything with Puddles the Clown.

Do you not look at the videos I put up!? Heck, I even warn when it's a Puddles video.

=p

*noms Kal*

Squiddo decided my birthday present was going to be sleep. Then MiL called. Squiddo still doesn't want me to cook tonight. XD
/tar Alvie
/hug

>.>
<.<
wat?
04/22/2017 04:54 AMPosted by Mirasol
pineapple slaw

Sort of. I have idea where my parents got the recipe but we have been making variations for over 40 years. I have never seen it in a cookbook. I don't measure so here goes.

-Thinly sliced cabbage (green or purple or both)
-Raisins or dried cranberries or both (handful)
-Celery seed (aprox 1/2 tsp)
-Mayo or a mayo plain greek yogurt blend
-1 small can chunk pineapple with juice

Combine pineapple juice, mayo/yogurt, and celery seed in a bowl then whisk. Adjust until it is the consistency you want for slaw dressing and you have enough to coat the slaw. The pineapple juice takes the place of the vinegar/acid component you usually use for slaw.

Pour dressing over cabbage and dried fruit then mix. Refrigerate for a while to let ingredients blend. Serve with grilled pork/pork chops or chicken. Anything that pineapple goes well with works.[/quote]

Now this sounds really good. Shall try this next time I have some good chops to grill.
Made calzones with black olives, italian sausage and homemade arrabiata sauce for dinner, yummy :)
04/22/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Olives
Made calzones with black olives, italian sausage and homemade arrabiata sauce for dinner, yummy :)

Hold the olives please!
pardon the pun!

Otherwise that sounds yummy!

<-- Ben & Jerry's Boom Chocolatta! Cookie Core ice cream
There's a pizza place near us that makes the perfect calzone....omg, I've already had dinner and I still want one now!

/shakes fist

Beautiful day today and the rest of the week looks even nicer! Might even have to cut the grass already...wasn't expecting that before May...but if I had calzone left-overs....

/high-five
04/22/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Mulberry
Do you not look at the videos I put up!? Heck, I even warn when it's a Puddles video.

It was either you or Brugh that were the reason I discovered them.
04/22/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Mirasol

Food trucks are a little overrated* but I did get some good Chinese food from a place in the area ^_^

*Is this where the unpopular opinion meme goes? I feel like the portion size for the price is a bit off. Good opportunities to try new things I haven't eaten before but not something I treat myself to too often. I did get a pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich at Blizzcon though and I will say that was #worth.
04/22/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Olives

there's something I haven't had in ages. though ever since I've started using alfredo or donair sauce for pizzas, I've been turned off from the traditional tomato sauce. :P

04/22/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Kalviery
Is this where the unpopular opinion meme goes?

forgive me fez wearing monkey...but I'm not sure what this "unpopular opinion meme" means. :|

on a side note, the book store opens earlier than I thought tomorrow. which means, I can attempt to get my book and start reading. maybe I'll get a coffeh and biscotti too. :P

04/22/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Foolysh
04/22/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Mulberry

#blameMul2017
Kittenkitten
How are my Minions? Are they ready for training?
edit

04/22/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Regnyl
#blameMul2017
I ended up going to the Science March.

Glad I had. :)
04/22/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Amaelalin
I ended up going to the Science March.

Glad I had. :)

Yay! Glad you were able to go :)
04/22/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Foolysh
Probably both of us. =p ^_~
something simple tonight, Grilled burgers and marshmallows over a pit fire.
Finally got flying, Eye of the Storm - Gravity Lapse, a lot of fun.
I almost thought these were done for, man are the support forums busy lately.