A Pox on these toxic forums...

General Discussion
It sounds like your friends need a safe space forum. WoW may not be the game for them if that's the case. There should be some kind of My Little Pony MMORPG out there now...la
So.

Your friends looked at a minority of the WoW community. (Don't kid yourself, not as many people use these forums as you like to think.)

And they decided "Wow this whole community sucks." And you didn't tell them otherwise? Seems like your own fault really.
05/23/2017 07:14 AMPosted by Lewdlady
So.

Your friends looked at a minority of the WoW community. (Don't kid yourself, not as many people use these forums as you like to think.)

And they decided "Wow this whole community sucks." And you didn't tell them otherwise? Seems like your own fault really.

biggest problem with this forum community is when someone like this posts something like this and doesn't /drop mic!

And they should have because that is pretty much spot on!
I would've never bought WoW if i came to GD first. So sounds very believable to me. For example, this is one dude crying over AK nerf (1% damage nerf) and wants dev dead.
05/23/2017 02:41 AMPosted by Justweight
the devs responsible for this profound idiocy need to get hit by a bus.
Such a rotten community. I got used to it but i ain't one of them
05/23/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Tenchu
OP reminds me of something said of the community once upon a time...

"When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make. Until you face mobs of psychology, you will not see my side.

Until you see some bright-eyed player coming onto the forums wanting to know what they should spec as this class, and see them shat on and driven away by petty and selfish people who are simply leveraging for game buffs, you will not understand.

You will not understand until you have to see it daily, for years..."
- Tseric, Former Community Manager

I miss Tseric.

The forums are honestly less toxic than they were back in vanilla. It's mostly one complaint thread after another now and that's tiring all on it's own.
Good thing the forums stopped them. Had they seen trade chat, they'd have run screaming.
I can remove that pox for just 5 million gold, also available in 5 easy payments of 1.2 million gold each. Don't delay, act today!
05/23/2017 06:14 AMPosted by Noch
I had 5 potential subscribers ready to create accounts and start playing....

Then they went to the General Forums to get a feel for the game community... such a shame.

Pretty sure you are lying, however tell them to get some thicker skin!
Are you a door-to-door WoW salesman?
05/23/2017 06:19 AMPosted by Maljinwo
Who goes to the official forums in order to test a game?

People who fail to understand the nature of gaming forums as gatherings of armchair (insert general occupation here).
If anyone here believes the OP please come and find me on my server, i have an amazing business opportunity involving a distant long lost relative.
05/23/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Snòòp
But can you imagine had they created a character on some realms that start with R?

OR started and ended with a P LOL
05/23/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Virus
If anyone here believes the OP please come and find me on my server, i have an amazing business opportunity involving a distant long lost relative.

i'm listening................
What are you hiding?
I've never been in a game forum where people were not passionate to a point of sometimes crossing the line.

That said, it's generally accepted that only a small portion of the user base in a game posts in the forums. Given that we have a larger community in a game that has been around for 12 years it's more likely to happen here.

If someone is basing the game on the opinion of someone else without even giving the trial a chance, well, I don't know what to say to that. To go a step further, if you are recommending the game to a friend and they don't join because the forums, then they must not trust your opinion and wonder why you waste your time playing.

The best way to get a friend to join is to get them to try the game on a server that you play on so you can guide them through and help them learn the game. You can even warn them that the forums are sometimes a shark pool, try the game and draw your own opinion!
05/23/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Snòòp
But can you imagine had they created a character on some realms that start with R?

OR P LOL

Yeah i would think they would have that whole deer in the headlights look like wtf is going on here.

Our community is not the local watering hole in your city. we are gamers from around the world. we thrive on a fantasy. If someone cant handle our RL personalities on the forums, can you image them in an RBG or Raid? Worst part is that in time they would have seen that these are some of the greatest people in the world and some of the best friends you can ask for. Too bad OP didnt explain that to them.
05/23/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Virus

I would, but I sent all my money to a Prince in Nigeria. Perhaps when my check from him comes in I will take you up on that! I would explain more, but I have to catch up on my 6 hours of reality shows and Fox news!
05/23/2017 06:14 AMPosted by Noch
I had 5 potential subscribers ready to create accounts and start playing....

Then they went to the General Forums to get a feel for the game community... such a shame.

It is a shame that Blizzard has let this game become such a mindless, unrewarding mess that attracts the community it now has.

Guilds are a joke, organized raiding is a joke, professions are a joke... seriously what in this game is "worth" obtaining?

RNG legendaries? lol
05/23/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Searik
05/23/2017 06:28 AMPosted by Phumbles

Nah, GD is worse than anything in game. By a lot.

You must have trade chat turned off
I like to drink pickle juice...