You're old school if you remember

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
05/16/2017 04:18 PMPosted by Yserastrasza
...and hunters buying arrows and bullets..ROFL....
1/2 way through a raid, "uh, guys?..............yeah..................i'm outa ammo........." "Really hunter, AGAIN!?"
05/23/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Quillanthos
05/23/2017 04:27 AMPosted by Angelicca
My first char was a lock. Farming shards sucked. Spend a couple hours farming for pvp then blow it all in 30 min.

Remember when locks had a semi-melee ability. They had a flame crystal or something that would cause their melee weapon to fire damage in addition to its physical damage.

The original firestone and spellstone, you equipped it as an offhand item; it was kind of pointless.
05/23/2017 10:40 AMPosted by Arkimus
"Gets new x-bow." "Excellent!" "Pulls bolt out of back of own head." "I really gotta work on that skill."

lol..I remember that. Had to run back to town to buy "bolts" and then put your arrows in bank next to your bullets in case the next weapon upgrade wasn't a crossbow.
No battlegrounds
How about buying up all the fire resistance gear off the AH regardless of the level requirement so your face wouldn't get melted in MC.
05/23/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Etun
No battlegrounds

Oooo!!! And then when they came out, having to use a portal to queue.

/quack
05/23/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Delarissa
You're old school if you ever mind controlled people off of LM as a rogue engineer.

I don't PVP at all anymore but I used to in vanilla. I remember doing Arathi Basin back in the day on my priest. The other team had a twinked rogue. We weren't going to win mainly because of that over-powered rogue but we made his life miserable. We got the entire team to retreat to the lumber mill. EVERYtime that damned rogue came up the hill me or another priest would MC him, use him to attack is buddies then throw him off the hill. Every. Damned. Time. Lost but had a blast.
05/23/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Quillanthos
You're old school if you ever mind controlled people off of LM as a rogue engineer.

I don't PVP at all anymore but I used to in vanilla. I remember doing Arathi Basin back in the day on my priest. The other team had a twinked rogue. We weren't going to win mainly because of that over-powered rogue but we made his life miserable. We got the entire team to retreat to the lumber mill. EVERYtime that damned rogue came up the hill me or another priest would MC him, use him to attack is buddies then throw him off the hill. Every. Damned. Time. Lost but had a blast.

OMG..MC was so much fun in bg's. I dished it out on my shadow priest and then got it dished to me on my hunter.

Between MC and psychic scream I had a blast in AB and was my favorite bg back then.
05/23/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Etun
No battlegrounds

Or battlegrounds with mine fields and archers on the path.

Or the "awesome" warrior patch - miss, block, dodge, miss, miss, your strike hits for 35, miss, miss, you die.
05/23/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Quillanthos

MCing people off the cliff was fun. MCing Horde on the Zep to UC off the Zep was even more fun =P
Spell levels... Why aren't my heals working like they use to? Oh I have lvl 2 rejuv on my bar instead of 4.
05/16/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Ornyx
05/14/2017 10:16 PMPosted by Logri
Those mobs out in Blasted Lands that couldn't be killed and didn't do a lot of damage... Stand still for a couple hours while I hit you.
This, but kiting them back to Stormwind so the guards could tank. ;)

Oh, I'd forgotten all about them. We ran into them once, long ago. Once I realized that we weren't hurting one another, I told the group to break contact north, while I held aggro, then ran south until they gave up. Later, I found the quest chain they were part of...

They were great for keeping weapon skill current, though.
I have a hunter I haven't played since bc.... still has an ammo bag full of engineer crafted bullets

And I miss my librams

And I miss that they got rid of warriors ranged weapon slot
not sure but has anybody said ... having dial -up !!! lol
For healing, using the lower level heal spells to conserve mana ( I would have 3 or 4 different level healing spells on my priest) then, Bliz got rid of that process I think in response to folks doing that (maybe not though)
when stormstrike actually just reset the cooldown on your autoswing
^.^
05/17/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Triggz

Onyxia attunement /sigh

Jailbreak.. one of the most painful chainquests of all time
Joining a 2 hour WSG down 2-1

and making a comeback victory.
i remember getting the Mallet of the Tides because I was the only tank in my raid who actually had 1h mace skills.
Don't know if it has been said, but for me... 5 min Pally buffs in 40 man raids..