RIP economy

General Discussion
for the player base sake please don't do this bliz
token sellers are in heaven
05/19/2017 02:27 AMPosted by Salthia
05/19/2017 02:25 AMPosted by Kurinka

What an insightful and enlightening post. Please don't elaborate, you've done such a good job already!

my guess is destiny being buyable with blizz balance meaning you can buy it with wow gold. once it drops the cost of tokens will skyrocket again.
Because Blizzard are totally going to give up the chance to make real money just so that some fake money in one of their games can be worth more real money, just because you asked.

I'm going to assume that you think that because Blizzard is partnering with Bungie to bring Destiny 2 to the Blizzard App, that WoW economies will be ruined as a result. They won't be. The market has a life of its own and people who mark up their goods to get more gold so they can buy more tokens will find that the goods they're trying to mark up wont sell.

Ultimately, the game will be fine. A spike in token prices sure, but that aside, there wont be a major impact.
too late?
I am gonna go out on a limb here and assume that blizzard never had the intention of making the token system a permanent replacement for people's subs. The goal I believe was to redistribute wow gold in hopes that with more people having gold they would be enticed to use it on gold sinks and thus reduce the overall gold in wow created by the wow garrisons.
05/19/2017 02:38 AMPosted by Carhagen

I'm going to assume that you think that because Blizzard is partnering with Bungie to bring Destiny 2 to the Blizzard App, that WoW economies will be ruined as a result. They won't be. The market has a life of its own and people who mark up their goods to get more gold so they can buy more tokens will find that the goods they're trying to mark up wont sell.

Ultimately, the game will be fine. A spike in token prices sure, but that aside, there wont be a major impact.

Except i thought that if the token doesnt sell bliz buys it?
05/19/2017 02:50 AMPosted by Bürgerkïng
05/19/2017 02:38 AMPosted by Carhagen

That's not how it works.
Not everyone is gonna buy this game, tokens shot up to 136k, then we're already under 125 few hours later. I suspect the market will be back to 100k or so soon.

Nope.

Once you put a token up for sale it sits in the system, indefinitely, until it sells and you will get the gold that the system said you were going to get when you put it up for sale. Even if the price lowers between when you put it up for sale and when it gets bought, it doesn't matter, Blizzard will make up the difference.
05/19/2017 02:29 AMPosted by Prizma
Blizzard voted Trump.

Do you just actively try to get downvoted?

Your behavior doesn't make much sense.
05/19/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Sevaira
I am gonna go out on a limb here and assume that blizzard never had the intention of making the token system a permanent replacement for people's subs. The goal I believe was to redistribute wow gold in hopes that with more people having gold they would be enticed to use it on gold sinks and thus reduce the overall gold in wow created by the wow garrisons.

Blizzard had the goal of making money. Don't worry, they are business, that's what a business does.

Blizzard took people who probably wouldn't even play anymore if they had to pay $15 a month, and turned them into $20 a month customers, subsidized by someone else who in turn gets gold for their money.

It means more subscribers than there would be otherwise and more money for each of those non-subscribed players. Replacing regular subs with token subs is actually a good thing for Blizzard. It's a financial win/win/superwin for them.
05/19/2017 02:55 AMPosted by Carhagen

Nope.

Once you put a token up for sale it sits in the system, indefinitely, until it sells and you will get the gold that the system said you were going to get when you put it up for sale. Even if the price lowers between when you put it up for sale and when it gets bought, it doesn't matter, Blizzard will make up the difference.

And just to be clear on the other side of that - Blizzard will not create tokens to put up without someone spending $20.
Well I for one only play WoW.
I have been on token time since it was put in game. I have a $5 credit. I will put $10 down for my July time. Then maybe go to August. If token hits the roof.
I will be done, so if you want my stuff contact me in game.
I really like playing the game.
I don't beleve the usage of this game should support other games that I don't play.
At first look the ability to add time by in game gold was a good move. Now it just is bad for this game.
Just to clarify, I started the game with the intention that I could play it for free. I have done it for a long time.
Thanks.
Have fun.
Untill then.
Edit for the post below me.
Thanks for the down vote.
Last tokens I bought.
110k, 97k, 97k, 49k, 49k, 49k, 37k, etc. 19k.
Speak for yourself.

WoW tokens make me rich.

With that money I then make Alchemist and Cooks rich by buying plenty of flask and food.

I then buy mats for my engineering alt and sell crafted items in turn for a higher price than it cost to make.

And the wheel keeps turning.
05/19/2017 06:54 AMPosted by Lewdlady
wheel keeps turning.

That only matters to the people on the rim.

<_<

>_<

Eh? Eh?