Ok I'm forever pro flying

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Remember when Blizz stated that their world was meant to be enjoyed by the player, letting the player choose what parts of the game that they wanted to do, or not?

I believe something about "WoW gives the player choices. The player can level by MoB grinding, questing, raiding, or they can just roleplay, or just do "relaxing" professions. We let the player decide how to enjoy the game."

So at what lame-brained dev meeting did they decide to FORCE everyone to "enjoy the content we developed" by revoking flying, a game mechanic that has been around, what, 10 years now? All because:

"We feel flying takes away the experience of the game, and the Pathfinder series makes players see the content that our developers worked so hard to create."

!@#$!

I don't give a rat's A$$ how hard they worked for lame content and broken lore quests series. Why do they have to ram it down our throats?

Remember when we had the CHOICE to skip content we didn't find enjoyable?

Pepperidge Farms remembers........
04/24/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Grelkzul
04/24/2017 01:40 AMPosted by Soulslayer
forced

For those of us over 18, "forced" in current teen lingo means "engage in an optional activity that I don't feel like", much like "need" actually means and translates to "want".

If you want flying you are forced to do the achievement. It is an acceptable use of the word.
04/24/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Primington
It's not remotely debatable going from being grounded to flight, it trivializes a hefty amount of the content, yet I keep seeing people claim it doesn't.... I don't understand how they can say that and actually believe it. It does, without question, full stop!

Of course it is debatable. Let's debate it now. What content is trivialized? I have finished 100% of the zone quests. I have explored 100% of the zones. I have already gotten my factions to exalted. What is left to trivialize? All it trivialized is getting to some of the world quests. Is traveling to a WQ content to you?
If nothing else, flying makes Val'Sharah finally tolerable. Flying is life, flying is love.
Should be unlocked on all characters after you hit max level. Flight Masters Whistle was a bad fix. I'm an adult and I don't play the game to run from point A to point B. Make my time worthwhile.
I love flying. But...

I find myself getting lost flying to objectives (no clue why...just so used to using the land). My guildies laugh at me in Discord for this...they think it's super funny. And they're right. /shrug
force

Like in "The Force is with you"? Or like "forced".

'Cause I don't think either of those things really apply to this game in any way at all. Maybe those words don't mean what you think they mean?
04/24/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Oomm
Should be unlocked on all characters after you hit max level. Flight Masters Whistle was a bad fix. I'm an adult and I don't play the game to run from point A to point B. Make my time worthwhile.

I don't even care if they have an achievement that is 100% compliable at max level from launch. There was no reason why they delayed it until PFP2. PFP2 is some sick joke and broken shores has nothing that would have been diminished by flight. The terrain design of Broken Shores is so bad that I can't imagine they ever really intended people to be on ground mounts.
it trivializes a hefty amount of the content,

If you mean it trivializes getting dismounted, dazed, ad infinitum?

100% correct.

If you mean it trivializes my ability to kill a boss, complete a quest?

100% wrong.
Why is there even an "Anti Flying" crowd?

I feel like that exist simply because people like to feel different.
04/24/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Scöpe
it trivializes a hefty amount of the content,

If you mean it trivializes getting dismounted, dazed, ad infinitum?

100% correct.

If you mean it trivializes my ability to kill a boss, complete a quest?

100% wrong.

As I mentioned it only trivializes content if he (and Blizzard) considers getting to content to be content. I mean I flew to the legion invasion last night. Once I got to the WQ I still had to kill dozens of demons before I could finish it. I would have like it better though if they all just fell over dead from the awesomeness of my flying mount.
forced

For those of us over 18, "forced" in current teen lingo means "engage in an optional activity that I don't feel like", much like "need" actually means and translates to "want".

And no one is forcing you to play the game, therefore you should quit?
04/24/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Hamstar

If you want flying you are forced to do the achievement. It is an acceptable use of the word.

Not forced.

Required.

If you want A, you are required to do B.

If I want money, I am required to work for it. I am not "forced" to work. If you want to fly in Broken Isles, you are required to do the achievement.
04/24/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Lewdlady

PvP "Heroes" are the main ones against flying, you know the type...the ones that gank lowbies in leveling areas.
04/24/2017 04:06 AMPosted by Phumbles
Flying is no good for a game like this. It came at the right time. It's a nerfing mechanic, nothing more.

How can you nerf something that has no value?
OP, I was pro-flying already when I first got it in Outland when it was new. I grinded level and gold farming for what seemed like forever, just to be able to buy the skill and my first (slow) flying mount.

The first time I took to the skies and saw Shadowmoon roll by underneath was poignant. It was magical. Then I started exploring all those areas I couldn't get to before, like Skettis. It was like a whole new game opened up.
04/24/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Lewdlady

There needs to be an "Anti-Flying crowd" to make it appear that there is community support for keeping players grounded. The trolls don't even sound sincere. But they're on the job.
04/24/2017 08:36 AMPosted by Qualanthar
04/24/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Hamstar

Not forced.

Required.

If I want money, I am required to work for it. I am not "forced" to work. If you want to fly in Broken Isles, you are required to do the achievement.

You do know that required is a synonym for forced?
04/24/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Oomm

This is ironic. If wall you want to do is warp to your quest objective and then warp back to the turn in, then yes, all you are playing the game for is running from point A to point B.

The argument is so weird, this is World of Warcraft, not "Warp to Quest Objectives." I play this game to be in the world. If you don't enjoy the "World" part of it, and consider it merely "running from point A to point B" then why are you playing the game?
04/24/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Hamstar
04/24/2017 08:36 AMPosted by Qualanthar

Not forced.

Required.

You do know that required is a synonym for forced?

No: http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/required?s=t

maybed "enforced."

"Forced" means someone is standing behind you literally or figuratively holding a gun to your head until you do something.

In order to buy gas at the gas station, you are required to pay money. You're not forced, because you can choose to not get gas.
After being forced to achieve flying in legion

Agree - they think it's content to do it, but it's actually just frustrating for someone like myself that has been playing since TBC and flying was always bought from a vendor.

It's not content, it's a time gate to force players to log in and do something that isn't even what they want to do or enjoy.

RAID = CONTENT
Mythic + = CONTENT
PVP Brawls = CONTENT

Adding an achievement to force players to do a bunch of trash that they don't enjoy = TIME GATE NOT CONTENT