Healing in battlegrounds

Battlegrounds
Do you guys use an add on? Vuhdo?

If you do, doesn't it basically look like raid frames? But if you're looking at a raid frame and it's low health how do you know if the player is in range and not half way across the map?

Thanks
I just have nameplates turned on and click on the nameplates rather than the unit frames. You can turn off enemy nameplates if it helps.

I pretty much only use the raid frames to get a general feel of if another area on the map needs more help than where I am currently at.
I use vuhdo, helps a bit with what you mentioned of player range & direction.
Players in range are lit up.
05/18/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Crypticcross
I just have nameplates turned on and click on the nameplates rather than the unit frames. You can turn off enemy nameplates if it helps.

I pretty much only use the raid frames to get a general feel of if another area on the map needs more help than where I am currently at.

what the !@#$ is wrong with you
05/18/2017 07:03 PMPosted by Yaboycoop
05/18/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Crypticcross

thats how i heal too but i click each person's body, i think this is the best way

It's much more efficient than searching for targets in the raid frames, allows me to quickly use targeted CC on necessary targets, and lets me use mouseover interrupts very easily on my Shaman. Due to the global cooldown existing there isn't anything wrong with this method and I feel it's very easy on beginners. Not to mention it helps keep your attention on everybody's positioning.

Obviously you would want arena 123 or targeting macros when running arena though.
05/18/2017 07:27 PMPosted by Crypticcross

It's much more efficient than searching for targets in the raid frames, allows me to quickly use targeted CC on necessary targets, and lets me use mouseover interrupts very easily on my Shaman. Due to the global cooldown existing there isn't anything wrong with this method and I feel it's very easy on beginners. Not to mention it helps keep your attention on everybody's positioning.

Obviously you would want arena 123 or targeting macros when running arena though.

I've started to transition to your playstyle the only problem is it's hard to move my mouse from clicking my healing spells onto the name plates fast enough. Have any fixes?
05/18/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Yaboycoop
I've started to transition to your playstyle the only problem is it's hard to move my mouse from clicking my healing spells onto the name plates fast enough. Have any fixes?

I actually have a keyboard plugged in fortunately so I can't really help you there. Didn't realize it was a rare accessory.
I just made it raid frames and made it class colours and the ones out of range were greyed out, so I just click the lower HP bars and use my healz lolz
05/18/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Deshxx

thats how i heal too but i click each person's body, i think this is the best way

^ I do that plus I only play in first-person mode. Behind me? Sorry lemme just 180 real quick before I can heal you.
I also click to default nameplates, gets the job done.

When you've been doing it since... well, since starting this game, you get fast at it I guess.

But in PvE I DO use an addon.
I use Healium, works great for me.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/healium

"Healium is a World of Warcraft addon who's main goal is to simplify healing of party or raid members.

Healium provides a customizable and intuitive interface optimized to make it easy to heal. Healium allows you to place any spell, item, or macro onto buttons right next to each person's healthbar. The buttons will cast the spell on the person they are beside of, without the need for you to target the person first.

Player healthbars are compact and close to each other which reduces the amount of screen space you have to look over to monitor the party's health. The spell buttons are very close by, minimizing the space you have to move your mouse, and thus the time required, to cast the spell.

Unlike other healing focused addons, Healium does not require you to set up complex key combinations (shift, ctrl, and alt) to cast your spells. In Healium, you just click a healing button next to the person's health bar. There is no memorization of key combinations required. However, you may use the Clique addon with Healium if you would like to configure mouse and key combinations for some of your heals, to be used along with Healium's buttons."
used grid since wrath
05/18/2017 06:34 PMPosted by Meyka
Players in range are lit up.

and class colors.
That's really all you need to play whack-a-mole.
Grid + mouseover macros. You could be the best healer in the world, but you're still gonna be less efficient than someone who doesn't have to click a player, which adds a delay in getting heals out. If you use name plates to heal, you're gimping yourself. Why would you do that to yourself or your team mates?

Healium looks like an atrocious addon, and I've thought that for years. It looks like it would take up way too much of your screen. It might be okay for a 5 man or something, but I wouldn't recommend it in a battleground.

Grid can be made to whatever size you need it to be to heal efficiently. You can set it up so players are grayed out if they aren't within x amount of range of you, and you can see player's health deficit. If you couple this with keeping the mini map open, you can see where players are and call out if they need help if they can't do it for themselves.

I used to heal by clicking players and then hitting the spell, and I got pretty decent at it, but mouseover macros + grid changed the game for me drastically when I got it set up and got used to it. Sure, the inefficient way gets the job done. . most of the time. But with grid, you can figure out easily enough what spell is going to be best to manage that health deficit, and you don't have to play the "I Hope I click the right name!" game.
Healbot with spells bound to my mouse buttons, reaction is alot faster I find.
I just use the raid frames and mouseover macros when I'm on a healer in a BG. As said earlier if a player is in range the raid frame is brighter. I move the frames to low left center by the chat window, because it's an easy position for me.
I just use decursive. I have the raid frames below my character and use mouseover macros (I put them in my alpha keys.) I click the raid frames for the few spells I don't have macroed (my pvp spells, usually.)
I use ElvUI and clique for all healing purposes. If a player is out of range, their frame fades a bit.