All 18 warrior legendaries! How i did it...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I have gotten 8/10 of my spec legendries. I still don't have my BiS which is the belt. Any advice on getting this?
05/18/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Roxette
05/18/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Melaroi

Data suggests that non-repeatable content builds BLP faster than stuff you can spam like M+ or normal dungeons.

BLP maybe only comes into play when you get a actual drop as well, not just a chance at a drop for these. So if you kill 50 dungeons bosses and get no drops then you get no blp in terms of a legendary.

There actually could be two separate BLP's going on for some content. One for getting a drop and one for getting a drop that is legendary. And maybe that is why emissaries are so good because you get a drop each time. I have run probably over 30 normal dungeons this expansion for professions and class campaigns and I rarely get anything from them. Normal is just pitiful in terms of drops.

BLP comes into play when a legendary drop fails to happen. This we do know. In regards to the multiple BLPs going on at once, that's a very good question but i feel (personally) this isn't the case. There has never been an instance of any kind of BLP in terms of "normal" loot drops. Although it has been requested many times over the years lol. Not saying you are wrong of course just that i don;t believe this is the case. :)
What happens when you proc another leggo drop?

The game explodes and the end credits roll.

Are you building BLP for future leggos? The new ring will pop as soon as you kill something post 7.2.5
Today I dropped 5k shards on some boots on my warrior and got a legendary. I was kinda pissed to be honest. As I did not know they could come from shards but they did.

That can be good and bad, as if I were to known I might of reserved my shards for other items.

They can come from anywhere pretty much and BLP is a stale binding rule, meaning it never changes.

You open up a box it goes up, you turn in shards it goes up, you open a chest it goes up, you open a bag it goes up.

Opening up a mythic +10000 chest will make your BLP go up the same as opening up a cache on the broken isle
05/18/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Azuremi
I have gotten 8/10 of my spec legendries. I still don't have my BiS which is the belt. Any advice on getting this?

The only way atm to target a specific legendary is through the relinquished tokens on the broken shore. They cost 5k nethershards and whetever slot you pick has a chance to be a legendary for your current spec. The chance seems to be very low. I have a sample size of just over 100 with no legendaries gained. However they can drop pretty good loot (check out my trinket! i love it!), so you can end up getting a nice piece of gear while trying for a legendary!
05/18/2017 03:52 PMPosted by Caligreen
What happens when you proc another leggo drop?

The game explodes and the end credits roll.

Are you building BLP for future leggos? The new ring will pop as soon as you kill something post 7.2.5

I have no idea lol! I plan on not changing anything at all (still running all the same content and farming boxes and rares) and seeing how quick i get the new ring being added next patch. That will be a month of BLP (assuming it still accumulates for me now) and we will see what happens! lol
Grats buddy!
WQs completed: 8552

I have 32 legendaries on 11 characters.

Twice in one night a character of mine did get a legendary on completing a world quest. I'd only be half-joking to say the legendary dropped off a murloc.

My recommendation is to always loot the trash. Don't tell yourself you're too busy and need to gogogo. My resto shammy got a BiS healing legendary off trash in LFR.
I just checked out your profile and youre the most complete account I have ever seen. Good god man that takes some dedication. Practically every faction is exalted and all the mounts you have O.O Im so jealous.
05/18/2017 02:14 PMPosted by Roxette
You actually don't know if they actually made that breakdown - they could have just grouped mythic/mythic plus dungeons together and all raids together, there may not have been that fine of a breakdown.

And they could be considering all raids to be more difficult than all dungeons.

They can come from anywhere, with more difficult content having a higher likelihood of dropping them (for equivalent time spent)
In order of difficulty it goes

Opening a chest>Killing a mob> Emmisary>Normal Dungeon>Heroic dungeon>Mythic Dungeon>Mythic+>LFR>Normal Raid>Heroic Raid>Mythic Raid.

The answer is simple guys. How is this so hard to get? The harder the thing, the greater the chance.

If that was true, though, I shouldn't have gotten most of mine from doing regular world quests for emissaries.
05/18/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Xarik
8,000 WQs? are you insane?

He's "Insane in the Membrane " :)

Gwatz Op
Wow.

My napkin math on 99 days played puts you at just shy of 9 hours played per day *every day* since launch. That's intense.

I've put in 100 days plus as a Warrior per expansion, except WoD. This is a five hundred day plus character /played. But man, you must've put in a hell of a lot of time.
05/18/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Suzyruzy
I just checked out your profile and youre the most complete account I have ever seen. Good god man that takes some dedication. Practically every faction is exalted and all the mounts you have O.O Im so jealous.

Thank you friend! I do take pride in my account. Iv'e mained this warrior for a very very long time now lol.
Op... what do you do for a living to be able to afford a 9-10 hour average play time per day?
Grats quite a feat.

This kinda makes the claims during launch week that it would take years to get all the Legendaries kinda funny.
05/18/2017 01:20 PMPosted by Fightox
Hello GD! Ox here, and this morning i received my 18th legendary on this toon. I wanted to post all the info (i haven't seen a post quite like this yet) i had gathered to hopefully help some1 struggling to find their third or even second! This will be a long post so i will include a TL;DR at the end if you wanna skip to that. :)

First off, this is in no way meant to be a brag post (look at me i have no life!), it is simply a way of sharing my experiences when collecting these items. I cannot, in any way, guarantee you a specific legendary or even one at all. What i can do is share my info that i have gathered through personal data and form speaking to many players that have 13+. Any questions asked i will try and answer. I will also edit this post as needed.

So a few statistics about me. The following info will be from the moment i collected the 18th.
Time played: 99 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes, 2 seconds.
WQs completed: 7,955
Paragon rep caches opened: 50
AP: 53 MS. (2 points in concordance), 45 OS.
Raid content completed: Check my profile for this one!
Dungeon content: Every mythic dungeon cleared just about every week since launch week. At least 2 M+ a week (very rarely more)

So what exactly can drop a legendary? I get this question alot followed by "I do my daily cache everyday!". Well my friend, you are only scratching the surface!

Raids! Every boss in every difficulty has a seperate chance to drop one. That's LFR through mythic. Regardless of current tier.

Dungeons! Normal through mythic. Each boss is a seperate chance. M+ is diff though. The chests at the end each act as one boss in terms of drop rate. So if you 3 chest a dungeon that's 3 chances at a drop.

PvP! Every random bg, rated bg, and arena match has a chance. Not sure if you need to actually win but it does seem so.

Misc! Daily cache. Paragon rep cache. Blingtron 6k. World bosses (both the normal one and the broken shore ones are seperate). The small random chests in each zone (the ones that can drop AP tokens or resources). The wyrmtongue chests on the broken shore. The bags that you get for turning in 100 war supplies on the broken shore. Rare mobs on the broken shore (the green skulls on your map). Relinquished tokens (from the broken shore vendor). Weekly M+ order hall chest. The rare elites out in the world (this is only affected the first time you kill them, ty for reminding me Mailborn!)

So as you can see, there is a wiiiiide selection of farmable drop sources. The next thing we need to talk about is BLP (bad luck protection). Each time you loot anything that can drop a legendary, the game checks to see if you looted one. If you did, grats! enjoy your sephuz! :-p If you did not, an (unknown) amount of BLP is awarded to you. We do not know the exact amounts of BLP you get but with the info at hand we do have a pretty good idea.

Raids: Each raid boss (including both world boss types) seem to award the same BLP amount. I can find no difference in regards to difficulty. A mythic boss has just as much chance and BLP addition as a boss from LFR.

Dungeons: These seem to be affected by difficulty. A nomrla dungeon giving a small chance and BLP and a mythic giving a high chance (high being a relative term). M+ has the same chance as a normal mythic (regardless of +level) but with a catch. You only get that chance and BLP per chest you open at the end. I'll give an example.

We will use Halls of Valor. HoV has 5 bosses. Each boss you loot has a chance at a legendary and gives you BLP if you do not get one. Even if you 3 chest HoV in M+ you will at most only have 3 chances at a drop. Each chest will give BLP however. So we can conclude (unless you are spam running) M+ is not the best way to farm legendaries in terms of raw chance. If you run all 12 mythic each week you have 55 chances at a legendary! 12 m+ only yield you 36 chances (at most). You would have to 3 chest 18 M+ to get the same effect as 12 "normal mythics".

Misc: Each one of these seems to have the same chance and BLP as a normal or heroic dungeon boss.

There is also a theory that has been discussed in length on WQs and legendaries. Now you cannot get a legendary just form completing a random WQ. However, there does seem to be some connection between WQs completed and legendary count. Of all the ppl i have discussed this with. The ones who have alot of WQs completed (5k+) also have the most legendaries. No hard info here just some food for thought lol.

So with this information, you can take the time you have to play each day/week (which may not be much), and plan your attack (so to speak) on collecting your legendaries. Only have a little bit of time? Do you daily cache and maybe your heroic daily or farm a few chests in the world. Have alot of time? Do it all! :D

I really do hope this post helps some1 out who maybe was a little lost. Again, I will try and answer all questions posted and edit this post as needed. So if you think i missed something speak up!

TL;DR Raids (of any difficulty), followed by "normal mythics" is the best way to get a drop and build up your BLP.

Edit: In regards to the RNG and "luck stat". Yes in the end it's purely RNG. However, with the knowledge of how BLP works and how to accumulate it quicker, we can make manipulate (in a sense) that same rng, making it less painful when going for the drops.

cool i guess but maybe do something more productive you can only use 2...
05/18/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Pallymcbeal
Op... what do you do for a living to be able to afford a 9-10 hour average play time per day?

Motivated stay at home dad! :D
05/18/2017 06:11 PMPosted by Fightox
05/18/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Pallymcbeal

Motivated stay at home dad! :D

Does your wife have a single sister?
Grats, and cheers for the info mate
<span class="truncated">...</span>

BLP maybe only comes into play when you get a actual drop as well, not just a chance at a drop for these. So if you kill 50 dungeons bosses and get no drops then you get no blp in terms of a legendary.

There actually could be two separate BLP's going on for some content. One for getting a drop and one for getting a drop that is legendary. And maybe that is why emissaries are so good because you get a drop each time. I have run probably over 30 normal dungeons this expansion for professions and class campaigns and I rarely get anything from them. Normal is just pitiful in terms of drops.

BLP comes into play when a legendary drop fails to happen. This we do know. In regards to the multiple BLPs going on at once, that's a very good question but i feel (personally) this isn't the case. There has never been an instance of any kind of BLP in terms of "normal" loot drops. Although it has been requested many times over the years lol. Not saying you are wrong of course just that i don;t believe this is the case. :)

No they introduced bad luck protection on raid drops I think back in MoP already. It may have been restricted to bonus rolls though.

Here's a link with some info on it

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2vmy3j/if_you_fail_a_bonus_roll_what_of_an_increased/

from the 5.3 patch notes.

Raids

Bonus rolls, Treasures of the Thunder King, Amber Encased Treasure Pouch, Cache of Mogu Riches, and Dividends of the Everlasting Spring now have a small chance to award a larger than usual amount of gold.
Bonus Roll
Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.