1 Year

Battlegrounds
Legion has been out for a year and whats everyone's thoughts?
05/22/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Nuknfutz

i think you need to learn to count

I'm thinking it hasn't been a year. Unless you're including testing.

And my thoughts thus far is simple: my interest in WoW has waned some. This is the first xpac for me where that has happened.
Content is cool, Story is good, RNG is HORRIBLE!

Artifacts are cool, Artifact power is HORRIBLE!

Pruning was HORRIBLE idea

Class Balance is HORRIBLE

4 classes at 110, all are time sinks and have become more of a job then a way to have fun time.
I love it, they up the skill cap so I get to be much better than everyone else and since im the only person who is OP I dont have to worry bout being nerfed
Its not been a full year.

I am happy with the majority of Legion. Sure there are few things that I dont care for (not being able to buy pvp gear), but all in all...its been a good expansion and Ive enjoyed my time playing.
05/22/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Atuke

4 classes at 110, all are time sinks and have become more of a job then a way to have fun time.

Most of the issues you voice in this forum are l2p issues though...
Legion launched on Aug 30...if it's Aug 30 already I missed my birthday.

You still owe me a cake, though.
It's alright.
pve apparently better than ever
pvp pretty bad.
I rarely play arena but I heard it's pretty bad this xpac
RBGs are still fun definitely different from wod but still enjoyable

most classes are pretty boring to play though

And grass is green.
Not sure which of our unrelated comments are more relevant to his actual response but yeah...

I would go with grass.
Worse than WoD

* Patch 7.2, I'd take 5.1 over 7.2 and this "OH MY GOD BIGGEST PATCH EVER" hype that they tried to do, and it failed so fraking bad

* Legendaries, they tried to make WoW like Diablo 3 but they did it pre 2.0 (before they changed the loot system), oh you got a legendary, hope its not completely fraking useless.

* Gating, it's everywhere now

* PvP is at a all time low, remember when people use to do the little teenager qq with ashran "oh I got loot too easily", well guess what now we got this ****, I love getting nothing but rings and mother fraking trinkets. Don't even get me started how shafted pvpers got with the AP grind, guess what they have to do pve if they ever want to actually get good ap.

* Demon Hunters, I even have one and I was one of those people that was hoping for them to be in the game since BC, now that they are I just feel dirty playing one cause it's one of the most mongo classes I've ever played in my time playing WoW since 2005 (remember when DK were ridiculous in wotlk, and they got fixed pretty quickly, specially for their ghoul exploding form?). You can tell Blizzard is hurting for subs when they don't do anything to fix DHs compared to their previous two "new" classes mnks and dks

* Class Halls, aka garrisons 2.0 with other people in yo garrison. Didnt like them in WoD and now they are even more annoying

* Gear, oh you got that nice cool tier 19, oh wait it's not titanforged or warforged damn dude that sucks maybe you should play the waiting game next week or the next week after that or hell maybe a month from now if you're lucky.

Remember when patches had content that was released on that DAY?, remember when you just had normal gear and heroic?

You might say well man you seem pretty negative about WoW why are you still playing?, to answer that question I'm playing Swtor and WoW atm, hoping Blizzard actually gets their **** together, plus the new FF14 ARR expansion doesnt come out tell next month
05/22/2017 12:06 PMPosted by Doragød
05/22/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Atuke

Go away Mrs Ignorance
Feels pretty standard. I do play other games more than WoW though. I think that really changes your perspective about the game.

If WoW was the only game I played, I would probably be more critical about it.
Its good, the launch was great and pve has been good but pvp is not as good as bc or wrath at all. 6 or 7 / 10 . depends on the day.
The prevalence of moose is great. Everything else is lesser than before.
Hmm... Overwatch has been out for a year.
Im burnt out from the endless world quests, artifact grind, legendary farming.

Too much in game is out of my own control in terms of RNG or time gating. I remember farming a reputation would be something I would enjoy. Now its just world quest spam with no story and really no reason to care about the faction Im farming.

World pvp is a joke, Ive been legit 2 shot a few times. Feels like Im playing call of duty or something.

I cant pick up a new alt/spec without being months and 8000 world quests (and 2 legendaries) behind.

Titanforge isnt enough of a carrot to make me spend hours in PVE. PVE imo is so slow and generally boring to me

I basically just log in to do a few random BGs anymore.

Sub ends in like 2 weeks and Im not dropping 120k on a token. The price on them has become unreasonable. I have a lot of good books lined up I may get caught up on.

edit- I wrote this without reading all the comments, but Neganswrath is spot on with how I feel.
Worse than WoD. Blizz lost tons of subs during WOD

Forums always bash <insert random game here>. That being said, love it or hate it, Blizzard subs went up huge with the launch of Legion and in the end game as a business entity, that is all that matters.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13167592/world-of-warcraft-legion-subscriber-numbers-10-million

While Blizzard won’t talk specifics on subscriber numbers, it did share some impressive stats last month to boast about Legion’s launch. At the time, Blizzard said the expansion had sold 3.3 million copies by launch day, tying it with the franchise record set by 2010’s Catacylsm expansion. The company also said that it had reached a number of concurrent users logged on that it had not seen since the Cataclysm days.

It was around the time of Cataclysm’s release that World of Warcraft hit its all-time high of over 12 million subscribers, so in that sense it’s not unbelievable that the game could be back above 10 million.

It sucks.