How is Sin AOE next patch?

Rogue
Better? I never much saw the point in specs that can't really give good AOE yet do similar single target than specs that do insane AOE.
Kinda my question too tbh. I don't think it's possible for it to be as bad as it currently is. But being able to use poison other than agonizing will add a bit to it at least.

That is the issue I have run into on my rogue. Sub does enough burst that I don't feel bad about using it for anything other than bosses and high m+.... But single target sin just blows it away. 6 traits lower and only 1 ilvl higher than my sub set my assassin still does 100k more single target sustained easily. Kinda broke a bit. Not sure if agonizing poison getting removed will make up for any of it though.
Outlaw will be the spec for aoe while delivering solid st DPS. Sin will remain to be top ST dps iirc, but I never had an issue with sin aoe anyway.
So people don't take issue with Sin joining groups for M+?
05/29/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Shukaku
So people don't take issue with Sin joining groups for M+?

I been doing M+ for months and hadn't had any issues meeting DPS demands and typically am top damage as sin.
Sin AOE will be exactly the same because Toxic Poison which replaces Agonizing Poison, only hits 1 target increases Poison damage dealt by 30%.

There is also no word if they will be increasing Deadly Poisons current damage.

Our AOE continues to be Strongly reliant on RNG, and the cloak, but I do hope this changes. We have provided Blizzard with a lot of suggestions.

Deadly Poisons is not an effective AOE as it does a low amount of damage over time, Fan of Knives only deals normal damage with a 30 stack Lege cloak which takes 60 seconds to charge, choosing DFA would make our energy regen next to nothing.
05/29/2017 05:56 PMPosted by Phay
Sin AOE will be exactly the same because Toxic Poison which replaces Agonizing Poison, only hits 1 target increases Poison damage dealt by 30%.

There is also no word if they will be increasing Deadly Poisons current damage.

Our AOE continues to be Strongly reliant on RNG, and the cloak, but I do hope this changes. We have provided Blizzard with a lot of suggestions.

Deadly Poisons is not an effective AOE as it does a low amount of damage over time, Fan of Knives only deals normal damage with a 30 stack Lege cloak which takes 60 seconds to charge, choosing DFA would make our energy regen next to nothing.

Sin aoe is about to get stronger than before dues to the buff that deadly poison and fok damage, so should be up overall. Less hassle to worry about swapping out poisons at least because I always forget to.
Make poison bomb an AoE finisher
05/29/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Shukaku
Better? I never much saw the point in specs that can't really give good AOE yet do similar single target than specs that do insane AOE.

Rogues do crap AoE and only comparable ST because we are mechanic sponges. We are one of the few, perhaps even the only class that is NECESSARY in a raid. This is how they justify Warlocks, Ret and DKs doing 5times our AoE while still comparing to our ST.

That is where the Rogue class has ended up over the years of changes. We hands down have the best survivability and utility toolkits out of all the DPS classes so somethings gotta give.
From my testing on the PTR, it's still a joke.

using the 5 test dummies in rogue order hall. 1.2m to 1.6m and thats using the cloak a high crit set and about a 2 minute fight.

with out using my aoe set and a straight ST set, was low. lucky to break 1m.

Proc poison bomb or suck is still in effect when it comes to aoe.

Edit: would like to say its not much better with TOS 4pc set bonus also.