Toxic players

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
What did you do, not even read the dungeon journal before going in? At some point you have to take some responsibility. Nobody cares that "you've been here since early day 1" we only care if you're gonna drag us down in a group or not. And since you didn't read the dungeon journal and can't even remember where you went in a small, circular dungeon... Sounds like you're a ball and chain.

Heck they ressed you a few times, they were being nice. But you apparently needed babysitting.
Sorry about your experience. As a healer in random bgs life isn't a field of daisies either, but hey in the end there are good days and there are bad.

Hopefully if you come back it'll be a good day. =)
Given that in my guild about the only person that runs dungeons or raids at all is me, I have run a crapton of LFD and LFR since they were put into the game. I can count on one hand the number of truly awful experiences I have had. The vast majority are silent and get completed with little trouble. The ones that are awful are really bad but fortunately there are very few.
05/11/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Dregar
This is what is wrong with this game. The player base is full of selfish, jackasses.
I'm never coming back to this game and it's community.
Pugs can be awful. Best to do content with your guild friends.
05/12/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Nayaga
Pugs can be awful. Best to do content with your guild friends.
If blizzard started actually punishing people for being toxic this wouldn't even be a problem. People are openly toxic because they can get away with it.
Toxic players in just about every game. Its a shame.
Without a doubt the best players I've ever, ever played with was in Star Wars Galaxies. After that closed and they started the SWGEmu it was still good folks. Had some computer work done and it wiped everything so I've yet to reinstall it again so probably about close to a year since I've played. Last time I was on it was like night and day from wow. I've played alot of games in my gaming lifetime and the SWG folks I loved. Didn't matter if you were Empire or Alliance after huge city battles we'd stick around after and say "good job" to the winners and chat for a bit. Good Folks and now to go dig out my cd's. :)
I'm sorry you had a poor experience.

Random groups are a really strange balance of reluctant cooperation and mob mentality. If people always had guildmates online to play with, LFG/LFR wouldn't be necessary. These are not the people you choose to play with, but you need them to succeed. So the group has a very tenuous, borderline hostile atmosphere and there's no loyalty or reason to help one another beyond the bare minimum.

Players will choose the overall most efficient path toward a goal, that's just how people are generally wired. It's more time efficient and requires less effort just to kick someone and roll the dice on another random than it is to be helpful. It's not right, but it is more efficient. I remember noticing this shift in attitude when they introduced LFG back in Wrath.

Unfortunately there's not a fix for it. You either learn the dungeon by going with guildmates, or you learn it by bashing your face against it with randoms until you figure out the pattern. It's what LFR/LFG has turned WoW into. :(
05/12/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Sorina
I'm sorry you had a poor experience.

Random groups are a really strange balance of reluctant cooperation and mob mentality. If people always had guildmates online to play with, LFG/LFR wouldn't be necessary. These are not the people you choose to play with, but you need them to succeed. So the group has a very tenuous, borderline hostile atmosphere and there's no loyalty or reason to help one another beyond the bare minimum.

Players will choose the overall most efficient path toward a goal, that's just how people are generally wired. It's more time efficient and requires less effort just to kick someone and roll the dice on another random than it is to be helpful. It's not right, but it is more efficient. I remember noticing this shift in attitude when they introduced LFG back in Wrath.

Unfortunately there's not a fix for it. You either learn the dungeon by going with guildmates, or you learn it by bashing your face against it with randoms until you figure out the pattern. It's what LFR/LFG has turned WoW into. :(

Simply put its blizzards fault for not policing this behavior and encouraging. There is no report button, there is no punishment.
05/11/2017 04:05 PMPosted by Zeekmanqt
git gud

LMFAO!!!
Simply put its blizzards fault for not policing this behavior and encouraging. There is no report button, there is no punishment.

And thank God for that. It's way too easy to abuse it by reporting anyone whether or not they actually did anything wrong just because you're angry. Being kicked for being a !@#$ player or doing low dps isn't a reason for reporting and you know people would use it for that.
05/12/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Maveesa
And thank God for that. It's way too easy to abuse it by reporting anyone whether or not they actually did anything wrong just because you're angry. Being kicked for being a !@#$ player or doing low dps isn't a reason for reporting and you know people would use it for that.
That's only a problem if blizzard used an automated system, if blizzard had actually humans who could check logs then the right people would be banned.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754825524

I even made my own thread on this. Absolutely hilarious!
"Dealing with people on the internet is not a favourable experience" is what this thread should be.

WoW's community is not even half as toxic as a lot of other online communities.

You effectively stumbled into day care and found that it was too much to handle.
05/12/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Motav
What did you do, not even read the dungeon journal before going in? At some point you have to take some responsibility. Nobody cares that "you've been here since early day 1" we only care if you're gonna drag us down in a group or not. And since you didn't read the dungeon journal and can't even remember where you went in a small, circular dungeon... Sounds like you're a ball and chain.

Heck they ressed you a few times, they were being nice. But you apparently needed babysitting.

Geeze..first time in any dungeon or raid is hard even when you read the journal because you haven't experienced it yet and are not familiar with the dungeon layout.
05/12/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Brockthorn
05/12/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Motav

Geeze..first time in any dungeon or raid is hard even when you read the journal because you haven't experienced it yet and are not familiar with the dungeon layout.
If you don't learn from experiences, sure.

For anyone else that has actually been playing since release as OP claims to have been, it's not hard at all

Interrupt. (Sometimes heals, sometimes hard hitting spells.)
Don't stand in that. (reign of fire, ground effects in general, etc.)
Don't stand in front of that. (good practice for any mob)
Sometimes stack for that. (Meteor, as an example of this)

They're all the same basic principles. Just different art work.
Pre group finder era Players relied on each other for success. Dungeon content was long and difficult so people strived to build a good reputation that allowed them to get invited to groups. I spent most of vanilla spamming for groups in Ironforge and often I would end up inviting the same people because I knew they were dependable.

Post group finder era No accountability whatsoever. When you get in a group, the odds of grouping with those players ever again is quite slim so there isn't a whole lot of ensentive to build a relationship of any sort. People tend to just get through it as quick as possible.
05/12/2017 11:13 AMPosted by Beefpotato
Pre group finder era Players relied on each other for success. Dungeon content was long and difficult so people strived to build a good reputation that allowed them to get invited to groups. I spent most of vanilla spamming for groups in Ironforge and often I would end up inviting the same people because I knew they were dependable.

Post group finder era No accountability whatsoever. When you get in a group, the odds of grouping with those players ever again is quite slim so there isn't a whole lot of ensentive to build a relationship of any sort. People tend to just get through it as quick as possible.

Plus once people out geared that dungeon they didn't bother running it anymore unless they wanted to help the under geared folks.

I would go to SW on my level 60 priest and take the lowbies through the stockades pre LFD finder.

But now..you have 900+ geared tanks running though dungeons while some of the dps are 820 geared and can't absorb all that damage. I think that also made for a more toxic environment.
05/11/2017 03:58 PMPosted by Snowfox
IMHO groups aren't anything like they used to be.

Nobody is there to make friends, for instance.

We're just mercenaries these days.

This is a direct result of LFG and LFR plain and simple. Speed runs are the norm except the first week. It sucks... mostly because the instances are so stupid they CAN be run as speed runs. They are not challenging at all and therefore attract people who cannot handle challenges.

They made mythic to simulate challenge, but it's just a numeric increase. Not a true challenge.