Ok I'm forever pro flying

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
04/24/2017 08:43 AMPosted by Moomoose
04/24/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Lewdlady
Why is there even an "Anti Flying" crowd?

I feel like that exist simply because people like to feel different.

There needs to be an "Anti-Flying crowd" to make it appear that there is community support for keeping players grounded. The trolls don't even sound sincere. But they're on the job.

I bet if Blizz made flying even more exclusive, like something you only can unlock with a certain PVP rank or Mythic Raid achieve or whatever, the same people who b!tch about it now would find a new "special snowflake" goal in life and be all for it.
04/24/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Bearmojo
You're not forced, because you can choose to not get gas.

This is so untrue.

You so obviously have never eaten at a Taco Bell.
04/24/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Thomacles
You're not forced, because you can choose to not get gas.

This is so untrue.

You so obviously have never eaten at a Taco Bell.

I actually haven't ;)

But Mexican food in general.... yeah...
now that I'm actually close to getting it, I find myself wanting to do the bare minimum until I have it.

Every time I try to do a world quest with terrible pathing it makes me want it that much more.
04/24/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Hamstar

You do know that required is a synonym for forced?

No: http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/required?s=t

maybed "enforced."

"Forced" means someone is standing behind you literally or figuratively holding a gun to your head until you do something.

In order to buy gas at the gas station, you are required to pay money. You're not forced, because you can choose to not get gas.

So there is your problem. You don't understand what forced means. Forced does not JUST mean "a gun to your head" either literally or figuratively. By your logic you could chose to get shot in the head as well, so you are never actually forced to do anything.

Ok and here you go. https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/forced
04/24/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Bearmojo
04/24/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Oomm
Should be unlocked on all characters after you hit max level. Flight Masters Whistle was a bad fix. I'm an adult and I don't play the game to run from point A to point B. Make my time worthwhile.

This is ironic. If wall you want to do is warp to your quest objective and then warp back to the turn in, then yes, all you are playing the game for is running from point A to point B.

The argument is so weird, this is World of Warcraft, not "Warp to Quest Objectives." I play this game to be in the world. If you don't enjoy the "World" part of it, and consider it merely "running from point A to point B" then why are you playing the game?

If what you enjoy most is being in the world on the ground rather than actually completing objectives, I'm fine with that, but as you said yourself, why then are you playing the game?

I mean, I love the world, and even more so with flying. I got a character to 60 this weekend, who flew right to Feralas to farm a pet.

Feralas is an amazing place, and so natural. No convoluted multi-level earth slabs and paths that lead to dead ends at bumps you can't climb over.

We couldn't appreciate that on the ground while clubbing stuff to complete quest objectives.

They also mean different things
forced means you have to do something and get either nothing in return or punishment of some sort.

required means you have to do something if you want to get something.

Your forced out of your home by gang members.
Your required to pay rent to stay in this home.

See the difference.

The in this case you are required to jump through hoops to get an achieve to earn flying in current content, before it was just gold but gold is easy to make now.

Your forced to abid the rules set by the ToS, breaking said rules gets you banned.

See the differences?
04/24/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Twìggy

forced means you have to do something and get either nothing in return or punishment of some sort.

See the difference.

The in this case you are required to jump through hoops to get an achieve to earn flying in current content, before it was just gold but gold is easy to make now.

Your forced to abid the rules set by the ToS, breaking said rules gets you banned.

See the differences?

The only "difference" is that you are being pedantic, trying to make a point but failing, when it is clear you are grasping at straws.

FACT: If you want the convenience and the fun of flying, if you want to be able to make twice the progress on your characters doing things out in the world, then you have no choice but to get flying.

No other choice. Whether that fits your narrow self-imposed definition of "forced" is irrelevant on all levels.
04/24/2017 01:56 AMPosted by Xanzul
Shut up.
Remind me again what benefit allowing posting on low level alts brings to the table? It seems like you trolls use them for things like this most of the time.
Serious question since there seems to be both pro and anti flight folks here. Let me preface, i absolutely love flying. I don't mind the gated requirements or grind, i like the reward and feeling of accomplishment:

For you pro-flyers, would you enjoy flying as much if your flight speed was say anywhere slower than a ground mount, say 50% - 75%?
04/24/2017 08:04 AMPosted by Deathchix
04/24/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Primington
It's not remotely debatable going from being grounded to flight, it trivializes a hefty amount of the content, yet I keep seeing people claim it doesn't.... I don't understand how they can say that and actually believe it. It does, without question, full stop!
can't trivialize something that's been trivial since you hit 110.

Are you joking?

It's again, not debatable, at all, not even remotely. It does, without question, make it significantly faster and easier to do anything open world. There is literally no way to deny this. If you deny it, you're just being ignorant about the whole thing and arguing just to argue, or you actually believe it, which is even more baffling to me. Do you have the memory of a goldfish?

Also, we can now fly on all characters. That doesn't trivialize leveling? It sure as hell does, without question, without debate.

Again, I'm enjoying flying, and understand I am not arguing against flight or arguing in favour of the way Blizzard handled this (it was terribly handled from day 1 of this expansion, this is not the same issue), I'm simply stating that now that I can fly, it's unequivocally easier and faster to get things done now.
04/24/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Scöpe
04/24/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Primington
it trivializes a hefty amount of the content,

If you mean it trivializes getting dismounted, dazed, ad infinitum?

100% correct.

If you mean it trivializes my ability to kill a boss, complete a quest?

100% wrong.

Clearly I'm talking about traveling around the Broken Isles. It obviously has zero impact on the damage a character does, has zero impact on combat, other than to make it significantly faster and easier traveling to and from quest areas.
04/24/2017 09:42 AMPosted by Primington
04/24/2017 08:04 AMPosted by Deathchix
...can't trivialize something that's been trivial since you hit 110.

Are you joking?

It's again, not debatable, at all, not even remotely. It does, without question, make it significantly faster and easier to do anything open world. There is literally no way to deny this. If you deny it, you're just being ignorant about the whole thing and arguing just to argue, or you actually believe it, which is even more baffling to me. Do you have the memory of a goldfish?

Also, we can now fly on all characters. That doesn't trivialize leveling? It sure as hell does, without question, without debate.

Again, I'm enjoying flying, and understand I am not arguing against flight or arguing in favour of the way Blizzard handled this (it was terribly handled from day 1 of this expansion, this is not the same issue), I'm simply stating that now that I can fly, it's unequivocally easier and faster to get things done now.

Yet another anti-flying troll posing as a reasonable pro-flying person who just wants to point out that HE IS CLOSING THE THREAD BECAUSE NONE OF THIS IS DEBATABLE.
04/24/2017 04:04 AMPosted by Virus
Its funny that Blizzards intentionally designed awful terrain mazes are what makes me not want to go out in the world, now that i can fly im out questing heaps more and leveling alts.

Didn't really have this problem in MoP because aside from the things blocking you from going into zones you weren't ready for the terrain was pretty nice, i enjoyed just about all of it even when i was leveling on the ground.

There are mazes in this game? Where are they?

Why do people upvote these type of posts? It doesn't make sense to me.
04/24/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Sicpater
For you pro-flyers, would you enjoy flying as much if your flight speed was say anywhere slower than a ground mount, say 50% - 75%?
No, I would not. It was tolerable in BC because it was all you had until "expensive flight" but now that we've moved past that it would not be acceptable.
I wanna make a new complaint.

While flying I seem to get caught in trees. Blizzard should remove trees because they impede my flight space.

See the difference.

See the differences?

So you don't even understand what a synonym is?

Confirmed. I guess we should clear this up. A synonym means the same thing or close enough to it that the concept is passed on and can be freely interchanged in a given language.
It does, without question, make it significantly faster and easier to do anything open world.

This is patently false. Let me break it down. We will use the "kill 10 demons" in Broken Shore as the example.

You must kill 10 demons.

Those 10 demons are no easier to kill if you fly there, or if you walk there or if you get summoned there by a warlock. They have X hitpoints, based on your character level and ilevel. You do X damage over Y time, they die with the same alacrity, no matter your transportation method. Once you arrive, the quest begins. Once 10 demons are dead, the quest is complete. Your transportation has *no* effect on how easy this quest is to complete.

Oh...you were talking about *getting* places? Isn't that .... different than the quests? You're concerned with the high-fun content of trash mobs, dazing, and delaying you getting to the content you want to participate in?

So, if your'e being intellectually honest, you see that there are indeed two separate components:

1) The quests themselves - Their actual difficulty and time to complete, nearly unanimously*, are absolutely unaltered by the method by which you arrived to the quest location.

2) How you get to the quests - If you walk, it takes longer, if you ride, it takes less time, if you fly, it takes even less...if you have a warlock and two buddies, it is instant. Has no bearing at all on the difficulty or time to complete quests*

*(I acknowledge there are a couple of quests that are made easier: Gathering, if a druid, and can gather while flying (A mechanic that should be looked at) and the "Objective" Kirin Tor quests).

If you have ever skipped a "trash" mob by riding past it, or stealthed past it, or used an invis potion...anything like that, you're a hypocrite for being "upset" at flying for that reason.

World mobs are trivial; they're not fun to fight, they're not challenging in any way. Flight gives everyone the option they prefer: If you truly love riding on the ground and fighting trash mobs, you're free to do so. Resources are plentiful and can be multi tapped, no more "omg SWOOPERS!"

The only legitimate gripe would be for pvp griefers being unable to gank easily on pvp servers.

I'm not for flying out of the gate...but I do believe flying should be gettable from the first xpansion launch @max level after completely 1 pathfinder. Time-gating it is !@#$. MoP had the best flying model, IMO.
04/24/2017 01:56 AMPosted by Xanzul
Shut up.

I'm jealous, I want those dislikes.
It's again, not debatable, at all, not even remotely. It does, without question, make it significantly faster and easier to do anything open world.

I already offered to debate it with you, but you refused. Though now you changed it from.

trivializes a hefty amount of the content

to

make it significantly faster and easier to do anything open world

You are debating yourself. Also I can still disagree and debate your new claim. It only makes it faster and easer getting to content, and not doing content.