CC in PVP?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Does anyone feel like its too much and too spamable?

Feels like if they got the perfect sweet spot of the ammount of CC players have PVP would actually be enjoyable.

Like i PLAY pvp on other mmo's and they don't even compared to the ammount of cc abilties I have to face in 1 minute in combat in WoW. sometimes I don't even do anything and its just 30 secondsof spammed cc where i cant do a thing but just watch as idie to the cc chain.
There's PVP?

I'm stunned, dazed, frozen.. silenced! by surprise that people can manage to pvp!
There is way, way too much CC in PvP and basically always has been. Right now if you do anything in PvP you are permanently slowed and have control of your character for perhaps 50% of the time. It's terrible.
05/09/2017 11:28 PMPosted by Snowfox
There's PVP?

I'm stunned, dazed, frozen.. silenced! by surprise that people can manage to pvp!

So you're a healer then.

I don't get any of that as a ranged DPS. All I get is -charge. Smack smack smack dead.-
I rate it 7/10

Too obvious but you got some bites from other people including me.

I completely 100% whole heartedly disagree with your post.

There is too little CC in this game. To the point where people literally have no buttons to deal with comps. Go back to MoP please....when people could actually deal with things.

If you honestly believe there is too much CC in this game...then WoW arena isn't for you....and please don't make stupid posts like this anymore...

The general consensus among the pvp community is that the prune got rid of way too much control in the game and is the reason why we have such terrible pvp currently.

It honestly baffles me how I've lost well over 15 abilities from MoP and people like you still say there is "too much" control? MoP had the perfect amount of CC in my opinion....

I never saw the top rated players sit 30 second CC chains...I wonder why that was....maybe it could have been because they were good at the game.

Seriously OP what kind of game do you want?
The general consensus among..

I always know whatever follows that phrase is completely made up BS.
05/09/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Jensxo
I rate it 7/10

Too obvious but you got some bites from other people including me.

I completely 100% whole heartedly disagree with your post.

There is too little CC in this game. To the point where people literally have no buttons to deal with comps. Go back to MoP please....when people could actually deal with things.

If you honestly believe there is too much CC in this game...then WoW arena isn't for you....and please don't make stupid posts like this anymore...

The general consensus among the pvp community is that the prune got rid of way too much control in the game and is the reason why we have such terrible pvp currently.

It honestly baffles me how I've lost well over 15 abilities from MoP and people like you still say there is "too much" control? MoP had the perfect amount of CC in my opinion....

I never saw the top rated players sit 30 second CC chains...I wonder why that was....maybe it could have been because they were good at the game.

Seriously OP what kind of game do you want?
There still is too much CC in the game. Play any other E sport type game. None of them have this type of CC. Heroes of the Storm,FF14, Star Wars etc have fun PVP and don't have all this CC spam wow has.
yea when i play as a healer you feel it the worse. always getting chain stunned, silenced, feared, sapped, etc.. sometimes i can't even do anything for like 30seconds and by the time it's all gone im dead. can't even run away either because im slowed or get death gripped or they charm you and walk you back to them.

even as a dps it's hard to peel for your healers when they just nuke them. there is only so much i can do with a pug group. it's not impossible to stay alive through it all though and kill the enemy there are a few times i lived at like 1% and those were some fun times
05/09/2017 11:49 PMPosted by Iyasra
There still is too much CC in the game. Play any other E sport type game. None of them have this type of CC. Heroes of the Storm,FF14, Star Wars etc have fun PVP and don't have all this CC spam wow has.

That's only because you're dealing with much less characters there...

Honestly without CC abilities some classes would be extremely vulnerable. What they need to do however is bring back counter abilities to CC. We used to have immunities to roots and slows, ways to get out of fear, ways to avoid CC attacks. Nowadays we lost most of those tools so we can't really do anything.
Wait...I dont know how some healers do it....Im instantly rooted, stunned, silenced, feared , nature locked , then rooted again and about 4 seconds later dead....

meanwhile some DB from my team hops around watching then complains "No heals ???????"

At 110 and below BGs are a giant healer *!%##!!# on the horde side...now my ally druid fares much better dont know why....its an ally dominated server probably the reason.

Ive said this before Tanks need a "guardian spell" like in SWTOR they can "guard" the healers take some of the damage off them and still fight....its not a complete block but it helps a lot in that game when 4-15 people are banging on you as a healer...just my opinion..
Casters have it pretty rough being susceptible to all that melee are, and then the additional silence and kick factor.

The most irritating thing for me when I'm healing is juking a BE DH's kick and then getting hit with the racial because hes too bad to actually kick me properly.

For the record I'm currently playing a rsham in pvp.
The reason I don't play PvP at all is because of how crazy the CC is. Everytime I encounter another player I'm stunned or something and dead within seconds. It's really not fun.

If it were more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPlZW0Apis

...then I'd probably play more often. I know a lot of people probably find that style of PvP boring, but to me it seems more like matching wits with an opponent instead of just jumping around in circles spamming stuns.
How about instead of sucking the flavor out of the control part of the game we ask for more ability to counter said control? Because I like cc and I feel like there is actually less cc this round or at least less effective.
I might be biased as a paladin, but others have cc as well as yourself. You also have ways of getting out of cc/snares/stuns.
05/10/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Thraxxis
Wait...I dont know how some healers do it....Im instantly rooted, stunned, silenced, feared , nature locked , then rooted again and about 4 seconds later dead....

meanwhile some DB from my team hops around watching then complains "No heals ???????"

At 110 and below BGs are a giant healer *!%##!!# on the horde side...now my ally druid fares much better dont know why....its an ally dominated server probably the reason.

Ive said this before Tanks need a "guardian spell" like in SWTOR they can "guard" the healers take some of the damage off them and still fight....its not a complete block but it helps a lot in that game when 4-15 people are banging on you as a healer...just my opinion..

Yes and I like that when you taunt an enemy player as a tank , if they don't attack you they do less damage to whoever they are attacking other then the tank
05/10/2017 10:40 AMPosted by Karnack
05/10/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Thraxxis

Yes and I like that when you taunt an enemy player as a tank , if they don't attack you they do less damage to whoever they are attacking other then the tank

I like the idea of "taunting being a CC type of use" ...use taunt and they all attack you....oh crap not another CC but yeah if the tank could handle it. I like that idea...
It's way. To overboard. Stun stun, slow, slow, slow, root stun. Oh look, I got something off. Rince, and repeat. The CC is way too spamable.
I wouldn't mind if they took a page from SWTOR pvp in that every time you are CC'ed in PvP you build up an endurance bar and when that is maxed you cannot be CC'ed again until it wears off.
05/10/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Rofflestomp
I wouldn't mind if they took a page from SWTOR pvp in that every time you are CC'ed in PvP you build up an endurance bar and when that is maxed you cannot be CC'ed again until it wears off.

Its called DR and its in game..
Too much CC in current pvp?

Never knew that Mace Specialization Warriors, Shamans and Rogues were back in play. Or that DR were removed and people could be banished, feared and poly'ed for hours on end. Not including snares and slows lasted their entire PvE duration again.

Dang. Must be rough now.