I think I screwed up my Artifact.

General Discussion
Not sure where this go as this is my first time posting on forums but I'm pretty sure I just screwed up my artifact.

So I kinda rushed my artifact, sort of on accident. I progressed it into the second phase of the artifact without getting all 20 ranks for the damage increase and it was my first time seeing the second phase of the artifact so I decided to level one of the traits on it and boom.

I'm currently at AK lvl 26 (100,000% increase, which means I'm only getting 200-500k) and it's now asking me for 10 million AP to get one trait in any of my artifact traits. I can't even rank up my Titanic Power (Damage increase trait) anymore. Is this some sort of mistake or did I truly screw up?
You can refund all your traits at the cost of the previous tier's AP cost. Then you can choose the damage increase talent. Alternatively, you can just wait a week or so.
What blizz did is took all the ranks of the old paragon trait and baked them into the first trait in that new ring of traits. So after you upgrade your artifact, you'll just want to spend one point for the damage increase, which is equivalent to having a maxed out paragon pre-7.2. What I would do is just wait till you get enough AP to buy another point, and just put it in that trait. Don't refund, as you're losing quite a bit of AP doing that.
No you didn't mess up. The scaling is exponential and everyone has the jump to 10m for the next trait. This makes it so people don't get too far ahead.

I would just recommend that you look up on Icy-veins your best priority for which talents you should take next. The first couple are pretty fast all things considered, however right now for me it takes I think 308M ap to get my next trait. Just save the least useful traits for last and that's the best way to go about it.
You more than likely haven't screwed it up. Because 10M for the next trait is where it should be at AK 26. It will progress to hundreds of millions for the next trait.

Your bet bet is to run over to icy-veins and take a look at the artifact path for your specific spec. They lay it out with nice big numbers on which traits you should take to maximize your performance with the 7.2 artifact weapon.

Edit: And I was sniped by Falckor
You didn't screw up at all by going into the second phase. The upgraded artifact trait window consolidates the damage increase ranks into two traits and opens up new traits to purchase.
05/10/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Shankyswank
What blizz did is took all the ranks of the old paragon trait and baked them into the first trait in that new ring of traits. So after you upgrade your artifact, you'll just want to spend one point for the damage increase, which is equivalent to having a maxed out paragon pre-7.2. What I would do is just wait till you get enough AP to buy another point, and just put it in that trait. Don't refund, as you're losing quite a bit of AP doing that.

oh look! you're not talking gibberish anymore
05/10/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Shankyswank

Btw the damage increase is a base 15% damage increase. Don't be like me and accidently spend a your AP on the wrong trait.

But yah do as the guy i quoted said. You should be able to get the 10 mil AP in a week.
The new traits are now costing a lot more and AK level goes up to 50. I am currently sitting at level 34 which gives me 830,000% increase. The one bonus trait is no longer valid and you will get a new one that will show up once you get all 4 new traits filled but you will have to get all traits full before you can put any points into it. So don't worry you didn't screw up you just need higher AK level :)
05/10/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Hasil
You more than likely haven't screwed it up. Because 10M for the next trait is where it should be at AK 26. It will progress to hundreds of millions for the next trait.

Your bet bet is to run over to icy-veins and take a look at the artifact path for your specific spec. They lay it out with nice big numbers on which traits you should take to maximize your performance with the 7.2 artifact weapon.

Edit: And I was sniped by Falckor

More like 22 million will be the next trait. At some point it will be hundreds of millions, but not the next trait for you OP.
Appreciate the quick respones guys, I was just shocked at having to gather so much AP.
05/10/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Crowned
Is this some sort of mistake or did I truly screw up?

Its really not a big deal unless you're vying for a mythic raid slot for the gulag.
05/10/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Crowned
Appreciate the quick respones guys, I was just shocked at having to gather so much AP.

You will be getting catch up fairly quickly if you just keep your artifact research going constantly.

Right now, the average token I get for mine is like 4m+ each.
05/10/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Crowned

Try not to focus on numbers. If you keep up your AK then you'll get traits approximately the same rate. Example, the way I play i get a trait once a week. Some may get a trait once every 2 weeks, just depends on how frequently you play.