Mistweavers in 7.2.5

Class Development
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
04/21/2017 04:46 PMPosted by Moargoths
Its so discouraging. I've invested a huge amount of time into my monk this expac and I want to know that someone out there cares that this class is the least represented and weakest healer of all.

No, that's Disc. I don't think anyone would disagree Mistweaver is second in line, and I do think they need to do something about that, but Disc is the least represented, and weakest in normal and heroic raids.
04/23/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Aeterna
04/21/2017 04:46 PMPosted by Moargoths
Its so discouraging. I've invested a huge amount of time into my monk this expac and I want to know that someone out there cares that this class is the least represented and weakest healer of all.

No, that's Disc. I don't think anyone would disagree Mistweaver is second in line, and I do think they need to do something about that, but Disc is the least represented, and weakest in normal and heroic raids.

But at least a priest has the option to play holy. Albeit not ideal to be in that situation to begin with however,monks do not have such an option.
Random ideas:

-When channeling Soothing Mist, spells used on the same target are instant cast.

-Renewing Mist no longer breaks Soothing Mist

-Enveloping Mist: Wraps the target in healing mists, healing it over 6 sec, and increasing healing received from your other spells. If Enveloping Mist would overheal a target, it jumps to a nearby injured target.

-Sheilun's Gift is instant cast

-Mastery: Gust of Mists: Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Vivify also cause a gust of healing mists, instantly healing the primary target, and nearby allies for half of it's power.

Meh... how about revert us to Pandaria's MW?
04/23/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Misuzu

-Enveloping Mist: Wraps the target in healing mists, healing it over 6 sec, and increasing healing received from your other spells. If Enveloping Mist would overheal a target, it jumps to a nearby injured target.

[/quote]

pls no. I dont want to set up env on a tank only to have it jump to Hati and !@#$ everything.
04/23/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Yogirl
If we don't hear a response on fixing EF off of cd soon it's sad to say it's looking like a reroll to me lol..
That was me with the mistwalk prune... I switched to my disc priest... but realized I just plain hate this game at times, especially when prunes happen in the middle of a !@#$ing expansion.

Basically been playing ESO and keeping an eye out on the WoW forums to see if they actually do anything to fix my main or not.

04/23/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Aeterna
Holy priest is the only healer less represented than Mistweaver in PvP.
I mean, 7.2 made catching up with an alt really easy so bliz did answer our cries. They gave us an option to fix our numbers.
UGH.

i'm honestly just going to straight up quit if i don't see some changes soon.

7.2.5 is relatively close, under 2 months away, iirc, if its released at the end of the current "quest line", like with how Nighthold was. 2 months is a REALLY short time to drastically change a class like with how Blizzard wants to do to MW.

i could switch to BrM, but, they're nerfing it too. oh, sure, they "nerfed" Guardian by removing Ursol, but, is giving them a tiny, negligible slap on the wrist really a "nerf"?
I generally agree with the op.

Our current Mastery is boring - just incorporate this extra healing into those baseline spells... give us something cool instead.

Artifact ability can be tricky to use... generally I use it as a mana saver with around 6-7 stacks; much more than that and I usually wind up with a bunch of overheating. The cast time sometimes feels super long too, especially in movement intensive fights.

Revival feels comparatively lackluster in dungeons (since its healing scales with players affected). I wish it healed for a bit more, had a reduced cd, or something special - IFF it heals 5 or fewer targets.
Honestly, if they made it so we scale better with gear, some kind of small raid wide utility spell, and better interaction with our aoe artifact spell and vivify with mastery, ide be happy.

From what I hear and understand, TFT is going to be of better usage in 7.2.5. Our 4 set combined with rising thunder basicly make TFT nearly always available. That's few vivifys, better mobility with EF (even with a cd and hitting more raid members) bigger effuses and instant EvM.

I don't need to be top of the meters. What I want for all of us MW monks is to be competitive and have people say "it would be pretty nice to have a MW instead of another resto."

EF has to be reworked ONLY to be a smart spell and NOT hit the same raid members multiple times before hitting someone that doesn't already have it. That would also significantly help us. I wouldn't mind the cd so much if that was implemented.

We don't need an overhaul. We just need a little TLC that could be fixed tomorrow.
Bump for scaling, for some remedy to losing EF if channeling is interrupted, for literally any sense of what is going on with the spec Blizzard!

We can't give you feedback other than "we need more changes" unless you actually give us changes, or at least an idea of what changes are coming in later builds!
Refreshing Jade Wind also has a mana cost reduction that didn't make it into this build, similar to other talented heal spells mentioned in a recent PTR note.
04/19/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Dooger

2) Revival - It's a nice bump, but it's almost absolutely worthless in 5 man content. I lucked out and got a Velen's, which really makes it something powerful... but I'm finding that if Velen's is on CD I'd almost rather not use Revival because it hardly seems worth it as opposed to EF/HoT chasing. It's already the most laughed at raid cooldown in the game except when you can actually utilize the cleanse.

[/quote]

I like to think of Revival in 5mans as a 3 minute cooldown mass dispel.
I really think they underestimated how important the soothing mist mechanics from the past were to the identify of the spec.

If ancient mistweaver arts were made baseline and we just ditched the garbage passive version of soothing, the spec would feel a lot more like it's supposed to feel. Sheilun's Gift could then be added to the list of spells that were instant cast during soothing.

Bring back active soothing baseline and make it cheap enough that channeling soothing is mana positive (until you start casting other spells during soothing). This would bring back at least some of the fluid playstyle that's severely lacking in Legion PvE mistweaving. Hardcasting as much as we do just feels wrong. It's not what the spec was supposed to be. I have at least four other healing specs I can play when I want to be standing around hard casting cast-time spells (two priest specs, resto shaman and paladin already have this kind of playstyle). We didn't need another one.

That change would also complement the new 7.2 artifact traits really well. Hard casting effuse all the time feels gross. Casting instant effuses during soothing would just feel more mistweavery.

The problem with Mistweavers isn't just numbers, it just doesn't feel right. The playstyle was butchered. Put it back together.
04/26/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Sigma
Refreshing Jade Wind also has a mana cost reduction that didn't make it into this build, similar to other talented heal spells mentioned in a recent PTR note.

So you do know that even if it cost 0 mana with 100% uptime it wouldn't be worth taking over Chi-Ji or Statue right? Like Blizzard is aware that its not just undertuned but an innately bad mechanic that nobody will ever use in a legitimate setting?

Just wondering..
04/26/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Emeldavî
Bump for scaling, for some remedy to losing EF if channeling is interrupted, for literally any sense of what is going on with the spec Blizzard!

We can't give you feedback other than "we need more changes" unless you actually give us changes, or at least an idea of what changes are coming in later builds!

Oh.

Okay, is there anything else happening to Mistweaver in future builds? Having been promised that Mistweaver would get considerable changes in the initial PTR post (Soure: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754115486#1 ), but with only Essence Font getting a cooldown, and a buff to Vivify's output leaves more to be desired.

We're one of the lowest overall throughput healers. We bring nothing beneficial to a raid outside of healing.

One of those needs to be changed, otherwise Mistweavers will face declining numbers until there's just no way to bounce back outside of a powerful swing, whether that be through tier bonuses, trinkets, or any factor possible.

can you stop ignoring shadow

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754285270?page=1
Like are we supposed to ignore being given some hope of real meaningful change in the initial post only to be shelved because someone decided priest abilities are more fun to name? Are we supposed to be okay with the literal ESSAY on discipline you guys posted after previously stating discipline was going to be an expansion level re-work? (for the umpteenth time)

This is Mistweaver land right now Blizzard.
https://i.imgur.com/7dPMS7K.png
This is how Mistweavers feel in our crushed, worn out, just-not-druid-enough, hearts.

In a thread with all of the valuable feedback/information that you've gotten, this is all you're going to give us? A mana cost reduction on a talent that no one will use even if it does go through?

This is the extent of communication that we can expect when you tell us that you're planning on looking at our spec "primarily" since it "needs extra attention"?

This feels like a follow-up to a post that didn't happen. Did you mean to post a larger more explanatory post and this was something that you forgot to put into it, but the first, larger post, didn't happen?