So odyn is kinda bad huh?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Just read his lore and like, wow. He's not a good guy at all why do we help him in anyway?

I really feel bad for helya. Like she tried to stand up for her people and got royally screwed. This some nonsense.

Down with odyn 2017!

[Edited title due to language - Moderator]
05/15/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Lithe
He's not a good guy at all why do we help him in anyway?

It's either help him or have one less ally against the Legion.

Take your pick.
As stupid as this may sound to a lot of you... Odyn is the reason I refuse to level my warrior.
05/15/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Thallia
As stupid as this may sound to a lot of you... Odyn is the reason I refuse to level my warrior.

Level your hunter, tame Fenryr. Then wait.... your time will come...
Just read his lore and like, wow. He's not a good guy at all why do we help him in anyway?

I really feel bad for helya. Like she tried to stand up for her people and got royally screwed. This some nonsense.

Down with odyn 2017!

Odyn is awesome. He led the Titan armies when they defeated the old gods.

You aren't an old god lover, are you?
remember age of mythology?
I mean we've allied with a lot of people that you could consider "bad"
On the one hand, he was reallllllly inconsiderate of his subordinates' wishes.

On the other hand, he has a cool eyepatch-sorta-thing going on.

Needless to say I'm still on the fence.

Because he had the Aegis of Aggramar and Helya didn't.

Also her Kvaldir have caused chaos for Alliance and Horde since Wrath.

No joke, he is a major part of the reason I stopped playing my warrior. He is the most obnoxious character in WoW lore for me. Every other class gets to be a leader of a huge group of classic WoW figures and factions and as a warrior you're basically a glorified GI Joe while Odyn makes you fight for his amusement.

Seriously the worst.
05/15/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Kelvv

Take your pick.

I mean either way it comes down to it, we do all the hard work until the last boss of the xpac reaches one hp and then one important npc comes in and finished them off and the other npcs are all like "GREAT WORK IMPORTANT Npc YOU DID THIS AND SAVED THE WOOOORRRLLLDDD"

so we don't reaaalllyyy need him tbh. It could be anyone. Let's make it thrall for the fourth time instead.
05/15/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Lithe

Take your pick.

I mean either way it comes down to it, we do all the hard work until the last boss of the xpac reaches one hp and then one important npc comes in and finished them off and the other npcs are all like "GREAT WORK IMPORTANT Npc YOU DID THIS AND SAVED THE WOOOORRRLLLDDD"

so we don't reaaalllyyy need him tbh. It could be anyone. Let's make it thrall for the fourth time instead.

LORE WISE!
05/15/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Gatecreeper

No joke, he is a major part of the reason I stopped playing my warrior. He is the most obnoxious character in WoW lore for me. Every other class gets to be a leader of a huge group of classic WoW figures and factions and as a warrior you're basically a glorified GI Joe while Odyn makes you fight for his amusement.

Seriously the worst.

He's high key a terrible person. I dont blame you guys at all.

I'd recommend burning through the pain at least to 110 and then dropping it completely (don't even attempt to gear up) because otherwise when the next expansion comes around, you'll have to level up through Legion content anyway, and yeah, it will remind you of all the stuff you hate.
05/15/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Melaroi

Down with odyn 2017!

Odyn is awesome. He led the Titan armies when they defeated the old gods.

You aren't an old god lover, are you?

I mean i AM a shadow priest...
Odyn: Flaming beard, congratulates me on how well I stab people, gives me nice things

Helya: smells like tuna, tried to imprison my soul for all eternity even after I beat her requirements, doesn't give me nice things.

Down with odyn 2017!

I helped him for pathfinder. He promised me an achievement and he held up his end of the deal.
What are you talking about, Odyn is pretty cool.
05/15/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Averyx
What are you talking about, Odyn is pretty cool.

Have you read what he's done? He is horrible.

Take your pick.

Could have helped Helya...