New xpac = new dev team?

General Discussion
Does blizzard hire new developers for each xpac?

I am not confident the current team is the best option, not after WoD and now the many unfixed issues in Legion (D3 model of heavy RNG, not alt friendly, not spec friendly, failed legendary system, poor stat itemization, AK changes to make it impossible to max out a weapon, the complete lack of communication, the lack of trustworthiness within the community, the disconnect with the community, silent changes like the ilvl scaling and being caught in that lie, the promise of not changing traits so we did not waste ap only to have them changed - another deception)

This is not the team to lead WoW into the future.

When will the new team and leadership be announced?
your armory is lol.
Expecting a new development team to replace for the next expansion is like expecting our current POTUS to be impeached. It's unfortunately not gonna happen.
No.

The reason WoW has been changing so vastly since Wrath is because Jeff Kaplan left to work on Titan / Overwatch.

Jeff was an amazing and is an amazing dev who communicates daily with players, knows what players want and is a nerd not a lawyer like WoWs current lead dev.
05/22/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Confushissay
Expecting a new development team to replace for the next expansion is like expecting our current POTUS to be impeached. It's unfortunately not gonna happen.

Or viewing the academic records and college application of the previous POTUS to authenticate his country of origin he applied under.
Seeing that list and agreeing with everything in the brackets was really painful.
They don't hire new developers for each expansion, but some have decided to leave around the WoD timeframe. Whether that's completely of their own choosing isn't absolutely clear, but it's like the ringleaders have gone and we're stuck with just the clowns now.
05/22/2017 06:46 PMPosted by Deathchix
your armory is lol.

Yeah... What is wrong with your armory, that's a little strange.
your armory is lol.

Guessing it's a new armory glitch.
05/22/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Sylvian
your armory is lol.

Guessing it's a new armory glitch.

You're missing your... umm.. panties lol???
05/22/2017 06:44 PMPosted by Mîndfreak

I am not confident the current team is the best option, not after WoD and now the many unfixed issues in Legion (D3 model of heavy RNG, not alt friendly, not spec friendly, failed legendary system, poor stat itemization, AK changes to make it impossible to max out a weapon, the complete lack of communication, the lack of trustworthiness within the community, the disconnect with the community, silent changes like the ilvl scaling and being caught in that lie, the promise of not changing traits so we did not waste ap only to have them changed - another deception)

The current team is the trash thrown out from Diablo, and World of Warcraft was its dumping ground. The new Diablo team had to clean up the mess in that game from the devs that are now dumped on us to deal with its failures.

That's why with all the grinds, nerfs, gates, and fractally/recursively-layered RNG, this expansion became known as World of Diablocraft, because WoD (pun intended) was the dumping ground for the incompetence of the fired Diablo team.
your armory is lol.

Your face is lol

burnn!!!! *sizzle*

I am being sarcastic i am not trying to start any beef here.
your armory is lol.

Oh my...
05/22/2017 06:44 PMPosted by Mîndfreak

True
It also doesn't help that the lead developer (Ion, aka "Watcher") is a well-known liar that tried to pass stealth nerfs without our awareness, one of them being item-level scaling, literally defeating the purpose of progression. For example, when it went live, high-geared mythic raiders were having much more difficulty killing max-level mobs in the open-world than a freshly-dinged 110 in 805s.

Not only that, but lately, especially with 7.2, each patch/patch week has been incredibly buggy, even to the point of being game-breaking.
your armory is lol.
My proudest fap
05/22/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Confushissay
Expecting a new development team to replace for the next expansion is like expecting our current POTUS to be impeached.

Oh boy. Guess I'll bite.

This comparison is immensely stupid because the criteria for being impeached are extremely specific. Just because you don't agree with a POTUS's views doesn't mean they should or even can be impeached.

Richard Nixon was one of only two Presidents to be impeached, and was the only one to actually leave office early as a result of this impeachment, which was the Watergate scandal. Bill Clinton was the only other POTUS to be impeached, as a result of the whole controversy involving Monica Lewinsky, and did not leave office early as a result of his impeachment.

Neither Barack Obama nor Donald J. Trump, or any other President apart from the aforementioned two, did anything openly to call for impeachment.

So stop spewing garbage like this, please. It serves no purpose apart from derailing the thread. And the bait was admittedly good enough for me to take it.

Anyway, back to the thread... Part of me honestly agrees. I don't like where Legion has been going lately and Legion now currently makes me extremely bitter when discussing much of anything about this game.

This can obviously be fixed if the current dev team gets its act together, of course. Legion's still a hit. But many, many aspects of Legion are not.
I also wish for the patches to be better smoothed out, because with all these bugs with weekly quest and patch launches, it still feels like we're on the PTR.
05/22/2017 10:15 PMPosted by Néc
your armory is lol.
My proudest fap

Lol, talk about a topless club. More like a bottomless armory.
For god's sake put some clothes on OP...or not