Ok I'm forever pro flying

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
After being forced to achieve flying in legion (I didn't even bother in WoD it was not needed as much as it's needed in legion) I can say I forever will be pro flying. Flying is amazing and no it's not a lazy game mechanic. It's a solution to bypass everything you have done. I no longer have to pound though mobs I destroyed 80 times in the last week.

I have realized without flying I'm force to replay the game. Technically. When I just want the freedom to choose where and how I want to complete quests. It saves so much time I find myself finally lvling up an alt.

I am happy flying is love flying is life.
Im with you OP. I did get it in WoD but I never really missed it all that much during that xpac. I am glad I experienced each zone on the ground but I do wish it was less of a grind to unlock it.

That said, I am SO relieved to have it, leveling alts, getting grinds done, quality of life. Flying has made legion way more fun
04/24/2017 01:40 AMPosted by Soulslayer
forced

For those of us over 18, "forced" in current teen lingo means "engage in an optional activity that I don't feel like", much like "need" actually means and translates to "want".
Its funny that Blizzards intentionally designed awful terrain mazes are what makes me not want to go out in the world, now that i can fly im out questing heaps more and leveling alts.

Didn't really have this problem in MoP because aside from the things blocking you from going into zones you weren't ready for the terrain was pretty nice, i enjoyed just about all of it even when i was leveling on the ground.
Flying is no good for a game like this. It came at the right time. It's a nerfing mechanic, nothing more.
04/24/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Grelkzul
forced

For those of us over 18, "forced" in current teen lingo means "engage in an optional activity that I don't feel like", much like "need" actually means and translates to "want".
Don't you know? Blizzard actually hired people all around the world to go to each player's house and keep us in a sharpshooter hold until we get flying.

Imo, I have flying already and got it by playing the game and when I got it it was just like "oh, I can fly now". Yet, I'd rather navigate any of the areas on the broken isles by land than Gorgrond ever again.
A lazy game mechanic is force you go zig zag back and forth when you can do it in a straight line. And if that wasn't enough you must do it while wearing lead shoes, over, and over, and over, and over..............
After this "highmountain" experience, after I give a break from the game as I do every a while, I plan to return only after 7 months into the xpack, not at launch as this time, so I can skip a lot of bs Blizz does, flying included.
The game actually feels good to play now. It feels like we were meant to have flying but it was withheld for absolutely no reason at all.
I have realized without flying I'm forced to play the game. Technically. When I just want the freedom to choose where and how I want to skip quests. It saves so much time I find myself finally power lvling up an alt.

FTFY
04/24/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Grelkzul
forced

haha that is 100% accurate
Blizzard is an unintelligent company. Flying has been in BC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP. In all 4 of those expansions the sub numbers were higher than in WoD or Legion and WoD or Legion were the only 2 expansions to take flying away from players at launch.

Now obviously thats not scientific data, but flying is most certainly NOT the issue with WoW atm.
04/24/2017 07:14 AMPosted by Ava
I have realized without flying I'm forced to play the game. Technically. When I just want the freedom to choose where and how I want to skip quests. It saves so much time I find myself finally power lvling up an alt.

FTFY

Well you're completely wrong. Flying lets you skip horrid terrain and mobs you would skip anyway.

I have no idea why people think flying = skipping content. I like flying so I can DO the content.
flight is love, flight is life.
Finally unlocked flying after being away from Legion for 2 weeks. Feels so good flying about highmountain without having to worry about falling off a cliff, and pointing the middle finger at all the small mobs that dazed me so much in the past. If you don't want to fly, then don't fly, just let the rest of us who want to fly, fly.
04/24/2017 07:14 AMPosted by Ava
FTFY

Well you're completely wrong. Flying lets you skip horrid terrain and mobs you would skip anyway.

I have no idea why people think flying = skipping content. I like flying so I can DO the content.
More to the point though, it's not that person you quoted's business why you want flying or how you use it.

If I want to do the bare minimum of questing and buy a Fel Flying License at 110, that should be an option. If I don't want to grind Suramar rep for the privilege of flying, which I have already been doing for a decade, I shouldn't have to. Hell, I bought Normal Weather Flying when Cataclysm came out, I should have been able to fly from landing in Stormheim at 100.

Forcing people through hoops to use something they already have is preposterous.
I'm enjoying flying, but I really don't see how anyone (not that you are OP, talking the forums in general here) can honestly state that it doesn't have an immense impact on how the game plays.

It's not remotely debatable going from being grounded to flight, it trivializes a hefty amount of the content, yet I keep seeing people claim it doesn't.... I don't understand how they can say that and actually believe it. It does, without question, full stop!
I just got flying the other day. Cant believe how much more I like questing.
04/24/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Primington
It's not remotely debatable going from being grounded to flight, it trivializes a hefty amount of the content, yet I keep seeing people claim it doesn't.... I don't understand how they can say that and actually believe it. It does, without question, full stop!
can't trivialize something that's been trivial since you hit 110.