So odyn is kinda bad huh?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
05/15/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Tadkins
I would have sided with Helya given the choice. I really don't like Odyn.

"Cleverness is nothing without strength of arms!" Yeah sure, let's ignore the countless heroes in fiction and non-fiction who succeeded with their wits rather than brute-forcing everything. Odyn is without a doubt the god of meatheads.

Careful, if you make the warriors angry you will have to call the paladins to come save you.
05/15/2017 02:05 PMPosted by Zorrya
Careful, if you make the warriors angry you will have to call the paladins to come save you.

Pfft, my main is a Blood DK.

Bring 'em on. Bring 'em ALL on.
Wouldn't be the first time a class had to do that.

*siiiiiiiigh....*
Shamans wield a shield that is crafted by Helya. Just look at the yellow flavor text on my artifact weapon/shield in the armory.
05/15/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Tadkins
I would have sided with Helya given the choice. I really don't like Odyn.

"Cleverness is nothing without strength of arms!" Yeah sure, let's ignore the countless heroes in fiction and non-fiction who succeeded with their wits rather than brute-forcing everything. Odyn is without a doubt the god of meatheads.

We're pretty good at being angry as well.
Helya is tragic, and all she did to deserve her curse was try to defend the needs and wants of her people, apart from what odyn was trying to force onto them because he was jealous of the dragon aspects.

Helya (After being a great asset against the old gods, and helping create the elemental plane) "Odyn, please, don't do this, no one wants this literally only YOU want this."

Odyn "Lol !@#$ Helya, you're first." -curses Helya-

Odyn "O thank goodness heroes, behold this evil sea hag, s he is evil and a hag!"

Us "wut omg we must kill her."

Odyn "MUAHAHAHAHAHA, Ahem- Great Job heroes you have saved the day."

Valkyr "... ... ... ... ... ... k."
He's not terrible. You all are judging a non human being on human morals. He was given command and supreme authority on Azeroth and thus everyone else is supposed to do what he says. That's cosmically ordained.
He's been a bro to me so, I can't complain.
05/15/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Tadar
He's not terrible. You all are judging a non human being on human morals. He was given command and supreme authority on Azeroth and thus everyone else is supposed to do what he says. That's cosmically ordained.

I mean im pretty sure basically enslaving your people, mortal or immortal, is p !@#$in evil. Then casting down people who actively disagree with you and then enlisting outside help to finish them off is p evil.

He runs around like he's some nice guy, but he's the biggest fukk boi this side of the Mississippi
05/15/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Tadar

Cept he was part of a council and the other like 5 members were against him.
05/15/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Lewdlady

Well then I'm pretty sure we can't trust you or that old god you carry around that whispers to you.

You should ask Odyn about it sometime. He'll probably forgive you :)

When the final seals break and the God of The Deeps rises from the Sea bringing with him the return of the Black Empire, you'll wish you had our expertise.

The Legion is a lesser threat compared to the creatures that consume our world from within while we skitter about above their prisons thinking we're safe, thinking we've won.

The Titan Soul has already fallen, we've already loss! The Hour of Twilight was merely delayed. Make haste and finish the Legion. For terrors of the void are coming. Only in the heart of the sleeping city of Ny'alotha will you find your salvation.
Welp, you helped me remember the one interesting part of this game's lore...old gods. At the same time being creepy. Good
Show.

When the final seals break and the God of The Deeps rises from the Sea bringing with him the return of the Black Empire, you'll wish you had our expertise.

The Legion is a lesser threat compared to the creatures that consume our world from within while we skitter about above their prisons thinking we're safe, thinking we've won.

The Titan Soul has already fallen, we've already loss! The Hour of Twilight was merely delayed. Make haste and finish the Legion. For terrors of the void are coming. Only in the heart of the sleeping city of Ny'alotha will you find your salvation.
Welp, you helped me remember the one interesting part of this game's lore...old gods. At the same time being creepy. Good
Show.

I mean based on some of the priest quest lines, it def feels like their could be an xpac featuring them coming real soon.

They've been much more active lately.
Odyns alright. That Vikings, however, are the lamest, most generic race in the game. I'm actually impressed they managed to make a cool concept like Vikings into such a pathetic sack of !@#$ race
05/15/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Thallia
For those that don't know what Odyn did... read his history here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Odyn

First he flips out that the rest of the Pantheon wants to make the Dragon Aspects and then he turns into a two year old, breaks off part of Ulduar to go pout in the sky... tells the Vrykul they need to be turned into Val'kyr to raise dead heroes, while Helya (who was a great help against the elemental lords) tried to talk him out of doing that... so Odyn just turns her into the first Val'kyr against her wishes and then forces her to do his bidding.

You tell me how that isn't a bunch of jerk moves from an egotistical, selfish butthead.

You're being a bit unfair to odyn here. He wasn't being a two year old about it. He thought the plan was quite flawed to give the dragons so much power, and frankly he was probably right.

Odyn is a military leader and strategist, this means he plans mostly in the long term. He didn't believe in the plan because Azeroth has to be protected at all costs no matter what anyone else think about the situation. If the old gods achieve corruption of the world soul there is no more reality.
How you see him as a two year old but not the other titan constructs when they flat out ignore the leader of the war against the old gods seems a bit unfair.

Odyn is also empowered by aman'thul which likely means he is possessed of some sort of foresight (like the mythical odin).

His worst crimes are indeed forcing Helya to do his bidding by transforming her into his valk'yr. This isn't exactly a good action but hes doing it to protect what needs protecting at any cost, existence itself.

So Odyn is a horrible person? Sure is. Sometimes though there are hard decisions to be made and someone hard to make them.
We certainly can use that eternal army of his now, while were facing down one composed of nigh unkillable demons.
05/15/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Lithe
05/15/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Averyx
What are you talking about, Odyn is pretty cool.

Have you read what he's done? He is horrible.

but... but... valor! Valorous valor!
05/15/2017 01:20 PMPosted by Lithe
Literally!!

Helya is more of a misunderstood good guy with some misplaced rage.

I'd have helped her against odyn any day.

No way. Just because Odin is not really a good person doesn't magically make Helya good. She's even worse. It may have originally been his fault as to why she's angry, but what she did with her anger is all on her.
05/15/2017 02:27 PMPosted by Cinan
So Odyn is a horrible person? Sure is. Sometimes though there are hard decisions to be made and someone hard to make them.

Like another poster and I alluded to, it's partially our own third millennium human sensibilities that make his choices seem worse than they are compared to the situation and setting that Odyn lives in.

If your day job was protecting all of creation from falling under the Void you'd have to make hard choices.

Which serves well to highlight how selfish Helya was about it all.
Odyn is also empowered by aman'thul which likely means he is possessed of some sort of foresight (like the mythical odin).

"The Legion tricked us! They are really attacking Shields Rest..."

That's some foresight lol
I mean, he is a jerk to Helya and to Skovald's family.

But he's also helping us fight the Legion. While Helya was making deals with them. So he's the lesser of two evils by a very long shot.

Plus, flaming beard, man. How cool is that?
05/15/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Tyaryx

"The Legion tricked us! They are really attacking Shields Rest..."

That's some foresight lol

Foresight does not mean omnipotence nor does it even mean you get to see things of the future that you want to see. It might simply be slight snippets of information that are useless without greater context.