Reset WoW after Legion

General Discussion
This would probably be really ambitious, but the current leveling process is a mess. I won't go into detail, you all know. Vanilla>Cata's outdated graphics, impossible to keep up with storyline/current Warchief, outleveling zones too quickly etc.

They could just slap on scaling and call it a day, but the best solution would just be to do a psudo-reboot after the Legion's defeated. Perhaps offer the older content in a "here's the past" kinda way, but after Legion, ALL characters should start at level 1, in a post-legion world. So it's bascically "WoW 2", a new beginning for the MMO, and a cohesive leveling experience can then be created. Obviously there would be far fewer quests required to reach max level, but at least it would be one narritive.

An alternitive (also far less work) would be to offer scaling for everything, and ask newly created characters where they want to begin their leveling experience. So someone who liked Panda questing could do Pandaland's zones from the get-go etc.
Are you saying revert Wow back to vanilla?
I'm finally reaching Malfurion's power and you want to kick me back to square one??

But being honest, though, they either revamp the stats or do this. I mean, instead of items with 2900 stamina, that can be 290 with same benefits, but with different scalling.

Or soon we will have huuuge numbers, especially with the power scale keeps getting so big between expansions like WOD to Legion. And Legion is not even finished yet.
Or we can just "prestige" your entire class. Then several months later decide it's a stupid idea and everyone who did it would feel really really silly.
I can see it now, the universe stuck in a time loop because of our good friend Nozdormu, and after legion we begin again from Vanilla, but with reworked stats/talents/abilities etc. Then each year they drop the expansions in order, with slight differences in the stories to account for the player character (the hero/champion) having retained prior knowledge of the events. Then finally when Legion drops once more, we SMACK THE HELL OUT OF GUL'DAN before he can open the rift for the Legion. >:)
04/21/2017 07:17 AMPosted by Dawnglow
Then finally when Legion drops once more, we SMACK THE HELL OUT OF GUL'DAN before he can open the rift for the Legion. >:)
Even though I'm not actually in favor of a reset, I like this idea.
04/21/2017 05:51 AMPosted by Sephiram
I'm finally reaching Malfurion's power

Yet you are nothing compared to some random NPC guards in Nighthold (let alone a boss). That is why I can't get into raids anymore in this game. We are getting into legendary status and yet need 10+ people to kill some NPC. I felt a lot better when we were just some above average nobody in our faction who joined up with an army to fight bosses.
They're doing another stat squish after legion.
04/21/2017 07:24 AMPosted by Groovyman
They're doing another stat squish after legion.
no they're not.

the 32 bit limit is gone, no squish required.
Oh, and I will need you to go kill ten bears. They all have more hit points than Ragnaros did, or Baron Rivendare, the dragon atop UBRS, Moroes, and Globulus from Naxx 40. Combined.
They should have stopped at 100 with the levels and focus on that paragorn/AP system in next expansions, now that its 110 its kinda in a deadlock and i dont know how they will get out of this mess
Level cap should never have passed 100. To me the only actual real solution is to either de-level everyone back down and lower the cap or just say "!@#$ it" and let people have 1 trillion health in the next old gods expansion.
04/21/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Localpanda
but after Legion, ALL characters should start at level 1, in a post-legion world

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Leveling has always been nothing but a chore in my opinion, it is most certainly not why I play the game. In fact I play the game in spite of being forced to spend many hours doing solo player chores before I can actually play the massively multiplayer game I'm paying to play.

Although leveling is faster now, especially with heirlooms, it just makes the process even more absurdly pointless. It doesn't take any planning or thought at all to just steam roll through any content. I was leveling a warlock awhile back and he was literally one shotting every mob he came across with an instant cast spell... one shot... boom... dead... never stop running. In dungeons it's even worse because there are 5 players who are twice as strong as they were designed for so it's like a raid group in a dungeon.

At least back in the day leveling through those zones was somewhat engaging as you had to actually think about what you were doing, and to some extent were learning to play your class in the process. Also, if your objective was like mine, to get to cap as quickly as possible in order to play the game you actually want to play, cap was a whole heck of a lot closer to level 1 in the past and it just keeps getting further and further away.

Yes, there is a character boost option. I boosted this rogue in fact. However, when you're game's highest selling and most expensive item is something that allows players to NOT PLAY THE GAME, there is something very, very wrong.
Bake in those 35 artifact trait into your spec and start from the beginnig. Anything you earned above that will be bonus.
04/21/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Mahashakti
Bake in those 35 artifact trait into your spec and start from the beginnig. Anything you earned above that will be bonus.

This is something I hope WoW NEVER does. The best thing about WoW in my opinion is that everyone starts each expansion on a level footing. Sure, if you're raid geared you might quest a bit faster through the first couple zones, but after that everyone is in the same quest greens with equal strength.

I've seen many other MMOs that incorporate a power carry over system, some that afford an extremely large amount of power. A new player can never catch up in those, and even if you've been playing since the beginning unless you have no life outside the game you will always be well behind the players that play 80-100 hours a week.
Same ol !@#$ post different day. New content is what they are doing. Cata was it as far as old world. And that won't change.
1. It'd be nice if old content could get graphic update. Unlikely due to cost and they'd have to pay for new content creation for already existing deprecated content.

2. Reset to level 1. No I'd stop playing. 1/2 the charm of wow is you can leave for 2 years and come back and get back in the swing of things. This reset to level 1 would kill the game.

3. We already have heirloom gear to speed up leveling. We also can purchase a boost if necessary.

4. I'd like for wow to work on re-using the existing world and make it relevant again, but it's not a make or break thing for me.
04/21/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Kori
Level cap should never have passed 100. To me the only actual real solution is to either de-level everyone back down and lower the cap or just say "!@#$ it" and let people have 1 trillion health in the next old gods expansion.

I agree with the idea that levels should have capped at 100. Beyond that it should have just been our gear that leveled.
I've not seen more terrible ideas in one place than in a kaja cola taste testing factory.