How many of you have Engineering for Ah?

General Discussion
My Shadow priest I just changed from 780 Jewel Crafting to Engineering as I do with all my toons now because i don't want to go to Orgrimar to use the damn auction house!

How frigging annoying! I mean MOP we had to be Engineers to have an AH, now again?

Can you make a damn AH for people to access, you're just making everyone like myself roll Engineering because we can't stand zoning across the world to buy some damn pots..............

Old Dalaran has an Ah, where did it go? Why is it gone now??? Was removing the Ah part of the Legions combat plan?
I tend to have Engineering on all my toons for the tinkers - glider/loot a rang/nitro boots and of course AH
I do too, but I wanted to enjoy other professions on my alts... but I can't do so unless I want to hearth or portal across the world away from combating the Legion!

its so dumb!
This mage has had engi since I made it nearly 3 years ago. I've since then abandoned it, but it was useful for the ah while it lasted.

I use the remote ah if I need something now. Why bother going to a capital city when I can do it all comfortably from my phone?
Oh crap I need to sell some stuff and grab some pots, i'll brb guys..... I need to hearth to Dal and then Portal to Org then hearth back to Shalaran!

Ridiculous!
I know but the Primary City of this expansion should be all Profession friendly, yet again we have no Auction house?

really?

Is the lore of this expansion such that unless you're an Engineer you have to travel back in time to sell some goods?
I got the AH in my garrison, so I usually just hearth there.
05/05/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Shukuchi
I got the AH in my garrison, so I usually just hearth there.

You shouldn't have to, Would you not just like to use the Ah that was implemented 5 years ago in Dalaran?
I've played on several servers by now (9 or 10). The FIRST character I make on a new server is a level 1 auction house toon. None of my other characters goes to an AH: they just hit the nearest mailbox. That's worked well for 12 years now.

It doesn't solve Atuke's problem: you're in a dungeon and your bags are full and you've run out of pots. But at least you just need to hearth to the nearest mailbox.

I play lots of toons and craft a lot, so I mail to/from an AH toon about 50 times a day. Meanwhile, about once every 2 months, one of my other toons goes to one: to buy an armor/weapon using the "only show stuff I can use" button.
Engineering is all about the perks at the sacrifice of any profit potential and only one piece of gear. Take away the AH bot and you're taking away one of the biggest reasons to be an engineer.

Also I believe the old Dalaran AH was also engineer only during Wrath, but was changed after the expac. I may be wrong with this as I didn't play during Wrath, just what I heard.
05/05/2017 08:21 PMPosted by Vintorez
Engineering is all about the perks at the sacrifice of any profit potential and only one piece of gear. Take away the AH bot and you're taking away one of the biggest reasons to be an engineer.

Also I believe the old Dalaran AH was also engineer only during Wrath, but was changed after the expac. I may be wrong with this as I didn't play during Wrath, just what I heard.

Yes, anyone can use the Northrend AH. The MoP one is still engineer only though.
Stormwind and Dalaran both have portals to each other, I assume it's the same for Org and Dal so it's not terribly inconvenient. I can only guess that they do this in order to reduce the population size in Dalaran to help keep things running smooth.
If I need to use it I take the portal to Stormwind. It's not that big of a deal. I have at least 2 hearths back to Dal on all of my characters, so.
05/05/2017 08:21 PMPosted by Vintorez

Im not wanting to take away Engineers AH, I want other classes to have an AH too!!!!!!!
I'm always engineering but because i like my rocket boost/gliders and Gnomish gravity well, well+glider got me around so much annoying terrain when levelling, love it!
I go to Ironforge then Dreamwalk to go back.
I've been an engineer since Classic WoW and I sure ain't changing now.

I get AH access in Dalaran, sure, but I also get Goblin Glider, Nitro Boost, Wormholes to every expansion, portable bank, portable mailbox, and all of the new perks Reeves brings.
Engineering is all about usefulness on applicable toons; which it trades for any sort of gold output. It makes sense that Blizz alternates non-engineer auction houses in major cities to add to it's usefulness.

Don't whine. You could hearth to your garrison for that AH, set your Hearthstone to an inn in Org, take the portal to Shattrath in Dalaran, carry a Pugilist's Powerful Punching Ring in your bags to port to Org, carry a Shroud of Cooperation in your bags to port to Org, take the portal to Org in Dalaran, take the other three portals to major cities in Dalaran... HUGE etc. And there's a portal to Dalaran in Orgrimmar to get back.

You'd really trade 780 in a moderately lucrative and SUPER easy profession, to spend a !@#$ ton of gold leveling something else, so you can save twenty seconds of traveling to an AH? wot.jpg