[CS Lounge] Orange Juice

Customer Support
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
So if things work out as planed we’ll be taking a trip around the block the long way in the relatively near (end of June) future.

A once in a lifetime jaunt if we pull it off.
The near demise of our retirement savings, but what the hell.

The rout is; St. Catharines, Ontario to Ypsilanti, Michigan to Mackinaw City, Michigan - Ontonagon, Michigan - Duluth, Minnesota – Winnipeg, Manitoba - Yorkton, Saskatchewan - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Edmonton, Alberta - Dawson Creek, British Columbia - Fort Nelson, British Columbia - Watson Lake, Yukon Territory - Whitehorse, Yukon Territory - Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory - Tok, Alaska - Fairbanks, Alaska – Deadhorse, Alaska – Wiseman, Alaska – Coldfoot, Alaska - Denali, Alaska - Talkeetna, Alaska - Anchorage, Alaska - Seward, Alaska - Girdwood, Alaska - Homer, Alaska - Dawson City, Yukon Territory - Carmacks, Yukon Territory - Teslin, Yukon Territory - Dease Lake, British Columbia - New Hazelton, British Columbia - Prince George, British Columbia - Lillooet, British Columbia - Squamish, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia - Seattle, Washington - Tacoma, Washington - Westport, Washington - Coos Bay, Oregon - Leggett, California - Valley Ford, California - San Francisco, California - San Jose, California - Santa Cruz, California - San Simeon, California - San Luis Obispo, California - Los Angeles, California - San Clemente, California - Tucson, Arizona - Albuquerque, New Mexico - Pueblo, Colorado - Denver, Colorado - Lincoln, Nebraska - Kansas City, Missouri - St. Louis, Missouri - Indianapolis, Indiana - Macedonia, Ohio – and back home to New York State.

The fates willing and the car don’t die.
05/21/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Tomten
St. Louis, Missouri

That's where I'm from. If you've never been, hopefully the arch will be open and you can go up inside it.
There are quite a few of us in California. Let us know when you are out here.
05/21/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Regg
That's where I'm from. If you've never been, hopefully the arch will be open and you can go up inside it.
I’ve been to the top of the arch, several years ago.

Much as I liked the view, due to current physical limitations I’m not planning to go up this time.

I’m planning to see a couple things I haven’t seen on previous trips; the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, the Old Courthouse, Ulysses S. Grant National Historical Site and the Laumeier Sculpture Park if I have time.

My wife has never seen the Pacific; my original plan was to drive to Vancouver then follow the coast down to the Mexican border. She reminded me that I had always said I would like to go back to Alaska (I left in 1957 so it’s been a while) and this could be my last chance, so the trip plans got even bigger.
That's quite the trip, Tomten! I hope you collect a lot of good memories from this trip. :)

Vancouver Canada has a rather nice aquarium if you have the opportunity, I've heard Seattle's is quite good as well.

Not much that I remember in Dawson Creek, just a big farming town but it's been two decades since I were last there. :o
Be sure to check out Mackinac Island and get some fudge! It's the best fudge I've ever had, hands down.
@Tomten, if you can extend your way down south a lil, let us know. A lot of us are SoCal.
05/21/2017 03:35 PMPosted by Olives
Possibly one of the major american family holidays would be my guess?

most likely was...though it's been so long I forgot. :P

05/21/2017 03:41 PMPosted by Perl

And a Canadian long weekend to 'boot ;) It's a very popular weekend for people to get their first camping trip in.

Hope everyone is having or has had a wonderful weekend ;)

*puts out a pile of long sticks, a bag of marshmallows and a campfire*

yeah sadly, I'm working today. only places around here closed are banks, post office(s)and government buildings. everything else is either open standard hours or holiday hours.

@Tomten-here in Halifax, we've got what's called a "Harbour Hopper". it tours through downtown Halifax and across the Harbour. pretty neat reallyl. never rode in it myself...though that could change if I get the extra money and time off. wouldn't mind being a "tourist" in my home city. :p

OH...almost forgot. We've also got the "Noon Cannon". everyday at noonhour, Citadel Hill fires a cannon to signify that it's noonhour. another thing that's neat too. :P
05/22/2017 06:15 AMPosted by Regnyl
here in Halifax

I'm on the Northumberland Straight.
05/21/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Tomten
So if things work out as planed we’ll be taking a trip around the block the long way in the relatively near (end of June) future.

Hitting my home town. *waves*

That lists makes me think of one of my "maybe" retirement plans which involves an RV and a list of all the places my various ancestors lived, particularly ones where we currently have dead ends.

Yeah ... I'm gonna be one of THOSE old people.
05/22/2017 06:15 AMPosted by Regnyl
@Tomten-here in Halifax, we've got what's called a "Harbour Hopper". it tours through downtown Halifax and across the Harbour. pretty neat reallyl. never rode in it myself...though that could change if I get the extra money and time off. wouldn't mind being a "tourist" in my home city. :p

That's where I'm from :)
Long ago, in the olden days, I started school in Halifax. Primary and Grade 1.
05/22/2017 09:46 AMPosted by Rufflebottom
Long ago, in the olden days, I started school in Halifax. Primary and Grade 1.

Did you still have the Easter Egg you hatched from?
I'm starting to think we are going to float to the ocean here pretty soon, lol. Though we do desperately need the rain. Hopefully this can help with the fires back home.

The fires in the Okefenokee Swamp started again last month and have been prompting evacuations in areas bordering the FL/GA line. So far ~152k acres have burned. Hoping it doesn't get as bad as it was in 2007 - over 440k acres were burned during those fires.
http://kotaku.com/nintendos-thoughtful-reply-to-a-blind-fan-1795425772
Good evening!
05/22/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Forums
Good evening!

Do you wish us a good evening, or mean that it is a good evening whether we want it or not; or that you feel good this evening; or that it is a evening to be good on?
05/22/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Chancey
05/22/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Forums
Good evening!

Do you wish us a good evening, or mean that it is a good evening whether we want it or not; or that you feel good this evening; or that it is a evening to be good on?

Yes?
All of them at once; and a very fine evening out of doors.
But now it's morning and time for coffee and work!