So odyn is kinda bad huh?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Odyn is awesome. He led the Titan armies when they defeated the old gods.

You aren't an old god lover, are you?

I mean i AM a shadow priest...

Well then I'm pretty sure we can't trust you or that old god you carry around that whispers to you.

You should ask Odyn about it sometime. He'll probably forgive you :)

05/15/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Lithe
05/15/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Averyx
What are you talking about, Odyn is pretty cool.

Have you read what he's done? He is horrible.

I like Odyn because he's not 100% Lawful Good. Maybe he's made some poor choices but they've always been in the best interest of Azeroth.

Look at the Val'kyr now. Unlike Helya who chafed at the role and responsibility, it has now turned into something worthy of praise and prestige. Look at how glad Hyrja is to ascend. Look at an entire village full of vrykul women who want to become Val'kyr.

Helya was just too selfish to see the big picture. So she deliberately sided with Loken and the old gods and has actively been working to corrupt and destroy Azeroth ever since.

Does this make what Odyn did to her right? Well, no. Not for our sensibilities at least. But since then she's done a thousand times worse things to basically everyone she comes across.
If I had to chose between the Legion and Odyn, I would chose the Legion.

Well then I'm pretty sure we can't trust you or that old god you carry around that whispers to you.

Some thing out there is clearly trying to redeem me, because all I get now from talking to him is booted out of the Halls of Valor instead of dying.
Literally!!

Helya is more of a misunderstood good guy with some misplaced rage.

I'd have helped her against odyn any day.
05/15/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Frostscythe
05/15/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Kelvv

It's either help him or have one less ally against the Legion.

Take your pick.

Could have helped Helya...

How many Aegis of Aggramar does she have?
05/15/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Melaroi
I like Odyn because he's not 100% Lawful Good. Maybe he's made some poor choices but they've always been in the best interest of Azeroth.

Look at the Val'kyr now. Unlike Helya who chafed at the role and responsibility, it has now turned into something worthy of praise and prestige. Look at how glad Hyrja is to ascend. Look at an entire village full of vrykul women who want to become Val'kyr.

Helya was just too selfish to see the big picture. So she deliberately sided with Loken and the old gods and has actively been working to corrupt and destroy Azeroth ever since.

Does this make what Odyn did to her right? Well, no. Not for our sensibilities at least. But since then she's done a thousand times worse things to basically everyone she comes across.

This, Mel explained it very well.
For those that don't know what Odyn did... read his history here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Odyn

First he flips out that the rest of the Pantheon wants to make the Dragon Aspects and then he turns into a two year old, breaks off part of Ulduar to go pout in the sky... tells the Vrykul they need to be turned into Val'kyr to raise dead heroes, while Helya (who was a great help against the elemental lords) tried to talk him out of doing that... so Odyn just turns her into the first Val'kyr against her wishes and then forces her to do his bidding.

You tell me how that isn't a bunch of jerk moves from an egotistical, selfish butthead.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

When the final seals break and the God of The Deeps rises from the Sea bringing with him the return of the Black Empire, you'll wish you had our expertise.

The Legion is a lesser threat compared to the creatures that consume our world from within while we skitter about above their prisons thinking we're safe, thinking we've won.

The Titan Soul has already fallen, we've already loss! The Hour of Twilight was merely delayed. Make haste and finish the Legion. For terrors of the void are coming. Only in the heart of the sleeping city of Ny'alotha will you find your salvation.
I mean. Her name is Hell Yeah. What's not to like??
Maybe you just need to PROVE YOUR VALOR
I will say that Odyn was partially right about the dragons. All of them have fallen to corruption except Alexstrasza. Two became raid bosses, one was a dungeon boss and the last we killed questing in Val'sharah.

That said the Titan Watchers are not much better for being corrupted. That was basically the entire premise of the Ulduar raid.
I just can't be bothered with WoW mythology-it's patchwork at best. I did happen to read Neil Gaiman's new book on Norse mythos and it's quite good. Little know facts about that great wolf Fenrir, when he's not licking his wounds or having a scent of blood.

1.) He's one of Loki's sons.

2.) He kills Odin during Ragnarok.

After reading that book, I love running around HoV. Hell, that great speed boost on the bottom level is one of the most fun things I've done in the expansion.
Yeah, WE know he's a jerk

But our toons only know that Helya's tried to kill us ever since Wrath for pretty much no reason, meanwhile Odyn fights her and agrees to help us vs the Legion
Funny thing is Helya obeyed for a few thousand years. She gave Odin all that time to apologize and make amends. Then Lokie and the old gods got to her. She might of even made a deal to help us with Sylvanas but there is no way to know for sure. All we saw was a big shiney guy asking for help and gave us loot. Odin is not good, but he is really good at looking like he is.
He also lies to his minions.

Somewhere its stated by odyn that helya begged to be a val'kyr. When we know she didnt from lore has already stated.
I've "proven my worth" dozens of times AND defeated Odyn himself on two separate occasions. When is he going to prove himself worthy?
05/15/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Thallia
As stupid as this may sound to a lot of you... Odyn is the reason I refuse to level my warrior.

Lol, I never leveled my warrior much anyway .. y'all as a class feel to bland to me. But yeah, Odyn .. I'm just waiting to see how he falls.
I would have sided with Helya given the choice. I really don't like Odyn.

"Cleverness is nothing without strength of arms!" Yeah sure, let's ignore the countless heroes in fiction and non-fiction who succeeded with their wits rather than brute-forcing everything. Odyn is without a doubt the god of meatheads.
His character is probably the worst thing to happen (character wise) in WoW, the guy is annoying AF and I swear to god if I have to hear "prove yourself" one more time....it's like I am the fraking terminator while he's one of the **** talking bikers. I've seen him DO NOTHING to set himself apart of my godlyness (come on we've killed, demons, dragons/lich kings ect ect the list goes on)