Who is responsible for loot in Legion?

General Discussion
I'm just curious, as to who is behind one of the worst and unrewarding loot systems in MMO history.
The Random Number Generator.
So, Celestalon? It's not Holinka.. Hrmm... Ion?

WHO?!

I want to know my enemy.
It's nice watching someone get an item you need, from your key - watch them d/e it and all you get is AP.
05/23/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Wontstop
I'm just curious, as to who is behind one of the worst and unrewarding loot systems in MMO history.

Agree , worst by far , c'mon developers !
I don't know but I'm sure WITSEC won't help you.
Once you find out, what will you do?
The things dropping the loot. They wanted to have some way to get back at whoever kills them.
05/23/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Invéin
It's nice watching someone get an item you need, from your key - watch them d/e it and all you get is AP.

That's just how pugs work.

Find a guild and run with them. My guild shares unwanted loot. If you run with someone it's common courtesy to offer unwanted loot cause the favor could be returned in the future.

ahh, nothing like specifics.
05/23/2017 03:49 PMPosted by Wontstop
So, Celestalon? It's not Holinka.. Hrmm... Ion?

WHO?!

I want to know my enemy.

Jaina. She's a Dreadlord.
Vanilla was worse. You could go a whole raid cycle and never even see tier for yourself. Unless you were super cool with the loot council/guild leadership. Take them rose tinted glasses off sir, they're clouding your vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjNFJ-PP7aY
05/24/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Kithelle
Vanilla was worse. You could go a whole raid cycle and never even see tier for yourself. Unless you were super cool with the loot council/guild leadership. Take them rose tinted glasses off sir, they're clouding your vision.

They'd all rather believe RNG never existed in this game.
05/23/2017 03:49 PMPosted by Wontstop
I want to know my enemy.

Its your own petulant mind.
No. Fix this blizz. TF AND WF made the RNG already present, unbearable. The RNG I'm currently getting screwed by is the worst I've ever experienced. I have killed Chromatic Anomaly and Gul'dan so many times I'm sick. I have never had drop for me though, a whispers or an erratic metronome. The ones I have, are gifts from nice strangers. I've seen a guildie get 3 in a week, hell one of our raiders who was playing a mage for fun on the side got a 900 whispers..from a chest.

Downvote if you want, they need to fix this. I played in Wrath and Cata and didn't have this much trouble getting gear after months of running content. I am still 893 and all my other guildies were lucky enough to get 900 titanforge tier, or kick !@# 890-900 trinkets, and are sitting at 903+ All because of luck. I use my bonus rolls, I do my LFR and normal, and heroic. I however, keep getting useless pieces of gear, gold, and artifact power. For WEEKS. From chests, raid bosses, mythics, just useless bs. I barely want to log in anymore. What's' the point. Go back to the old way with it's different gear for different difficulty so to cut down on thee RNG or something. This is not working.

Loot is tradeable in Mythic+. That's not an issue.
Yeah, it's terrible. Itemization is a joke. Even after their "fix" from a few patches ago, players are still not using ilvl upgrades (especially jewelry...) because of how unbalanced stats are for different specs. RNG on top of even more RNG. Upgrades are few and far between. Consistently getting ilvl upgrades that are downgrades in power. It's not fun or rewarding.
05/24/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Beraht

Loot is tradeable in Mythic+. That's not an issue.

Except when they can't trade it even if they'll never use it because it's a downgrade even at +20 ilvls due to being a ring/amulet.

AMEN brother. Deterministic loot game the game depth... and an exciting, achievable goal.

This RNG crap is for crap... and is the very best Ion and the other Elitist Jerks remnants can offer. I look forward to a changing of the development team at Blizzard.