Warcraft movie

General Discussion
WOnder if there will be another movie about Warcraft?
i hope not.
The director is waiting to hear from Legendary last I read.
He has said he would love to start working on the sequel.
But has to wait for the production company to give the ok first,
I hope so.

Hopefully the next one is better too
It's going to turn into resident evil movies
I'm hoping they do :) Even if the first movie wasnt the best it was still fun to watch imo. I'd love for them to do a movie on the reign of chaos/frozen throne storyline.
hope so, I liked the movie...could have saved some budget on semi known actors.

also it played well outside the USA....Bliz missed the boat for a profit on a wow movie in the USA by around 10 years. not to mention all the flak from WOD sucking
I think the movie would have done better with just wc1 lore in mind, and not everything that they built on. The problem was the movie was too complicated for newer viewers based on the reviews. Also if they followed the original lore it probably would have gone over a lot better since essentially the bad guys win in the first game... which is something new and would cause more stir for the sequel when the remnants of Stormwind sail north for allies.
I heard they planning make a game based off that movie
05/25/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Seger
I heard they planning make a game based off that movie

No way
I liked it. Wasn't the best movie in the world but it was worth watching at least once.
It was a domestic bomb which means it is very unlikely that they will make more despite its strong Chinese box office.
The worst part of the movie was the casting. It's a shame when I feel like the orcs were better actors than the human counterparts. Honestly, King Llane was absurdly bad. The actor playing, Lothar, didn't convince me either. They'd need a new actor for Lothar if they were to do a sequel. I just don't think he can pull off the warrior King role. You need a, Patrick McGoohan (played Longshanks in Braveheart.) Someone with stage presence and depth.

As for a sequel? I kind of doubt it. The movie would have had to do phenomenally in the US to garner a sequel. There just wasn't much domestic support for the film.
I'd love one that didn't feel slavish devotion to the "orcs vs humans" thing. I mean, it's been WORLD of Warcraft for 12 years or more.

Parallel stories of Thrall and Arthas would be my vote. Skip the second war entirely, and get to the third war. Paladins, Shamans, Rogues...more representatives of the classes, and more races covered.

The audience has moved past "Orcs vs Humans" a decade ago...it's a shame Blizzard hasn't caught up yet.
It prob won't unless they get Chinese Investor since it really was a terrible movie with alot of potential. But as all video game based movie it's just not the type of art form for that kind of consumption,so let's hope it was a one and done and they just stock with the books.
I hope so, if only to make Rob Kazinsky happy.
05/25/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Palantyr
I'd love one that didn't feel slavish devotion to the "orcs vs humans" thing. I mean, it's been WORLD of Warcraft for 12 years or more.

Parallel stories of Thrall and Arthas would be my vote. Skip the second war entirely, and get to the third war. Paladins, Shamans, Rogues...more representatives of the classes, and more races covered.

The audience has moved past "Orcs vs Humans" a decade ago...it's a shame Blizzard hasn't caught up yet.

This i think, but even later. Set it during one of our in game moments, give us wrath as a movie. Something like that i would have been way more excited for.
Most likely, the movie made a ton of money overseas, they wont let that money just slip away.
I heard that they pruned the actors and nerfed the camera crew.

/quack
I actually liked the movie but had extremely low expectations.

Good place to start, and the thing with CG movies is they get cheaper as you go on.

Nobody gives a crap about the Transformers franchise but its cheap as dirt to make and the effects bring just enough people to keep it going.